2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The NBA thread is producing more gems than a South African mine. The pervasive sense of utter cluelessness as of late (myself totally included for thinking Tim Duncan was a top center) has been good for business. Tim Duncan is a league-leading center, being a lifelong Laker fan makes somebody "just like LeBron James," and the Minnesota Timberwolves are a lottery pick away from contention. Someone's passing around stupid pills.

To all the positions things I post, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player poster, I think that can carry on to my teammates fellow CCSLCers. When you have one of the best players posters on the court boards being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players posters.

I don't need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don't excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball CCSLC forums in my life.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA thread is producing more gems than a South African mine. The pervasive sense of utter cluelessness as of late (myself totally included for thinking Tim Duncan was a top center) has been good for business. Tim Duncan is a league-leading center, being a lifelong Laker fan makes somebody "just like LeBron James," and the Minnesota Timberwolves are a lottery pick away from contention. Someone's passing around stupid pills.

To all the positions things I post, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player poster, I think that can carry on to my teammates fellow CCSLCers. When you have one of the best players posters on the court boards being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players posters.

I don't need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don't excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball CCSLC forums in my life.

And we are thankful that you decided to take your talents to the CCSLC on June 30, 2005.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And we are thankful that you decided to take your talents to the CCSLC on June 30, 2005.

It's hard to win in the league on these boards, because every team some posters is are really good, they we got some players on their team around here. A lot harder than high school the old AOL forums. It's competitive, and that's what I most love about it.

I am just happy to be part of the Nike CCSLC family.

BB52Big.jpg

The Heat are stupid. Of all the guys on the floor during the last second (Bibby, Miller, Wade, LeBron, Bosh) down 3 to take a 3 pointer, they give it to BOSH FIRST for a 3 pointer, then LEBRON. THEY IGNORED THE TWO GUYS THEY BROUGHT IN SPECIFICALLY TO MAKE 3s, AND THEY IGNORED THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

I'm nowhere near a Heat fan, but that team is frustrating to watch. They're like the Hawks on steroids.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Possibly... I mean, it's the NBA, right? So there's always a chance something could be rigged.

In all fairness though, Yahoo Sports threw together an article like this shortly after the Slam Dunk Contest. Blake Griffin didn't exactly blow away the competition with his performance, but with getting his dunk down on the first try, having the whole setup (car, choir, everything) it's hard to take anything away from him.

To be honest, the Slam Dunk Contest hasn't been good for a while, despite a couple of standout performances in 2000 by Vince Carter, and 2008 by Dwight Howard. It's become far too stale, and way too played-out at this point.

You thought it wasn't?

Pretty much...and honestly, all he had to do was just get the ball through the rim & he would've won. That being said, I don't care. The point of the Slam Dunk contest at this point in the history of the NBA is being entertained by the spectacle, and those 4 players entertained the hell out of me.

You thought it wasn't?

Pretty much...and honestly, all he had to do was just get the ball through the rim & he would've won. That being said, I don't care. The point of the Slam Dunk contest at this point in the history of the NBA is being entertained by the spectacle, and those 4 players entertained the hell out of me.

I agree. The slam dunk competition nowadays seems to have the atmosphere of a wrestling match (the fake kind), but it's still entertaining as hell. The whole point of every event on All-Star Weekend is to entertain, and they do a great job of it.

I actually did text-vote for McGee (incidentally, the first time I have ever text-voted for anything on TV), but even as I was texting I realized it was probably pointless.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

You thought it wasn't?

The entire weekend was:

Celebrity Game MVP: Beiber

Dunk Contest: Blake Griffin

Rookie/Soph Game MVP: John Wall (didn't want to give Blake two awards)

Olds/WNBA Skills Mess: Atlanta (with NBA TV's Steve Smith)

ASG MVP: Kobe

Boom! Stern and the NBA Illuminati showcase the entertainment industry, downtown Los Angeles and AGE Live.

The NBA looks more rigged year after year.

Who wants to bet the Heat make the Finals by winning a few games on questionable calls and face the Lakers who do it the same way.

With the Lakers winning on a questionable call.

Next year if there is one.

They meet again and the Heat win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Who wants to bet the Heat make the Finals by winning a few games on questionable calls and face the Lakers who do it the same way.

Does anything the NBA have done in the last year make anyone think they are favoring the Heat? Surely they might get the odd favourable call at the end of some of those close games if they were?

and how bad were the Heat down the stretch against the Magic? Is it possible to suddenly become good in clutch situations? Surely the only way is to replace the guy calling the plays?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does anything the NBA have done in the last year make anyone think they are favoring the Heat? Surely they might get the odd favourable call at the end of some of those close games if they were?

and how bad were the Heat down the stretch against the Magic? Is it possible to suddenly become good in clutch situations? Surely the only way is to replace the guy calling the plays?

Wait for the playoffs. Thats all that matters.

If the Heat win a few fishy games, I will say I told you so.

Remember Tim Donaghy said what the NBA does to get a desired results

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived