2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The NBA looks more rigged year after year.

Who wants to bet the Heat make the Finals by winning a few games on questionable calls and face the Lakers who do it the same way.

With the Lakers winning on a questionable call.

Next year if there is one.

They meet again and the Heat win.

Does anything the NBA have done in the last year make anyone think they are favoring the Heat? Surely they might get the odd favourable call at the end of some of those close games if they were?

and how bad were the Heat down the stretch against the Magic? Is it possible to suddenly become good in clutch situations? Surely the only way is to replace the guy calling the plays?

Wait for the playoffs. Thats all that matters.

If the Heat win a few fishy games, I will say I told you so.

Remember Tim Donaghy said what the NBA does to get a desired results

Yeah but remember that Donaghy was trying to sell books. Who would buy a basketball refs book if it didn't contain a few juicy morsels.

At the end of the day though, who really cares if the whole of all star weekend is rigged? If that's what the NBA wants to do with, essentially, a succesion of exhibitions played to sell the game, what difference does it make?

And, presumpting a further question, that's why the NBA couldn't sue Donaghy. Because a few such games have been set to highlight the big name players.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA looks more rigged year after year.

Who wants to bet the Heat make the Finals by winning a few games on questionable calls and face the Lakers who do it the same way.

With the Lakers winning on a questionable call.

Next year if there is one.

They meet again and the Heat win.

1253930-this_thread_again_super.jpg

FFS, if the NBA was rigged, the Cavs & Lakers would've been in the Finals for the past 3 seasons. If the NBA was rigged, do you think they'd let the Spurs get off to that start? The face of the Spurs is boring as hell (yet one of the best big men to ever play the game), their championship runs had terrible ratings. If the NBA was fixed, the Spurs would be in the trash heap with the other crappy NBA teams.

So yeah, for the 58767687688th time, THE NBA IS NOT FIXED. Maybe All-Star Weekend was, but the actual competition isn't.

Cue Lights Out to bring up Blake Griffin's GPA.

To Lights Out, he's just "Blake".

Really fellas? Lights Out still has a "moment" here and there but overall he's pretty much turned it around. You're beating a dead horse just to beat a dead horse at this point. Give the guy a break.

BB52Big.jpg

Really fellas? Lights Out still has a "moment" here and there but overall he's pretty much turned it around. You're beating a dead horse just to beat a dead horse at this point. Give the guy a break.

I will when he does :P

I'll judge for myself when Boise State football comes back around. :D

6uXNWAo.png

It was a 5.0 throughout his whole time at Oklahoma... word is, he mentally calculated the trajectory of his Kia dunk on the fly while he was doing it. :P

'Red, you see, Lights Out has figured out to just tack on a :P to the end of his ridiculous, homeristic statements now.

6uXNWAo.png

Watching the NBA game from the o2 in London. Two things, Marv Albert is calling the game, no idea who the color guys are though? Not voices I recognise the voices of, and don't seem as good as Albert.

But also, they may be awful, but the Raptors have great road uniforms. The Nets have an awful uni set!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Watching the NBA game from the o2 in London. Two things, Marv Albert is calling the game, no idea who the color guys are though? Not voices I recognise the voices of, and don't seem as good as Albert.

But also, they may be awful, but the Raptors have great road uniforms. The Nets have an awful uni set!

To answer my own question, it's Mike Fratello. Surprised how poor he sounds!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It was a 5.0 throughout his whole time at Oklahoma... word is, he mentally calculated the trajectory of his Kia dunk on the fly while he was doing it. :P

Well played sir, well plaid.

Well played sir, well plaid.

Way to steal my catchphrase, and you spelled it wrong.

I think it needs to be retired from the internet in general.

Damn right it does. (And people think you and I don't agree on anything.)

I think we should institute a demerit system here. If you use "fail", "win", "well played", "well played sir", "meh", "anyhoo", "+1", "this"* etc. in a post, you get a demerit. Once you've accumulated a set number of demerits you are banned for being entirely unoriginal.

* "This" is ok as long as you follow it up with an explanation.

BB52Big.jpg

I think it needs to be retired from the internet in general.

Damn right it does. (And people think you and I don't agree on anything.)

I think we should institute a demerit system here. If you use "fail", "win", "well played", "meh", "anyhoo", etc. in a post, you get a demerit. Once you've accumulated a set number of demerits you are banned for being entirely unoriginal.

So I can still say "well played sir"?

Archived