New Oregon Basketball Court

J Sick

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is it supposed to look like an old worn out rec center gym floor because mission accomplished and I love it, though the white 3 point line is kinda hard to see in some spots.

What is under the O at center court? Are those letters or is that supposed to be a net?

PvO6ZWJ.png

So is it supposed to look like an old worn out rec center gym floor because mission accomplished and I love it, though the white 3 point line is kinda hard to see in some spots.

What is under the O at center court? Are those letters or is that supposed to be a net?

It's Oregon's new Stonehenge logo--previewing their uniform theme for next year. Isn't it the logical progression? Diamond plate, ghost flames, shoulder wings, Stonehenge...

Now that I realize the floor design is trees in a forest, and not some random floor sanding, I actually am starting to like it.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

At first glance it looks like a worn out gymnasium floor, but now that I see the tree pattern I like it even more. I would even consider myself a traditionalist, though I've always liked "out there" court design. The Charlotte Hornets court with the honeycomb lanes, the paint inside the three point arcs, and the trail following the bee to center court is my all-time favorite basketball court.

For a team in the northwest and a school that pushes the boundaries aesthetically across all sports, I think this is perfect. Something like this would only work for a handful of schools, but Oregon is one of them. Well done.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like many different design aesthetics, from traditional to more modern. But I just find myself ALWAYS scratching my head at what Nike comes up with for their pets at Oregon. The idea is unique and interesting, but it really looks more like an accident than a view looking up through trees.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It looked like hell until I saw the trees, now it's kind of neat. It's different - and while at first garish, it's got some charm to it. I'm sure the student body will come to love it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

At first glance it looks like a worn out gymnasium floor, but now that I see the tree pattern I like it even more. I would even consider myself a traditionalist, though I've always liked "out there" court design. The Charlotte Hornets court with the honeycomb lanes, the paint inside the three point arcs, and the trail following the bee to center court is my all-time favorite basketball court.

For a team in the northwest and a school that pushes the boundaries aesthetically across all sports, I think this is perfect. Something like this would only work for a handful of schools, but Oregon is one of them. Well done.

Agreed. I loved that Hornets court.

I dig this Oregon court. Fits the school really well. My only only gripe is this - make the men's 3-point line any other color than white.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The graphic makes it look better than the photo. Maybe it's a bit of the glare.

But you really do lose that white 3-point line. Any chance they're made (by the conference, or the refs after a few games) to change that line to yellow?

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived