Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey News?

nash61

Any chance they use that sharp, Kings-like font on the jerseys?

:censored:, I hope not. It's the worst part of the Kings' identity, to have another team latch onto it would be suicidal.

As a die-hard Kings fan, I completely agree with yo that the Kings number font is the worst part of their uniform. It's just to friggin' cutesy, just like the Ducks font they use. Cutesy is good for teddy bears, but not for hockey uniforms.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the absence of red, but I love the jerseys overall. The crest is gorgeous and if that number font would eventually replace Copperplate on the home and road, I'd be thrilled.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

It's definitely not one of the worst thirds around, but after Pittsburgh, Florida and Nashville, why have another navy/light blue/off white jersey?, and why have the logo in a circle? The "Steel Blue" stripes and collar also seem to be a bit too bright/teal-like and don't really flow with the rest of the jersey (not to mention the redundant piping on the shoulders, which would have looked better without it). The name/number font is also mismatched.

By itself, the jersey looks pretty good. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't gibe well with the rest of the identity package.

Mr. Butts the mascot, though, could probably have stayed on the drawing board.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd like it more if it had some red in it, but other than that I don't really care for it, too bland for me.

They aren't necessarily too bland for me, but I agree, there should have been some red in it. The lack of red makes the "cementing an identity" line from the promo vid a bit suspect.

It's definitely not one of the worst thirds around, but after Pittsburgh, Florida and Nashville, why have another navy/light blue/off white jersey?, and why have the logo in a circle? The "Steel Blue" stripes and collar also seem to be a bit too bright/teal-like and don't really flow with the rest of the jersey (not to mention the redundant piping on the shoulders, which would have looked better without it). The name/number font is also mismatched.

While I like Nashville's change, and I liked the Pens' first Winter Classic sweaters, this navy/light blue trend is getting ridiculous. At least Columbus didn't use powder blue, and went with a different shade of light blue. I also can't stand RBK Edge striping and piping and prefer more traditional striping, all the fauxback sweaters are starting to get tired too. Too much of a good thing.

All that being said, I don't know if I like the Jackets 3rds, but I don't dislike them either.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived