Lebon's New Nike Logo

Sguse1

I've been trying to avoid this whole... LeBron issue... because, I think the logo is absolutely terrible. But...

Does his leaving affect me or my boys (by boys, I'm referring to a part of my anatomy, not my kin)? No. Does my job hinge on him being here or not? No. Is my family splitting apart at the seems because he left? No. So, the only thing that really changes is the Cavs aren't playing on Christmas. Well, I'll still having Christmas at my house, my family will be there, were going to get drunk, the men will play cards, the women will play Catch Phrase, and then we'll all pass out... just like when the Cavs were playing on Christmas.

People are going to be bitter... Even I'm still a little bitter... but at what point do you brush yourself off and get back on your feet? If you are a Cavs fan, then you are still going to watch the games on FSO, you are still going to go downtown and support the watering holes and go to the Q. But if you were a Cavs fan because LeBron was here, then now you are a Heat fan because LeBron is there.

There are far greater tragedies in the world. Sure, I understand people invest passion and emotion into their sports teams, but honestly, its time to brush yourself off.

I absolutely couldn't have put it any better myself.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to avoid this whole... LeBron issue... because, I think the logo is absolutely terrible. But...

Does his leaving affect me or my boys (by boys, I'm referring to a part of my anatomy, not my kin)? No. Does my job hinge on him being here or not? No. Is my family splitting apart at the seems because he left? No. So, the only thing that really changes is the Cavs aren't playing on Christmas. Well, I'll still having Christmas at my house, my family will be there, were going to get drunk, the men will play cards, the women will play Catch Phrase, and then we'll all pass out... just like when the Cavs were playing on Christmas.

People are going to be bitter... Even I'm still a little bitter... but at what point do you brush yourself off and get back on your feet? If you are a Cavs fan, then you are still going to watch the games on FSO, you are still going to go downtown and support the watering holes and go to the Q. But if you were a Cavs fan because LeBron was here, then now you are a Heat fan because LeBron is there.

There are far greater tragedies in the world. Sure, I understand people invest passion and emotion into their sports teams, but honestly, its time to brush yourself off.

I absolutely couldn't have put it any better myself.

Agreed, im over the whole thing now but when people tell Cleveland to stop whining about it, it makes me really mad.

Lebron was never a cleveland athlete. He did not play with heart. He gave up!

Brown, Feller, Kozar, Sipe, Hillis, McCoy, Sizemore...real Cleveland stars they play with their heart, play for the team, play for the city. You'd never see them give up...

If you feel personally slighted, or embarrassed, or scorned, because of a decision that a professional athlete made, then you must have such a void in your pathetic life that you should seriously consider if you really want to go on without getting the help that you need. Have some self respect people. If you equate your own self worth to the "on field" success or failure of a privately-owned sports team for which you are nothing but a customer, regardless of how "different" you think your situation is, then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and start thinking about where it all went wrong in your life. When the team you cheer for wins a title, you didn't win anything. You still have the same crappy job that you did the day before, you still bang the same fat stinky woman that you banged the day before, and you're going to have to wash the dishes and take out the trash - just like before. It works the other way too - if the team you cheer for loses, you still do all the same things you did the day before. If you live in Cleveland and happen to have a smoking hot wife to wake up to every morning, then why is it such a big deal that a team lost? I get that we're all fans and for a few hours a week we "fake" ourselves into getting emotionally involved in something (each for their own reasons), but seriously. This Cleveland thing has gotten so far out of hand that it's not even something to laugh about anymore.

hizbla%20protest%2003.jpg

Apparently there is one cleveland fan who is a bit overzealous. Do we have a ignore button? I really feel like i need it for 02Rover.

I'm just happy for Four things in my life--

The Dolphins 2 Super Bowls

The Marlins 2 World Series Wins (over the Indians and Yanks)

The Heat World Championship

The Panthers Existance (as opposed to being contracted like a certain Cleveland hockey team I have read about).

In all actuality, one of the sickest joys I get is reading about The Brooklyn to LA move of the Dodgers, NY to SF of the Giants, Rams to STL, Cards to AZ, and oddly the heartbreak of the Browns to Baltimore. I also enjoy reading about A-Rod to TEX, Gretz to LA and STL, and oddly Lebron to Miami.

I just wished the Browns Idenity would have went with them to Baltimore and started a riot.

Lets just say I'm 23, but I do love me some heartbreak.

-I don't have a dog in the fight but you weren't alive for the Superbowls

Doesn't mean I'm still not proud of that and the only Perfect Season. ;). I gotta take pride in something-lol.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Well put.

If there was a like button, you'd get a thumbs-up.

likebutton.jpg+1

likebutton.jpg+2

Brown, Feller, Kozar, Sipe, Hillis, McCoy, Sizemore...real Cleveland stars they play with their heart, play for the team, play for the city. You'd never see them give up...

Didn't Jim Brown leave to be an actor, Kozar come from UM, Hillis come from Denver in a trade, McCoy from texas? Not throwing fuel onto your fire, but just saying.

The only Cleveland Brown who in my opinion WAS a Brown was Brady Quinn, because he grew up cheering for them and in their backyard. I was sad to see HIM go to Denver, out of any of the moves this winter. I felt if given a full season, he'd be one of the top 15 qB's and a Cleveland Icon in the Mold of a younger "He should not be named".

Didn't Jim Brown leave to be an actor, Kozar come from UM, Hillis come from Denver in a trade, McCoy from texas? Not throwing fuel onto your fire, but just saying.

The only Cleveland Brown who in my opinion WAS a Brown was Brady Quinn, because he grew up cheering for them and in their backyard. I was sad to see HIM go to Denver, out of any of the moves this winter. I felt if given a full season, he'd be one of the top 15 qB's and a Cleveland Icon in the Mold of a younger "He should not be named".

Kosar may have gone to Miami but he was born and raised in the Youngstown area and even stated before the 1985 Draft that he wanted to play for the Browns. Quinn, while being a Browns fan as a kid, didn't exactly grow up in the Browns' "backyard" either; he's from Dublin, a suburb of Columbus whose pro alliances are virtually split 50/50 between Browns and Bengals fans.

Athletes who grew up as Cleveland fans and in the local area don't always make the best Cleveland players, either. Charlie Frye, anyone?

It's been said time and time again but what drew the ire of Cleveland fans (myself included) was the self-aggrandizing way LeBron turned a rudimentary free agency decision into a national spectacle. We all bought into it because we thought there was no way anyone could be that self-centered that they could go in front of millions of people and basically tell the team he played for and the area and state he called home to go :censored: themselves. For most of us, the shock has passed and now we'd just prefer to never hear about him again.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Alright guys, i'm not a huge basketball fan, nor am i from Cleveland or Miami. With that being said, isn't it a big coincidence that LeBron switched to number 6 before he left for Miami, being that Miami is one of the teams, if i'm not mistaken, that has the number 23 retired??? I often wonder if he was aware of this a long time in advance when considering moving to Miami even during the season. I might just come off extremely ridiculous in my thinking, but i just thought i'd share my little "theory".

And also if i was a Cleveland sports fan, i wouldn't worry about losing LeBron, everyone's gonna forget about him soon because of two words....Colt McCoy ;)

Oh, and the logo's mediocre at best, i've come up with better ones while taing notes in my math class.

Alright guys, i'm not a huge basketball fan, nor am i from Cleveland or Miami. With that being said, isn't it a big coincidence that LeBron switched to number 6 before he left for Miami, being that Miami is one of the teams, if i'm not mistaken, that has the number 23 retired??? I often wonder if he was aware of this a long time in advance when considering moving to Miami even during the season. I might just come off extremely ridiculous in my thinking, but i just thought i'd share my little "theory".

And also if i was a Cleveland sports fan, i wouldn't worry about losing LeBron, everyone's gonna forget about him soon because of two words....Colt McCoy ;)

Oh, and the logo's mediocre at best, i've come up with better ones while taing notes in my math class.

To add to your paranoia, he actually did take number 6 after talking to Pat Riley.

As far as I can tell, Michael Jordan invited Lebron to a dinner in South Beach when the Cav's played the Heat last year. According to the tale, Jordan invited Pat Riley and they discussed being the face of basketball and being an Icon of sports and what it means to people. The point was to show Lebron that he needed to grow up and become a role model for young fans and the NEXT generation, like Jordan once. Riley's role in this was to point out why Jordans number was retired in Heat history, even though he was never a member of the Heat. Pretty much he was there to repeat the speech he gave in 2001 when he retired the number infront of the Wizards and Jordan. His purpose was without the intentions of getting him to change numbers, just to recognize Jordans impact.

So moved by the subject, he decided that night he will from now on wear his team USA number as a fresh start. He stated he was not to be recognized in the same breath as a legend and a pioneer in the sport. He also asked others to consider the change.

Pretty much, it was a grow up speech and he took it to heart. I say he went further.

I read the story in a ESPN article. I believe it's the basis of Gilberts claim of tampering. The reason why the NBA did not do anything was due to the fact that Riley was invited by Jordan, and did not know of the meeting with Lebron. Otherwise, Jordan and Riley would have been suspended. It was a marketing meeting according to reports. Nike Rep with Nike Rep with public speaker/motivator.

ONE MAJOR NOTE, and a big note. NBA forces players who wish to change jersey numbers to file the paperwork by a certain date in Jan or March. Thats ONLY if the player remains with the same team. In order to wear 6 in Cleveland, he would have to file the paperwork. He did file the papers, showing atleast that he had not yet decided where to play. Ofcourse, some Lebron haters would rather you believe he always intended on leaving. I feel that proves otherwise. That report I believe was on Uniwatch.

EDIT

I found these links: I haven't read them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4958324

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/lebron_james_files_application.html

If i were lebron i would be damn happy to leave with some fans burning jerseys and dan gilbert saying what he did he should be glad he left. any owner and or fans who would turn on someone over such a trivial matter (in the grand scheme of things)are really people who will only bring lebron down, and finally it looks like he made a good choice GO HEAT!!! (my new #2 team as of the decision) (bow)

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I love coming to a forum where people have extreme reactions to logo/jersey designs and being reminded "it's a business and if you have any personal reaction to any of the business decisions you have no life."

It's sports. People enjoy it and see it as a fun way to watch their city represented. It's a hobby to follow because of the hopeful, inspirational, jaw-dropping, and nail-biting moments it gives us. This is just another piece of drama. Why not share opinions and have some fun with it?

Nobody has a real personal vendetta that they will carry out and murder the guy, but they have a right to hate him as much as he had a right to leave.

So, if you hate Cleveland fans for being angry, :censored: off. And if you hate Miami fans because they have, for the most part, been dicks that didn't deserve (and continue to prove their unworthiness) what they've been given, big whoop. That's my opinion, you don't have to like it. But if you wanna debate about it, I'm not gonna call it a waste of time and say you have no life. It's fun.

Don't come to a logo forum and tell people to stop discussing/having strong opinions on a juicy piece of sports drama.

Speaking of opinions, I think KCchiefsfan is an idiot.

The city was 100% behind the guy for 7 years, he turned on them with the Decision. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. What were the fans supposed to do? Thank the guy for ditching them?

I love coming to a forum where people have extreme reactions to logo/jersey designs and being reminded "it's a business and if you have any personal reaction to any of the business decisions you have no life."

It's sports. People enjoy it and see it as a fun way to watch their city represented. It's a hobby to follow because of the hopeful, inspirational, jaw-dropping, and nail-biting moments it gives us. This is just another piece of drama. Why not share opinions and have some fun with it?

Nobody has a real personal vendetta that they will carry out and murder the guy, but they have a right to hate him as much as he had a right to leave.

So, if you hate Cleveland fans for being angry, :censored: off. And if you hate Miami fans because they have, for the most part, been dicks that didn't deserve (and continue to prove their unworthiness) what they've been given, big whoop. That's my opinion, you don't have to like it. But if you wanna debate about it, I'm not gonna call it a waste of time and say you have no life. It's fun.

Don't come to a logo forum and tell people to stop discussing/having strong opinions on a juicy piece of sports drama.

The city was 100% behind the guy for 7 years, he turned on them with the Decision. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. What were the fans supposed to do? Thank the guy for ditching them?

Exactly. I don't understand the holier-than-thou attitude that comes from those who keep telling Cleveland how to think (and I hated the Lebron-era Cavs, I sort of had to). This is a :censored:ing website for people who are very interested in sports logos and sports. That's what we're going to talk about, if you don't like it leave, or just don't interfere with those who want to discuss something. I think a huge portion of excitement in sports is off-the court drama. Not just analysis of box scores. If people who post on a site like this aren't going to discuss everything about sports (drama included), then why would we even be here?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Exactly. I don't understand the holier-than-thou attitude that comes from those who keep telling Cleveland how to think (and I hated the Lebron-era Cavs, I sort of had to). This is a :censored:ing website for people who are very interested in sports logos and sports. That's what we're going to talk about, if you don't like it leave, or just don't interfere with those who want to discuss something. I think a huge portion of excitement in sports is off-the court drama. Not just analysis of box scores. If people who post on a site like this aren't going to discuss everything about sports (drama included), then why would we even be here?

Realize that the OP acted like a stereotypical angry Cleveland fan when bringing the topic up.

It's not like someone was like "Hey here's a new James logo" and everyone else went "DAMN CLEVELAND FANS!"

It was more like "Surpised that Scottie Pippen's.... err, LeBron James' new logo hasnt been mentioned" and everyone else went "give it a rest Cleveland."

Fact is that people are only jumping on Cleveland fans because they insist on spreading their "woo is us/Cleveland is special" crap into every thread that concerns Cleveland. Someone a few months ago went on about how special the relationship between the Browns and the city is, and that no outsider could understand it, during a conversation on which Browns alternate logo would make the best primary mark.

It's nonsensical, baseless, and incredibly self-centred, and people have had enough of it.

Realize that the OP acted like a stereotypical angry Cleveland fan when bringing the topic up.

It's not like someone was like "Hey here's a new James logo" and everyone else went "DAMN CLEVELAND FANS!"

It was more like "Surpised that Scottie Pippen's.... err, LeBron James' new logo hasnt been mentioned" and everyone else went "give it a rest Cleveland."

Fact is that people are only jumping on Cleveland fans because they insist on spreading their "woo is us/Cleveland is special" crap into every thread that concerns Cleveland. Someone a few months ago went on about how special the relationship between the Browns and the city is, and that no outsider could understand it, during a conversation on which Browns alternate logo would make the best primary mark.

It's nonsensical, baseless, and incredibly self-centred, and people have had enough of it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't know many Cleveland sports fans in real life, and I haven't really been keeping track of (or noticing) Cleveland fans acting like that. I've seen them upset at the way Lebron left, and that's about it.

If anything, based on both people I've met in real life and on this site, the most annoying sports fans come from cities that are used to winning long-term, like LA/NYC/BOS. I would rather put up with an average Cleveland fan bitching about Lebron than an average fan from one of those cities.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Exactly. You should only come to a logo forum to discuss sports. Not logos, or graphic design, or art, or marketing. Sports.

Sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow that hurts so bad, I am idiot because the overall reaction of Cleveland (the cry me a river city) was absolutely ridiculous. I've heard cleveland fans bitch and moan about this for so long and it is always something o the browns left ooh lebron left, just get over it there is a reason that no team or player thrives in Cleveland and this is it, as soon as everyone leaves they get better just like the ravens. As far as the #2 team thing goes well I am a nuggets fan and that isn't changing but anyone who shoves it up the asses of fans like you is good in my book. So elsephen your comment is irrelevant. As far as other cleveland fans go (in this forum) you have brains, but akronite and many other fans are incapable of seprating what is important and what isn't, it's okay to be angry but give me a damn break maybe Dan Gilbert should have surrounded lebron with NBA players not D league players

Hey... some of us in Cleveland cry a river... but we are sure to set that river on fire. Show some respect.

Like i said not all of you are morons, you and ruffdog actually see this as what it is and if i were from cleveland i would be mad and passionate too but many such as akronite take this stuff waayy too far.

Archived