Obscure New York Mets Secondary Logo

TruColor

Chris has the following logo in the main site listed as a "stadium" logo, and being used from 1993 through 1998.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/67/full/h3puy9uw7y13sem9687apeels.gif

I have found this logo in an official logosheet circa 1995; it is designated as a secondary logo:

NewYorkMets_SEL1_1993-1998.png

Does anyone here know the story behind this one? Was it actually used much?

When the Mets added the underscore in 1993 they came out with this as an alternate logo. It was in the yearbook a few years, than it faded and finally vanished all together. The original messy logo was a scan of a window decal I had for years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll have to search through my ticket scrapbooks; I'm positive I've got a ticket stub somewhere from the mid to late 1990s that has that logo on it. I will post a photo or scan if I can find it.

BTW, seeing anything Shea related reminds me once again how much I hate the new place's name. I recently had to explain to my 16-year old niece that they used to name stadia and arenas after actual people instead of the corporation that paid the highest dollars (hard when she lives in St. Louis, with Busch Stadium (she associates the name with the beer, not the brewing family), the TWA/Edward Jones Dome, and the Scottrade/Savvis/Kiel Center (or Civic Center for those who ride Metrolink)). Yes, she sometimes makes me feel very old!

Yeah, it was on tickets, programs, soda cups, etc. for a few years back in the early 90's.

Tim Bogar! Joe Orsulak! Josias Manzanillo! Show up at Shea!

If i can dig up a stub or find something in one of their media guides from that era I'll let you know.

The Worst team money can buy.

Vince "Firecracker" Coleman

Brett "Bleach Rambo" Saberhagen

Bobby Bonilla, Bronx Tours given daily

Mets Baseball, the hits just keep coming.

1993 was the most miserable year the Mets ever had and that is saying a lot when you see the misery this team gives reguraly.

Stewie nailed it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah, it was on tickets, programs, soda cups, etc. for a few years back in the early 90's.

Tim Bogar! Joe Orsulak! Josias Manzanillo! Show up at Shea!

If i can dig up a stub or find something in one of their media guides from that era I'll let you know.

The Worst team money can buy.

Vince "Firecracker" Coleman

Brett "Bleach Rambo" Saberhagen

Bobby Bonilla, Bronx Tours given daily

Mets Baseball, the hits just keep coming.

1993 was the most miserable year the Mets ever had and that is saying a lot when you see the misery this team gives reguraly.

Stewie nailed it.

Fire Alderson?

Mmmhhh... I like to think that saying "Obscure New York Mets Secondary Logo" is because the logo has soooo "nightly", hence it's obscure. :hockeysmiley:

NewYorkMets_SEL1_1993-1998.png

HEY!

For a while I thought I saw a baseball logo assembling two old, lovable New York symbols: Shea Stadium and Night Court.

night_court1.jpg

(bow)

Remember that funny show? Loved all those baseball jokes there.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived