NFL section - MASSIVE update

SDFanBoy619

Artifacting.

The Vikings' helmet logo has been used as a standalone logo plenty of times. I don't know why you're so opposed to it. If you're not willing to put it up, I'm sure one of the other posters with mothership access is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What white dots?

I only circled one area but it's all over the navy and silver part of the logo.

patsr.jpg

It must be something wrong with your monitor or graphics card then because it doesn't look like you circled anything. Those graphics are vector art saved as a GIF. There would be no cause for white dots.

The Vikings' helmet logo has been used as a standalone logo plenty of times. I don't know why you're so opposed to it.

If you can provide visual evidence; either as a photo, web link or a scan of a legitimate example of the Minnesota Vikings using JUST the horns as a stand-alone logo anywhere in web or print? I would be more than happy to put them up as a logo on the Vikings page. Keep in mind that the buttons created as TV graphics by the networks do not count, as many times their graphics departments would just put what was on the helmets in these "buttons".

It'd be nice to have them on the main page as a resource. I've actually tried to find both the Eagles and Vikings logos in the past only to have to rip them off of the 3/4 view helmet and my project that I was working on didn't look quite right. Who cares if they never actually used the logo, it's obvious where it's from. Title it "helmet decal" and you're done.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What white dots?

patsr.jpg

It must be something wrong with your monitor or graphics card then because it doesn't look like you circled anything. Those graphics are vector art saved as a GIF. There would be no cause for white dots.

The white dots are showing up on my computer too. It's a microscopic trail and almost unnoticeable...but they're there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What white dots?

patsr.jpg

Weird. This is the only logo that does it, everything else is fine.

Keep in mind that the buttons created as TV graphics by the networks do not count

"The means by which millions of people see sports logos every week don't count"

I have a question regarding other helmet logos that aren't featured on the site. I'll use the Chiefs as an example. On the left side of their helmet the arrowhead is facing the opposite way but the "KC" is obviously still facing the same way. Is this not considered an official logo? The Ravens also fall into the category of having the logo reversed with text in it remaining the same.

I can understand not having the Bills, Cards, Falcons etc... left-side helmet logos because they are simply just mirror images of the primary. But the Chiefs and Ravens actually use different logos.

Maybe we could have a "helmet logos" section to include the Eagles wing, Vikings horn, and perhaps the ones I mentioned?

the way i see it, the horns and wings are helmet logos, which makes them logos.

they may not be the primary logo, but they're part of the logo package of the team. to not include them as stand-alone graphics would be idiotic. aren't we going for the most complete resource possible?

they may not be the primary logo, but they're part of the logo package of the team. to not include them as stand-alone graphics would be idiotic. aren't we going for the most complete resource possible?

I look at this website (the NFL section included) as a place for historical accuracy. That means a viewer can enter a section or team page and know that every logo they see is official from a historical standpoint. If I were to include every unofficial variation I can think of (or is suggested to me), the lines between what the team actually put out there and randomness would be blurred. Where do I draw the line? Do I include fan created logos too? So in an effort to keep the pages accurate and uncluttered, I am only including logos that are official.

You will be able to get your helmet logos as you see above, but they will be ON helmets. This a time-consuming process, but eventually all 32 teams will feature the side-view helmets like the Chargers, Bills, Raiders, Broncos and Patriots currently have. It's just going to be a while before I get to the NFC. So please be patient.

I look at this website (the NFL section included) as a place for historical accuracy. That means a viewer can enter a section or team page and know that every logo they see is official from a historical standpoint. If I were to include every unofficial variation I can think of (or is suggested to me), the lines between what the team actually put out there and randomness would be blurred. Where do I draw the line? Do I include fan created logos too? So in an effort to keep the pages accurate and uncluttered, I am only including logos that are official.

You will be able to get your helmet logos as you see above, but they will be ON helmets. This a time-consuming process, but eventually all 32 teams will feature the side-view helmets like the Chargers, Bills, Raiders, Broncos and Patriots currently have. It's just going to be a while before I get to the NFC. So please be patient.

To interject for a moment... there are a lot of logos that we include on the site that are not or never were a part of any official logo stylesheet; memorial logos, unused logos, charity events, jersey retirement logos, etc. etc. but we do include them -- if the team has used the logo in some sort of official capacity then I'd consider it to be worthy of inclusion on the page; and this includes logos worn on football helmets - it's on the uniform, it gets on the site, with helmet or without helmet or preferably both versions.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What white dots?

patsr.jpg

Weird. This is the only logo that does it, everything else is fine.

Looks like it's all over the logo. Probably someone tried a fill tool on old Photoshop and didn't quite get every pixel.

As for the helmet logos, I say they could go in the alternate logo section.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Pardon me, but something about this whole arrangement is kind of offputting. While I respect the effort, and I generally hate that old-line message board "hey 20 posts, shut up" approach, it doesn't look very good to have someone swagger in and say he's doing things his way and that's final.

To interject for a moment... there are a lot of logos that we include on the site that are not or never were a part of any official logo stylesheet; memorial logos, unused logos, charity events, jersey retirement logos, etc. etc. but we do include them -- if the team has used the logo in some sort of official capacity then I'd consider it to be worthy of inclusion on the page; and this includes logos worn on football helmets - it's on the uniform, it gets on the site, with helmet or without helmet or preferably both versions.

I didn't mean to start a flame war. :blink:

Hehe, but seriously. This situation ironically only really applies to a scant few teams, mainly because most of the teams' helmet logos ARE their primaries. Teams like the Browns, Rams and Bengals don't apply obviously which means the only logos this is an issue for are the Eagles and Vikings. When I get to their respective pages, their helmet logos will be posted in their respective "Alternate Logos" sections.

Case closed.

"case closed"? :rolleyes:

Pardon me, but something about this whole arrangement is kind of offputting. While I respect the effort, and I generally hate that old-line message board "hey 20 posts, shut up" approach, it doesn't look very good to have someone swagger in and say he's doing things his way and that's final.

Looks like you're right - much better for him to say "I was wrong, we'll do it the way you want, and that's final.". ;)

Archived