Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey News?

nash61

I like the idea behind a cannon logo. The one they went with, however, just seems underwhelming. It's a fine picture of a cannon, but not a very good sports logo.

Unless the sports team in question happens to be a small town football/soccer team in Britain. They seem to like this bland design style :rolleyes:

Arsenal? That's the only British soccer team that uses a cannon that I can think of. Anyway if you were talking about Arsenal I disagree. The cannon they use currently is very well done. The cannon in profile is simple, iconic. The Blue Jackets' cannon, due to a combination of perspective and shading, looks more like a drawing of a cannon and less like a logo. Whereas Arsenal's cannon looks like a logo styled after a cannon. If that makes any sense at all.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The third jersey schedule has been removed from Bluejackets.com. The players chose to wear their regular home uniforms last night in what was supposed to be a third jersey uniform game and the reason cited was superstition. Also, according to Columbus Dispatch writer Aaron Portzline the new cannon/silver dong/crippled beercan is going to be making fewer appearances and could be gone by next season. Let's hope these things go the way of the mooterus/wildwing/burger king.

I dont think these new jerseys should be lumped into the same category as the Stars Mooterus and Especially not the Ducks Wildwing. I can appreciate that alot of people dont like the trendy circle logo and two tone blue scheme but there are far worse jerseys seeing action in the NHL right now (Flames and Oilers come to mind). Also dropping them out of superstition is a pretty weak excuse in my books. Its the players that win games not the jerseys.

I didn't compare the Blue Jackets third to those jerseys. I was just hoping they suffer a similar fate. They're much better by comparison to the Mooterus/wildwing/burger king.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the idea behind a cannon logo. The one they went with, however, just seems underwhelming. It's a fine picture of a cannon, but not a very good sports logo.

Unless the sports team in question happens to be a small town football/soccer team in Britain. They seem to like this bland design style :rolleyes:

Arsenal? That's the only British soccer team that uses a cannon that I can think of. Anyway if you were talking about Arsenal I disagree. The cannon they use currently is very well done. The cannon in profile is simple, iconic. The Blue Jackets' cannon, due to a combination of perspective and shading, looks more like a drawing of a cannon and less like a logo. Whereas Arsenal's cannon looks like a logo styled after a cannon. If that makes any sense at all.

Nonononono. Small town team, I said.

And I wasn't neccesarily talking of a cannon-based design, but more the art style of the logo. Similar to this Blue Jackets logo in its general appearance but with even less colour. Something a bit like this.

While I like how they went with a war-timey, propaganda poster feel with the Jackets third crest, it feels too much like a football/soccer logo for my liking.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The third jersey schedule has been removed from Bluejackets.com. The players chose to wear their regular home uniforms last night in what was supposed to be a third jersey uniform game and the reason cited was superstition. Also, according to Columbus Dispatch writer Aaron Portzline the new cannon/silver dong/crippled beercan is going to be making fewer appearances and could be gone by next season. Let's hope these things go the way of the mooterus/wildwing/burger king.

Are you serious? They spent all this money paying people to design this jersey, to come up with prototypes, manufacture the jersey for mass sale etc. etc. and then plan to dump them because of a losing streak? I hope all this is a joke. Because if that's the case, that goes beyond incompetent.

The Catch of the Day!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Are you serious? They spent all this money paying people to design this jersey, to come up with prototypes, manufacture the jersey for mass sale etc. etc. and then plan to dump them because of a losing streak? I hope all this is a joke. Because if that's the case, that goes beyond incompetent.

I agree. What a :censored: ing joke of a franchise if this is the case. You spend all that money and time marketing the jerseys, amongst everything else you've done that The Giant Pacific Octopus mentioned in his post and you ditch the uniforms because you lost a few games.

That quote only says the penis mascot is getting phased out. With all the negative attention it's received, i'm not surprised. The jerseys won't be gone

Manchester-City-icon.png

I agree. What a :censored: ing joke of a franchise if this is the case. You spend all that money and time marketing the jerseys, amongst everything else you've done that The Giant Pacific Octopus mentioned in his post and you ditch the uniforms because you lost a few games.

Hockey players, goalies in particular, can be very superstitious.

To borrow an argument from BBTV, why make players wear a certain type of uniform if they feel uncomfortable in it? Even if the effects are purely psychological, why force the issue?

Hockey players, goalies in particular, can be very superstitious.

To borrow an argument from BBTV, why make players wear a certain type of uniform if they feel uncomfortable in it? Even if the effects are purely psychological, why force the issue?

Agreed

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is there a rule that says they have to wear these jerseys so many times this season? Do they have to wear them past this season? I think those Pepsi Sabres alternates were specifically announced as for this season only.

I don't think they're required to wear them past this season. I do believe, however, that there is a set limit on how many times alternates must be worn in a single season. So we haven't see the last the Blue Jackets' alternates yet, though they'll be seen few and far between as they quietly fill up the required number of games.

I thought, and this may either be outdated info or completely ex rectum, that the NHL's rule on thirds was no fewer than 6 wearings in a season, and no more than 15.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Despite the third jerseys’ alleged hexing influence on the Blue Jackets, they have not been burned and buried.

“The plan is to wear them on Saturday night, and there’s a whole series of other dates,” said Browne. In fact, the NHL mandates that if a team introduces a new uniform, it must be worn at least 12 times during the season, he said.

That’s at least eight more losses as far as the superstitious are concerned. And their ranks may include a few inside the locker room.

The entire article can be found here: http://www.theotherpaper.com/articles/2010/12/16/cover_story/doc4d0a1b49ef61b367761839.txt

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

At least they're 0-5-0 in the third jerseys that look decent. Personally, I can't stand the Flames 3rd jersey, or the fact they also have a not-so-hot record while wearing the monstrosities.

61f7981cff.png

"You know, you'd think he'd already won a couple of Vezinas the way he strolls through the locker-room, ya know? I'm like 'How many games has he won, 300? Oh,no- 2.'" ~Craig Conroy on Henrik Karlsson.

Archived