How long do "Legends" and "Leaders" last?

pianoknight

I think that the BigTen will get enough flack that they may consider revising these names before the season even starts. I honestly just can't believe that the athletic directors and presidents of these 12 fine institutions would honestly be okay with these names.

If they don't get changed before the season, then I say that they'll last for a year or two until the next round of expansions occurs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they wouldve just flip flopped Michigan State and Wisconsin it could be East and West.

East: Ohio State, Penn State, Illinois , Indiana , Michigan State, and Purdue.

West: Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota , Northwestern , Michigan, and Wisconsin.

If they wouldve just flip flopped Michigan State and Wisconsin it could be East and West.

And Illinois and Michigan.....

What a clusterf-ck this realignment has become -- all because they gotta have that Ohio State-Michigan conference title game.. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Michigan is further east than Michigan State, and considerably further east than Illinois and Indiana.

Michigan is further east than Michigan State.

Well then use flip flop Michigan and Wisconsin.

And Illinois and Michigan.....

What a clusterf-ck this realignment has become -- all because they gotta have that Ohio State-Michigan conference title game.. <_<

As a Big Ten fans that doesn't like either team, I'm still OK with that. I think the alignment is fair.

Division name suggestions:

Big and Ten

Ying and Yang

Campbell and Wales

Hall and Oates

Phineas and Ferb

Tom and Jerry

Bugs and Daffy

Beavis and Butthead

All of these, and I'm not being sarcastic, are better then Leaders and Legends.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Big and Ten

Ying and Yang

Campbell and Wales

Hall and Oates

Phineas and Ferb

Tom and Jerry

Bugs and Daffy

Beavis and Butthead

You forgot Abbott and Costello.

Apropos...because the current division names certainly are laughable.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Big and Ten

Ying and Yang

Campbell and Wales

Hall and Oates

Phineas and Ferb

Tom and Jerry

Bugs and Daffy

Beavis and Butthead

You forgot Abbott and Costello.

Apropos...because the current division names certainly are laughable.

In fact I do have more:

Beauty and Beast

Mutt and Jeff

Montague and Capulet

Boxers and Briefs

AFC and NFC

Rebel and Imperial

Shrek and Donkey

Mac and PC

Coke and Pepsi

Democrat and Republican

EA and 2K

Nike and Adidas

They'll probably stay and people will deal with them.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

It bears reiterating since thinking outside of the East/West box is like pulling teeth in the American alignment landscape, but the current division alignment is a Wisconsin/Northwestern flip away from being a perfect North/South split.

As it is, with the current alignment I still think that North and South would be perfectly fine and accurate Division names.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They have opportunity for a perfect East/West split, but they didn't do it. Personally, I think it's more appealing to have Ohio State and Michigan battle for a spot in the championship game rather than repeat the game two weeks in a row.

WEST

Nebraska (Crossover each year with Penn State)

Iowa (Crossover each year with Purdue)

Minnesota (Crossover each year with Michigan)

Wisconsin (Crossover each year with Michigan State)

Northwestern (Crossover each year with Indiana)

Illinois (Crossover each year with Ohio State)

EAST

Purdue (Crossover each year with Iowa)

Indiana (Crossover each year with Northwestern)

Michigan State (Crossover each year with Wisconsin)

Michigan (Crossover each year with Minnesota)

Ohio State (Crossover each year with Illinois)

Penn State (Crossover each year with Nebraska)

1. Guarantees all but two rivalries each season (Illinois/Purdue & Minnesota/Penn State).

2. Strength of each division seems pretty even.

3a. Hold the championship game centrally, rotating between Lucas Oil Stadium (East) and Soldier Field (West)...

3b. Or be unique and make it a home game for the higher-ranked team.

4. It only took me ten minutes to think of the whole thing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Considering how much people think there's an Ohio State/Michigan hard-on in the Big Ten, i'm surprised no one has thought of doing Schembechler Division & Hays Division...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

They have opportunity for a perfect East/West split, but they didn't do it. Personally, I think it's more appealing to have Ohio State and Michigan battle for a spot in the championship game rather than repeat the game two weeks in a row.

WEST

Nebraska (Crossover each year with Penn State)

Iowa (Crossover each year with Purdue)

Minnesota (Crossover each year with Michigan)

Wisconsin (Crossover each year with Michigan State)

Northwestern (Crossover each year with Indiana)

Illinois (Crossover each year with Ohio State)

EAST

Purdue (Crossover each year with Iowa)

Indiana (Crossover each year with Northwestern)

Michigan State (Crossover each year with Wisconsin)

Michigan (Crossover each year with Minnesota)

Ohio State (Crossover each year with Illinois)

Penn State (Crossover each year with Nebraska)

1. Guarantees all but two rivalries each season (Illinois/Purdue & Minnesota/Penn State).

2. Strength of each division seems pretty even.

3a. Hold the championship game centrally, rotating between Lucas Oil Stadium (East) and Soldier Field (West)...

3b. Or be unique and make it a home game for the higher-ranked team.

4. It only took me ten minutes to think of the whole thing.

You want to know why the Big Ten didn't go for that? The East Division is incredibly top heavy, with the West Division being a relative sisters of the poor. It's like the old Big XII Conference, only worse. (It also ramps up the chances of some mutually assured destruction fratricide dicking the Conference out of an at large BCS bid or a BCS championship shot.) Also, Indiana at least would like to at least pretend they can aspire to a better bowl than the Pizza Bowl, or possibly be able to aspire for a bowl without scheduling 4 baby seals to club annually out of Conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Considering how much people think there's an Ohio State/Michigan hard-on in the Big Ten, i'm surprised no one has thought of doing Schembechler Division & Hays Division...

Because that just opens the door to dumbass Hoosiers screaming THEN WHY AREN'T WE IN THE BOBBY KNIGHT DIVISION WHY GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US THIS WAY

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived