Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey News?

nash61

The Columbus Blue Jackets have been keeping VERY tight lipped about their new third jerseys. Does anyone have any leaks or new info about them?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been so many leaks before uniforms are unveiled recently that it's refreshing to see something kept underwraps until they reveal. That is, if it doesn't get let out in the next 4 days.

I haven't decided if I'm going to the mall or not yet. I like jerseys and I like the Blue Jackets, but I can get the same thing on TV and I would feel ultra-dorky if I drove 20 minutes to see a jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's been so many leaks before uniforms are unveiled recently that it's refreshing to see something kept underwraps until they reveal. That is, if it doesn't get let out in the next 4 days.

I haven't decided if I'm going to the mall or not yet. I like jerseys and I like the Blue Jackets, but I can get the same thing on TV and I would feel ultra-dorky if I drove 20 minutes to see a jersey.

Go. I'd so be going if I lived in Columbus. lol

And the suspense is killing me, but I actually do kinda like that my team's been able to keep it secret for this long.

6fQjS3M.png

And the suspense is killing me, but I actually do kinda like that my team's been able to keep it secret for this long.

Go. Being able to say that you were at a jersey unveiling is something to be proud of. If I lived within an hour of Columbus, I'd rock my Nash jersey to the mall that day.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Go. Being able to say that you were at a jersey unveiling is something to be proud of. If I lived within an hour of Columbus, I'd rock my Nash jersey to the mall that day.

I agree. Even though it's only a third jersey, it's still pretty cool. The only time I've ever been able to make it out to something like this was back in the Kindgome when the Mariners unveiled the compass rose logo and the current uniforms. I think that was part of what made me a logo and jersey geek in the first place. It's a great way to support your team. Of all the small market teams in need of fan support, Columbus has by far the best fan base, and good showings at events like this are keeping the Jackets in Ohio.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Ya it's something that you can tell your grand kids about. "Hey kids, I was there when the blue jackets relieved their third jerseys way in 2010!" "grandpa, who are the blue jackets?"

Why is that?

BB52Big.jpg

How the :censored: is attending a uniform unveiling something to be proud of.

Banging the hottest girl in school is something to be proud of. Losing a lot of weight if you're a fatass is something to be proud of. Heck, even solving a crime with Scooby and the gang is something to be proud of.

Again, how the :censored: is attending a uniform unveiling something to be proud of.

I'm sure all your friends will be sooo jealous of you for going. Do it!

I'd be jealous of you.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why is that?

Why do people line up on the first day to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops? Why do people go see the new Harry Potter movie that night it comes out? They could just as easily watch/get it a week later.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Harry Potter and video games are mainstream. Uniform design is not (except for throwbacks).

For those of us jersey/logo fanatics it is.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm leaning towards going, but I have no idea what mood I'll be in on Wednesday. It'll depend on what kind of day I have at work. If I'm crabby then I'm not going to the mall to sound around with a bunch of other dorks waiting for a jersey to come out.

Another thing, by the time I take high-res pictures (and I would) and get them back to my computer picture of the jersey will probably already be all over this board and dissected. What's the fun of going to unveiling in person if I'm not the first person to let it spill.

I'll probably go and I'll take my nikon and I'll get some good shots from all different angles. If I don't go then, sorry.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm leaning towards going, but I have no idea what mood I'll be in on Wednesday. It'll depend on what kind of day I have at work. If I'm crabby then I'm not going to the mall to sound around with a bunch of other dorks waiting for a jersey to come out.

Another thing, by the time I take high-res pictures (and I would) and get them back to my computer picture of the jersey will probably already be all over this board and dissected. What's the fun of going to unveiling in person if I'm not the first person to let it spill.

I'll probably go and I'll take my nikon and I'll get some good shots from all different angles. If I don't go then, sorry.

You don't have to be the FIRST - just be the BEST.

(Best pictures that is.)

^_^

And this is what Jackets beat writer Aaron Portzline had to say today on his blog...

The Blue Jackets? third sweater, to be unveiled Wednesday, has been designed to ? once and for all ?blast home the link between the club?s nickname and Ohio?s involvement in the U.S. Civil War.

As has been reported in this space and in The Dispatch many times, the new sweater will feature a new logo, that of an 1857 Napoleon Field Cannon, similar to the one that?s fired frequently in Nationwide Arena.

The primary color of the sweater ? along with the new pants ? is navy blue, sources told The Dispatch today. The cannon will be detailed in variations of white, off-white and silver to give it depth and texture, similar to the New York Rangers? ?Statue of Liberty? sweater.

The cannon, sources said, will aim from left to right across the chest, set in a circular patch that?s a lighter blue. Also on the chest is a single star, signifying Columbus? status as Ohio?s capital.

It?s unclear if the sweater will be an old-school tie-down variety or have a standard neck line, but the current logos in play ? the swirling Ohio flag and the Civil War cap ? may have a place on the shoulder patch of the new sweater.

The Blue Jackets, according to sources, considered a handful of different primary colors for the sweater, including a lighter shade of blue and red.

It should be no surprise, however, that they went with the classic/conservative look, as that?s been their trend with the sweater since they reworked their inaugural logo before the 2003-04 season.

There?s also an added benefit to choosing color, at it pays homage to franchise?s most beloved figure. Late owner John H. McConnell, who served in the Navy.

The club has gone to great lengths to keep it's new look a secret. They were expected to break in their new gear on last week's road trip through California, but opted against it. Only a few players have seen the sweater, and it's been kept away from many front-office staffers to avoid leaks.

The sweater will be officially unveiled at Tuttle Mall on Wednesday while the Blue Jackets play the New York Islanders on Long Island, N.Y. The curtain will drop during the first intermission.

6fQjS3M.png

So they are going to wear blue pants with these. That probably means that they're completely devoid of red. I think I'm going to like the cannon logo and I anticipate that we'll see the primary logo on one shoulder and the secondary logo on the other. So all that's left to see are how they handle the socks and the striping of the jerseys. I don't have a good feeling about it.

If that light blue is lighter than royal, I will be pissed. If they make the same mistake as the Florida Panthers then I will take an oath to never buy one. `

PvO6ZWJ.png

Does sound an awful lot like the Panthers' debacle though, right?

People (on here at least) are tired of Navy/Light Blue hockey jerseys and circular patches. I shouldn't say this before the unveiling, but they messed this one up. I can already tell. They had a great opportunity to go with a Gray jersey and be unique. Blah.

Archived