Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey News?

nash61

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Designing the next NHL team alternate jersey by Puckdrawn.com

I'm not sure which NHL team is next in line to unveil an alternate jersey, but PuckDrawn will make designing it VERY easy for them. You see, there is a simple three step process to designing an alternate jersey these days and they are as follows:

1. Pick your favorite shade of blue for the jersey

6a01157061294d970b0134897f875d970c-800wi.gif

6a01157061294d970b0147e0233a88970b-800wi.jpg

2. Add that retro looking circle logo

6a01157061294d970b0147e0233842970b-800wi.jpg

3. Add shoe laces

6a01157061294d970b0134897f8900970c-800wi.jpg

Boom! You're done.

6a01157061294d970b0147e0233aeb970b-800wi.jpg

So which NHL team will be next in line to unveil one of these blue/retro circle logo jerseys? My money is on Atlanta.

most of them i like.

The first penguins one on the top is alright not great. The blues one i like, in fact probably one of my favorite alts right now, the panthers i would like if they used red and the old panther logo. Bottom penguins jersey is alright and the blue jackets is red trim away from being good. right now it reminds me of a lightning jersey. thats honestly the first team that came to mind.

You cant really fault the designs of the above jerseys but when you put them all side by side like that it becomes a bit much. Im hoping this the last circle logo jersey we see for quite some time because if you add Minnesota's home and Chicago's Alt you have seven of them! At least Pittsburgh will only be able to use one of theirs next season.

I actually really like these jerseys. I think the striping design, though not overly original, is different enough from any of the patterns in my opinion. And even the double blue--it doesn't really remind me of Pittsburgh (or Florida) the way Florida did when they unveiled.

The logo is obviously not entirely original, but I really don't know what to say. It's a good formula for a hockey crest. You lose points for not being original, but at least your churning out something pleasing to the eye.

My two real complaints would be the off-white--it seems unnecessary, and the thin blue outline along the shoulder yolks--it's hard to see and again unnecessary.

I actually really like these jerseys. I think the striping design, though not overly original, is different enough from any of the patterns in my opinion. And even the double blue--it doesn't really remind me of Pittsburgh (or Florida) the way Florida did when they unveiled.

The logo is obviously not entirely original, but I really don't know what to say. It's a good formula for a hockey crest. You lose points for not being original, but at least your churning out something pleasing to the eye.

My two real complaints would be the off-white--it seems unnecessary, and the thin blue outline along the shoulder yolks--it's hard to see and again unnecessary.

"Not Offensive" != "Pleasing".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd have gone with the "CBJ-monogram over crossed cannons" logo that appeared in the video about developing the third jerseys. Preferably, the one that included some Red in the logo.

Ya that one looked good to me, much more like a hockey logo than the one they picked. Would of fit in well with their primary logo too.

I'd have gone with the "CBJ-monogram over crossed cannons" logo that appeared in the video about developing the third jerseys. Preferably, the one that included some Red in the logo.

That logo did look pretty good, and it's a shame they didn't go with that.

I'm guessing this is why teams generally don't show this sort of stuff.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A few of us here on the boards met in the Twin Cities a couple of years ago, and one of the guys (I'm not going to say who) had a portfolio of the design progression that was put together in the development of the Buffaslug.

It was amazing...it was like they took some really good ideas, and kept tweaking and tweaking and tweaking the design until it was hideous.

Every single concept created prior to the final product was by far superior to the end result.

A few of us here on the boards met in the Twin Cities a couple of years ago, and one of the guys (I'm not going to say who) had a portfolio of the design progression that was put together in the development of the Buffaslug.

It was amazing...it was like they took some really good ideas, and kept tweaking and tweaking and tweaking the design until it was hideous.

Every single concept created prior to the final product was by far superior to the end result.

I seem to remember something like that floating around the interwebs somewhere. Wasn't there some Niagra Falls influence in one of the earlier designs or something?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I was there and they looked much better in person on the moving players than they did on the rack. My complaints are about the number font. It is really freaking ugly and Chris Clark and Andrew Murray who wear 71 and 17, respectively, looked the worst. The sevens are a vertical bar connecting at 90 degrees with a horizontal bar. They look like the number 1 from afar.

I like the off-white and I like the striping with the royal blue. It's a nice change of pace from the normal uniforms, which are still far superior in my eyes.

That said, I really hope this stays the third uniform and doesn't weasel its way into the regular uniform set like third jerseys have a tendency to do.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The logo (a cannon?);

Given that the club's nickname refers to Union soldiers during the Civil War, the cannon makes sense. It's about the only thing about this mess that does.

Additionally, and I've stated it once already in this thread, the cannon pictured (a 1857 Napoleon IIRC) is actually in Nationwide Arena and is fired following Blue Jackets goals and wins.

6fQjS3M.png

That number font has to be the ugliest one to hit NHL ice since the Mighty Ducks' Wild Wing alt. Parts of it seem like intentionally bad design, especially the 1, 4, and 7. Don't know if anyone else noticed, but the top serif on the 1 is slightly longer than the bottom ones, which looks astoundingly poor. And way to keep the standard home/road nameplate font, carrying on the proud tradition of having it match precisely nothing else in the team's identity.

Oh, and someone needs to cure Reebok of this "vintage white" fetish pronto. The flat silver on this jersey might pop a bit more if it wasn't shoved in alongside dirty white everywhere. It's the Patriots alt jersey problem taken one step further.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The thing that really drives home the Florida Panthers vibe? The pants. Both the Panthers alternate and the Blue Jackets alternate use the same pants striping pattern.

not quite. I give Columbus that bit of credit because the Panthers' pants look like gym shorts

panthersnewjersey.jpg107162146_std.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived