2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing about the Heat... Maybe someone with more NBA knowledge can articulate this better than I'm about to but... When I watch the Heat it looks like there are three different teams out there at the same time. For a while they play "LeBron" style, then they'll shift to "Wade" style, then they go to "Five guys with no idea" for a while. The real problem is that they seem to switch between these styles every couple possessions. It's like they have no idea of what they're supposed to be so they constantly experiment or something.

How dare you say that about Chris Bosh's style.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Wizards continue to attract negative/weird attention to themselves... last night they became the first team this season to have 5 rookies on the court at once.

The new Fab 5!

Let the tanking begin. I guess they really want the #1 pick again next year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not impossible. The Cavaliers are playing themselves right out of that 25% shot at the first pick. They'd probably just blow it on Sullinger anyway to show they got a REAL Ohio kid this time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kwame Brown - assassin. Taking out Boozer when Charlotte's getting whacked by 20. Not cool, sir.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Excellent win for the Clippers. Fun fact: the Clippers have now beaten every current division leader in the league.

And?

Is that especially unusual? (I mean in general, not just for the Clippers. The Clippers beating anyone is fairly unusual ;) )

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I do think the playoffs this year could be especially exciting. In the first round in the east, at least one team (one of the Celtics, Bulls, Heat, Magic or Knicks) who have ambitions for the conference finals, at least, will be bundled out in round 1. Then you've got pretty high caliber teams in both conferences ready for the conference semis. (4 of the 5 above plus Lakers, Spurs, Mavs +1 possibly Thunder).

Even in the championship series there is any number of potentially exciting match ups.

And yet, anyone betting against the Lakers at the moment?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Excellent win for the Clippers. Fun fact: the Clippers have now beaten every current division leader in the league.

And?

Is that especially unusual? (I mean in general, not just for the Clippers. The Clippers beating anyone is fairly unusual ;) )

Actually, IIRC, the Clippers are the only team to have done it so far this season.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Exactly why the Knicks got Carmelo.

Oh, so, you like Carmelo today, huh? :P

---------

I heard some yack mouth on ESPN Radio actually call Carmelo Anthony the anti-LeBron because he hit that shot last night (and hits almost half of his shots in that situation). I find this exceptionally laughable even though I am a fan of Carmelo and the trade. No, LeBron James hasn't performed well recently in similar situations lately, but I cannot really see any aspect of Carmelo Anthony's game in which he is better than LeBron James. Kobe Bryant only hits about a third of his last-second shots. Does that mean Carmelo Anthony is the anti-Kobe, too?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And?

Actually, IIRC, the Clippers are the only team to have done it so far this season.

Well as there are 6 teams in the NBA that can't do it (although the Miami Heat seem to find ways of beating themselves!!) perhaps it's not as common as I first thought! But I think it's more through luck than skill for the Clippers!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

But I think it's more through luck than skill for the Clippers!

Last night was definitely lucky (as were our wins over Chicago and OKC). But in the Clips' other wins over division leaders, the team simply outclassed their opponent through all four quarters, especially against the Heat and Lakers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

But in the Clips' other wins over division leaders, the team simply outclassed their opponent

In the Spurs loss, the Clippers didn't play well down the stretch, but the Spurs were playing worse. It wasn't so much "outclassing" as it was "sucking less".

Wow, I had a feeling that the Lakers might lose this game. Something just didn't feel right before the game.

Enjoy the win Heat fans, the refs gave it to you. "Z" was flat out pushing Bynum out of the paint the whole game. Not boxing-out mind you, but flat out facing Bynum straight up, and pushing him out of the way. Then at the end, with the referee debacle. James being "pushed" to the ground, Wade grabbing Kobe's arm for all the world to see and not getting a foul called against. We were only down 88-90 at that point and two Kobe free-throws would have changed the game. At least we didn't straight up lose to the Heat, meaning that they just flat out beat us, they had some help. But, it's okay. I don't expect to see the Heat in the Finals with the Lakers. I expect either Boston or Chicago.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

And don't get me wrong, I thought the refs called fouls on the Heat, which benefitted the Lakers, that I thought were ticky-tack and shouldn't have been called. The problem was, they didn't call fouls that were obvious to me. The refs were just overall bad tonight.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived