NFL section - MASSIVE update

SDFanBoy619

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logo needs to be added to the site, as it is an official secondary logo for the Falcons.

atllogo.png

E-mail it to me. eriebeachboy@aol.com - I'll put it up. Vector if you have it, Illustrator CS2 ideally.

I have a vector in .svg on Inkscape if that would help.

Did you create the logo? I would prefer the file in a more standard vecto rformat like AI, EPS or PDF. I am not sure I can even open a SVG.

How about the old Miami Dolphins script? They have a grainy one-color version in the database now, but in reality it was aqua on white, with an orange shadow. You can see it in the end zone in this clip (at about 2:30).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5iUr8rCaA

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This logo needs to be added to the site, as it is an official secondary logo for the Falcons.

E-mail it to me. eriebeachboy@aol.com - I'll put it up. Vector if you have it, Illustrator CS2 ideally.

I have a vector in .svg on Inkscape if that would help.

Did you create the logo? I would prefer the file in a more standard vecto rformat like AI, EPS or PDF. I am not sure I can even open a SVG.

If you are using Illustrator CS2 then you can open SVG. It is just an open source vector format. As a side not, although that logo was used on some merchandise, it was never included in any official styleguides. The same thing goes for this patriots logo....

NELogo-1.png

Is that a Z-Line logo or something? I vaguely remember them making city monogram logos out of team wordmarks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Patriots' logo was created by Nike, right before Reebok got their exclusive deal.

Nike made alternate logos for all teams. This was the Packers' version:

!B+O7,m!!mk~$(KGrHqR,!g4EzeFzI(rQBM+!H4rr-g~~0_12.JPG

When Reebok took over, they kept using the Nike-designed logos on merchandise for at least a couple years.

Im not sure if these are valid, but I don't see them on here so may as well put them on

ArizonaCardinals4a.gif

ArizonaCardinals4.gif

If we ever make that general FAQ/We've gone over this a thousand times before/you should know this already thread (featuring the Buccaneers not changing fonts etc.), we really need to include this logo with the legend. "This is a design by one of the board's members. It never was and never will be an official logo of the Cardinals, nor was it under consideration. It went viral a long time ago and we apologize for this."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If we ever make that general FAQ/We've gone over this a thousand times before/you should know this already thread (featuring the Buccaneers not changing fonts etc.), we really need to include this logo with the legend. "This is a design by one of the board's members. It never was and never will be an official logo of the Cardinals, nor was it under consideration. It went viral a long time ago and we apologize for this."

Yeah, that's one of the things that has crossed my mind in the last 2 weeks since I took on the task of revamping the NFL section. Including "unused" and "proposed" logos is neat and all, but there is really no precedent as to what should be included. I mean, technically any random fan could have come up with a design, and if an NFL team never used it? It is technically "unused". But where do I draw the line, you know? I have seen logos that looked pretty amateurish and never had a chance of being adopted, but because it came from someone who "worked for a Nike design team" it automatically carries more weight than an equally bad design that some fan cranked out at home? It's a slippery slope, but hopefully my good judgement will prevail when those decisions have to be made. ;)

I think unused/proposed logos that were introduced or leaked at some point would be in play. For example, the 49ers and Dolphins both unveiled new helmet designs which ultimately went unused. The Patriots' proposed logo that you graciously shared was shot down during a game, so it's officially part of the team's visual history. It shouldn't be that hard to draw the line between concepts that were "in the system" and concepts that weren't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think unused/proposed logos that were introduced or leaked at some point would be in play. For example, the 49ers and Dolphins both unveiled new helmet designs which ultimately went unused. The Patriots' proposed logo that you graciously shared was shot down during a game, so it's officially part of the team's visual history. It shouldn't be that hard to draw the line between concepts that were "in the system" and concepts that weren't.

Agreed. If the team ever adopted it, it should be included. Even if they laterchanged their mind.

Wait - Dolphins? Unveiled a new helmet?

Archived