New Oregon Basketball Court

J Sick

The graphic makes it look better than the photo. Maybe it's a bit of the glare.

But you really do lose that white 3-point line. Any chance they're made (by the conference, or the refs after a few games) to change that line to yellow?

The views are misleading. I have officiated games on light courts with glare, and I could still see the 3-point line. There are 2 officials out beyond the key that can determine if a shot is a 3 or a 2.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like not printing proofs before handing in a final design... it looks wonderful in the second image posted, the "not real" one, but on the actual floor it's hard to discern the "unsanded" look as trees. The glare makes it look unfinished. Concept, great. Execution, not too great.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

I haven't read anywhere that Nike designed the court

Tinker Hatfield works for Nike and designed the court. Of course with Nike being based in Oregon, they happen to have a lot of UO alumni as employees. Hatfield was all-everything as a prep in Oregon and set records at UO in track & field, so the "darth vader" crack made upthread is woefully misplaced.

That's amazingly unique. You almost have to like it. Has anything remotely similar ever been produced for a basketball court?

The only thing I can think of it A&M's court, and some of the old 90s courts. Even then they're nothing close.

I love it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That's amazingly unique. You almost have to like it. Has anything remotely similar ever been produced for a basketball court?

The only thing I can think of it A&M's court, and some of the old 90s courts. Even then they're nothing close.

I love it.

Exactly, thats the reason I like it. I'm not suggesting every other school goes out and put in a court like this, but for some reason, it is just straight up badass

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It looks ok, but I can't help but think that Nike is terribly overstaffed if they have the free time to come up with stuff like this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The views are misleading. I have officiated games on light courts with glare, and I could still see the 3-point line. There are 2 officials out beyond the key that can determine if a shot is a 3 or a 2.

I hope you're right, because I too love what they're doing but it seems madly impractical to have court markings that blend into the floor.

Archived