2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Ok, I am gonna say it, the Miami Heat just aren't that good. School ground bullies of the NBA is what they are. Able to beat up on the little kids, but nothing much beyond that.

It's not that they "aren't that good." They just don't have any depth. The Celtics of the 80's had a "big three." So did the 80's Lakers. The difference is the Celtics and Lakers had players like Byron Scott and Dennis Johnson who could pick up the slack. They also had bench players like Bill Walton, Michael Cooper,Bob McAdoo etc. That's the difference. After Wade, LeBron, and Bosh the pickings get pretty slim. It's precisely why the Heat beat Hell out of the "little kids" but can't beat the upper tier teams.

Sure, their cast is a bit lacking... but Eddie House was a huge player for the Celtics in the playoffs, Z, though old, was still a contributor in Cleveland for the playoffs, Mike Miller is one of those guys teams always wanted and Erick Dampier was a key player with Dallas. You would think with James, Wade, and Bosh on the floor, or any 2 of those 3 shooters around them would be enough for success wouldn't it? You are talking about a team who has 2 of the top 4 best players in the league, and 3 of the top 10. Weren't House, Z, Damp, and Miller all considered "glue guys?" What makes that different this year?

You can't possibly be saying that Chris Bosh is one of the top 10 players in the NBA...

cmon-man.jpg

Still trying to get some mileage out of that?

Back on topic... to be honest... he could easily be top 10... if not 10, definitively top 15. It all depends on how you rate the players, whether its but their career, current team, skill set, impact on a game, etc. etc.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have put Blake Griffin's dad up there. He is really, really black.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Does that mean I'm allowed to pick up where I left off with the Lakers in 1991 without being called a frontrunner? B)

While we're on the subject, I'm looking for a team to "call my own" and it would seem the Lakers have to be in the running. Allow me to present my case (or dilemma I guess) with the Lakers.

I became a Lakers fan in 1975 when Kareem was traded there. (I was a Bucks fan before that) For the next 16 years I was a diehard Lakers fan. After Magic retired in 1991 I drifted away from following the NBA closely enough to really claim a "favorite" team. Buy the mid 90's I was paying no attention to the NBA. Last season I started following the NBA again but I am now a fan without a team. I'd like to "have a team" again. Since I already have in 16 years with the Lakers, I suppose it makes the most sense to just pick up where I left off. Despite the fact that I've probably got in more time as a Lakers fan than most of the current Lakers fans around here, I'm not crazy about the idea of "becoming a fan" of the back to back NBA champions. No one wants to be labeled a front runner. (just ask Drakonius :D )

Since rejoining the Lakers will likely be considered front running, I've been looking at some other teams too.

The Knicks: I think it would be cool to be a Knicks fan. I've always liked their uniforms (the traditional ones), I owned a pair of Puma "Clydes" when I was a kid (Walt Frazier's shoes for those of you too young to know what i'm talking about), and I did live in the state of New York (Syracuse) for seven years.

The Bulls: I really enjoyed watching the Bulls when they played Miami the other night, I really got a kick out of that Noah kid, and they have great uniforms.

So those are the three teams I'm interested in. I'll gladly entertain offers from other fan bases. (Except the Celtics. Even though I may not end up back with the Lakers, I still have to honor the fact that I hated the Celtics with an irrational passion for the entire decade of the 80's.)

Odds are that, since I'm from Ohio, someone is going to bring up the Cavs. Here's the thing, even though I'm from Ohio, I've never been interested in being a Cavs fan. After that pathetic display in July there's simply no way in Hell I'm aligning myself with that group. Being a Browns fan is bad enough.

Judges?

Really? Coming from the fan who has 22 favorite teams, and wants to become a Laker fan now?

Become a Lakers fan? Let me tell you something junior, I was a Lakers fan way back when they weren't "THE LAKERS." Back when "Showtime" was that little box on top of the TV. Back when their best forward was Cazzie Russell not James Worthy and the guy who wore number 42 was Lucius Allen. Back when the Dyan Cannon was the court side celebrity at the Forum. Back when Kermit Washington dropped Rudy T. Back when we hoped the Lakers were going to draft that kid from Michigan State. Back when Kareem's acting career consisted of an appearance on "Emergency!" with Randolph Mantooth.

I watched game 6 of the NBA Finals on tape delay. 11:30 pm on WTOL in Toledo Ohio.

I saw this :censored: live bitch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2MeGsoxSk

I've earned the right to come back after stepping away for a while. So there. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Does that mean I'm allowed to pick up where I left off with the Lakers in 1991 without being called a frontrunner? B)

While we're on the subject, I'm looking for a team to "call my own" and it would seem the Lakers have to be in the running. Allow me to present my case (or dilemma I guess) with the Lakers.

I became a Lakers fan in 1975 when Kareem was traded there. (I was a Bucks fan before that) For the next 16 years I was a diehard Lakers fan. After Magic retired in 1991 I drifted away from following the NBA closely enough to really claim a "favorite" team. Buy the mid 90's I was paying no attention to the NBA. Last season I started following the NBA again but I am now a fan without a team. I'd like to "have a team" again. Since I already have in 16 years with the Lakers, I suppose it makes the most sense to just pick up where I left off. Despite the fact that I've probably got in more time as a Lakers fan than most of the current Lakers fans around here, I'm not crazy about the idea of "becoming a fan" of the back to back NBA champions. No one wants to be labeled a front runner. (just ask Drakonius :D )

Since rejoining the Lakers will likely be considered front running, I've been looking at some other teams too.

The Knicks: I think it would be cool to be a Knicks fan. I've always liked their uniforms (the traditional ones), I owned a pair of Puma "Clydes" when I was a kid (Walt Frazier's shoes for those of you too young to know what i'm talking about), and I did live in the state of New York (Syracuse) for seven years.

The Bulls: I really enjoyed watching the Bulls when they played Miami the other night, I really got a kick out of that Noah kid, and they have great uniforms.

So those are the three teams I'm interested in. I'll gladly entertain offers from other fan bases. (Except the Celtics. Even though I may not end up back with the Lakers, I still have to honor the fact that I hated the Celtics with an irrational passion for the entire decade of the 80's.)

Odds are that, since I'm from Ohio, someone is going to bring up the Cavs. Here's the thing, even though I'm from Ohio, I've never been interested in being a Cavs fan. After that pathetic display in July there's simply no way in Hell I'm aligning myself with that group. Being a Browns fan is bad enough.

Judges?

Really? Coming from the fan who has 22 favorite teams, and wants to become a Laker fan now?

Become a Lakers fan? Let me tell you something junior, I was a Lakers fan way back when they weren't "THE LAKERS." Back when "Showtime" was that little box on top of the TV. Back when their best forward was Cazzie Russell not James Worthy and the guy who wore number 42 was Lucius Allen. Back when the Dyan Cannon was the court side celebrity at the Forum. Back when Kermit Washington dropped Rudy T. Back when we hoped the Lakers were going to draft that kid from Michigan State. Back when Kareem's acting career consisted of an appearance on "Emergency!" with Randolph Mantooth.

I watched game 6 of the NBA Finals on tape delay. 11:30 pm on WTOL in Toledo Ohio.

I've earned the right to come back after stepping away for a while. So there. :P

This post has a You got Served Moment of the Day

Judges?

Boardgifsohsnap.gif

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Judges?

How convenient you leave out the parts I said after that, only verifying that it must have struck a chord with you personally. It's okay if you want to be a Lakers fan, but just remember by doing so you relinquish the right to call anyone a front-runner since they're conveniently the current, back-to-back, defending NBA Champions. Plus, being older than someone, or watching something on tape-delay doesn't mean you can crawl back to a team that, you know... actually wins. So relax junior, I was just goofing around.

Boardgifsohsnap.gif

Anyway, Troy Murphy as previously mentioned just joined with the Celtics, but doesn't anyone actually think they're better off without Kendrick Perkins at center, and going with a more offensive combination of Krstic and Murphy. I mean, once again, they've signed a player who isn't well-known for his defensive abilities, and even if they manage to make the Finals this year I could easily see the Lakers and Spurs exposing that as a major weakness of the their team.

I don't want to say with the acquisition of Jeff Green to perhaps one day take the place of Garnett, that the Celtics are rebuilding, perhaps retooling. But with the moves they're making, I'd still seriously question if this team isn't going to feel the effects of Perkins absence in the playoffs. Although, the one area they lacked depth in (center) has been addressed this year, even if the pieces are still questionable in ability and health.

Who are you to decide which teams somebody is and isn't allowed to be a fan of? Infrared can be a Lakers fan if he wants to be, and doesn't have to give up any "rights" to do so.

In other words, shut up and take your roasting like a man. :D

That's easy coming from a Clippers fan of all things. My whole thing is he should be a little bit smarter than to label people in the same post, while conveniently selecting from three teams that... surprise, surprise, are contenders this year and in the ones to come.

How does the team I root for have anything to do with it? I hate the Lakers, but I'm not going to bitch and moan if someone decides to become a Laker fan. All fans have to start somewhere, I suppose.

Also, Infrared at least has some history as a Lakers fan. It's not like he was a Lakers fan the last two years, then a Celtics fan before that, then a Spurs fan before that, etc.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Very true, but his reasoning during the previous two posts were very weak. No real connection other than just watching them on television (tape-delay or otherwise). It doesn't matter what he calls me or how hard he beats his chest, he's basically just acting like LeBron James (in character only). Can't deal with losing and has to carpetbag onto another successful franchise just to feel like a winner. I personally don't hate Infrared, and was pretty much just taking some fun shots at him, but hey... at least come stronger than the whole "I watched them on television back in the day and always liked... *insert lame excuse here*."

At least I can say I've actually stuck by all my teams through thick and thin, choke-jobs and otherwise, regardless of how bad they are.

It doesn't matter what he calls me or how hard he beats his chest, he's basically just like LeBron James (in character only).

Except not. Not even remotely similar.

Can't deal with losing

He's a freaking Browns fan. Pretty sure Browns fans can deal with losing.

Actually it is fairly similar, since he has to resort to name-calling and labeling other people, but in the same posts talking about how he wants to root for a very good collection of teams. Besides to act as if he's above Cavaliers' fans for the way they acted, is crap. There's bad fans who root for every team, the Cavaliers are no different. Not to mention is post during that statement and afterward pretty much labels him as hypocritical too.

As far as his Browns losing... suck it up. I had to as a fan of my team at one point or another, so playing the "one of my teams sucks so I'll even it out by rooting for a really good team" doesn't fly with me either.

About the only point we agree on is at least he hasn't been hopping from good team to good team (at least not that I know of) since I've been on here. But that's the only point we agree on.

he's basically just like LeBron James

New avatar subtitle.

Agreed. A king, without any bling.

However, I want to keep this thread on basketball, so let's talk about that. The only reason I'm responding to Infrared's posts is to shoot down any poor attempt at humor he's trying to make at my expense. Since not one thing he's said has been accurate.

'Red, fandom is serious! There are rules to this :censored:!

Yeah, there's the tattoos, the running of a gauntlet, chanting, and the sacrifice of a year-old calf under the light of a full moon.

And that's just to get to the "contributor" tier of fandom.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived