Gruden to The U?

TBGKon

Looks like ESPN MNF's analyst Jon Gruden could be The University of Miami's next head coach...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Gruden-to-leave-ESPN-and-coach-at-Miami.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I've always thought he'd be a better college head coach rather than in the pros.

*sigh* Miami going from the overly-nice guy Randy Shannon, to the overly-self professed guru of QB's... do the names Lane Kiffin and Rick Neuheisel ring a bell. If Miami wants to get to the next level, stay as far away from Gruden as possible. They'd do better hiring Lou Holtz than Gruden.

Wow. Definitely didn't see that one coming, if true.

If he does go down there, one thing will be for certain, and oddball just alluded to it: the Hurricanes may well end up with about sixteen quarterbacks on their roster.

(Also, how's Chucky's love of veterans going to mesh with a bunch of kids???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gruden isn't going to take a college gig when there will be quite a few NFL gigs to choose from. It's just rumor mill BS to give the talking heads something to shriek about.

So the talking heads would be Gruden talking about himself?

Gruden isn't going to take a college gig when there will be quite a few NFL gigs to choose from. It's just rumor mill BS to give the talking heads something to shriek about.

So the talking heads would be Gruden talking about himself?

Does Gruden do the idiotic ESPN talk shows or a sports radio show? And for the record, Gruden is a color analyst. It's not exactly the same thing.

BB52Big.jpg

So Jon Gruden's QB camp before the draft wasn't about him and his coaching ability? Jon Gruden talks about himself in subtle ways. Grant you he's not Joe Morgan, but if you listen to him enough, it becomes the Jon Gruden show. That's what Monday Night Football is, Jon Gruden's way of showing that he's a good coach by talking about football and trying to prove to a foolish person out there to hire him for a head coaching job. Why did he take the Monday Night Football job over a studio analyst role? Simple. He gets 3 hours of air time plus the lead in and post game, plus whatever other little segment they have for Monday Night Football. Jon Gruden doesn't care about anything but Jon Gruden and how he can get his name out there in the spotlight. He's a Brett Favre light, which is interesting because without Brett Favre, where would Jon Gruden really be?

So Jon Gruden's QB camp before the draft wasn't about him and his coaching ability? Jon Gruden talks about himself in subtle ways. Grant you he's not Joe Morgan, but if you listen to him enough, it becomes the Jon Gruden show. That's what Monday Night Football is, Jon Gruden's way of showing that he's a good coach by talking about football and trying to prove to a foolish person out there to hire him for a head coaching job. Why did he take the Monday Night Football job over a studio analyst role? Simple. He gets 3 hours of air time plus the lead in and post game, plus whatever other little segment they have for Monday Night Football. Jon Gruden doesn't care about anything but Jon Gruden and how he can get his name out there in the spotlight. He's a Brett Favre light, which is interesting because without Brett Favre, where would Jon Gruden really be?

You were serious?

BB52Big.jpg

Why in hell would Gruden take a college gig when he can get twice as much cash in the NFL and not have to deal with recruiting, an eroding program with an apathetic fanbase, a terrible athletic department, and 17,000 pages of NCAA regulations?

Even if it's announced that Gruden takes the job, I still won't believe it. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Personally, I'd rather Chucky stay on TV. He has a way of explaining things that makes it easier for common folk--okay, me--to understand, which I can appreciate. And plus...he doesn't need to be wrecking any more NFL rosters (which he has a penchant for doing).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks like ESPN MNF's analyst Jon Gruden could be The University of Miami's next head coach...

I've always thought he'd be a better college head coach rather than in the pros.

I don't like the guy, but he won a freaking Super Bowl. And if we say that he did it with Tony Dungy's players, then Gruden gets some measure of credit for the Oakland Raider team that he played in that game.

In eleven seasons, he won his division five times. His career totals aren't spectacular, but he has a winning record, and with two franchises which have been very very bad before and after he left.

Hall of Famer? No. But hardly a slouch. If he would be a better college coach, his school should be in the BCS every year.

Archived