NFL section - MASSIVE update

SDFanBoy619

Some of you may already be noticing some changes in the NFL logos section. Chris has allowed me to take over the section in an effort to clean up, accurize and revamp the category. Seeing as the NFL is the most popular sport in the United States, it was a long time coming!

I am a professional graphic designer and die-hard football fan. I currently live and grew up in San Diego, so I have started with the original AFL teams because they are who I know best. The helmets, script and primary logos are all being gone through thoroughly for accuracy. Crappy, pixelated logos are being replaced with crisp, new vector versions where applicable. I am replacing the 3-D computer generated helmets with much-clearer, vector-based side-view versions. Older ones will also FINALLY be featured on older style Riddell helmets with 2-bar facemasks!

The memorial and most miscellaneous logos will be dropped, but stadium and anniversary logos will be cleaned up and redone where necessary.

Once I finish the original AFL teams, I will go through the entire AFC and then eventually the NFC. I will then go through the past teams (including many that aren't even on the website yet) and that should do it. This is a LOT of work obviously but I hope that within a year we will finally have a NFL section up-to-par and worthy of the website, much like Chris has done with the massive Hockey section. My screenname is "SDFanBoy619" so you'll see me post commentary too from time to time.

-- Steve Cramsie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with dropping logos. If possible why not just relegate them to a hidden directory on each page. Like a "If you want to see Memorial logos" you must click this link type thing. Some of them are fun to look for.

The only ones I am deleting are the memorial black circles with the players number in them (because they are too numerous and all look the same) and things like the Community Quarterback logos that are all identical for all the teams. Trust me, I wouldn't remove a category from a team unless I thought it was redundant or took away from the logos that matter.

I'd leave the memorials. As much as they may look alike, it's good to include these as part of the teams' histories. This way, someone might come across a random picture and say "what was the #91 sticker for", and it will be easy to provide and answer for them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'd leave the memorials. As much as they may look alike, it's good to include these as part of the teams' histories. This way, someone might come across a random picture and say "what was the #91 sticker for", and it will be easy to provide and answer for them.

I agree with this comment. In fact, I'd say that, as a general rule, anything that was game-worn (on a jersey, helmet, cap, etc) should have a place on the website. Personal opinion, of course, but it makes sense that SportsLogos.net would be a repository for all of the sports logos. Community Quarterback ones can probably go, I agree there, but I think memorial logos should stay.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The community quarterback ones are kind of useless, but keep the memorial logos. The Bears' "GSH" is technically a memorial logo, and dropping that would be silly.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

IS THIS THE PATRIOTS LOGO THAT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT

THE ONE THAT WAS BOOED ON THE FIELD

YOU'VE FOUND THE RAREST GEM

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All the updates so far have been top notch. Well done. I only have one request. Could we get a cleaner version of this logo?

Keep up the great work.

Kind of wish they went with that, actually. It's by far a better logo then the sub-par drawing that is Pat the Patriot, and it's more substantial a logo then the Flying Elvis.

The community quarterback ones are kind of useless, but keep the memorial logos. The Bears' "GSH" is technically a memorial logo, and dropping that would be silly.

I never saw that logo before

I never saw that logo before

My dad was at the game they unveiled that.

Archived