NFL Rivalry Week

Bmac

I put together this idea about a month or two ago, I am just now ready to post it here. It is an idea of NFL Rivalry Week, a week during the season in which every match-up features divisional rivalries with each team wearing special uniforms. They will all be the Nike Pro Combat cut. I have all of the games put together already, so please don't suggest any rivalries.

Dolphins @ Bills

This isn't a huge rivalry, but the Patriots and Jets is, leaving these 2 division rivals together. Miami's uniform is a modern twist to their traditional all-white unis. The helmet is inspired by the helmet worn by the dolphin in their primary logo. An aqua/coral/aqua design is used throughout, on the sleeves there is one more set, giving the sleeves a traditional look. Many uniforms will have numbers on the undershirts, the Dolphins' are in sunbursts. The Bills go with a solid navy look, something different than their regular royal blue throwbacks. The buffalo logo is under-emphasized throughout the uniform, similar to Boise State's bronco logo on their NPCs.

DolphinsRivalryUniform.png

BillsRivalryUniform1.png

The Dolphins look is phenomenal. Really has that modern classic look about it (similar in the same sense as the 49ers). I would switch the number color to teal outlined in orange as that's what they've usually worn, however. Great concept for the Fins, all white has always been my favorite look for them!

The Bills set is another beast that is an improvement on their currents, but I think could do with a clean up. Right now it's very dark, and that helmet logo looks like it's trying to hide away like those Mizzou pro combats last year. I'd make the pants or helmet different colors (such as a white or red helmet and some white pants) to add some contrast. Right now it's just very, very dark and the most prominent feature is the number.

I'd switch the location of the TV numbers and sleeve stripes. Typically, the stripes are underneath the numbers. That's one of the reasons why I'm not all that fond of the style of Oregon's Natl title game unis.

That said, I LOVE the Bills' nickel-colored cleats. Be. You. Tay. Full.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I like both designs, and your Bills set looks a lot better with the white helmet and pants.

Two things though. One, I agree with Chawls on the stripe/number placement. Two, I would replace the team logos at the base of the collar with the Equipment NFL logo.

Can't wait to see Bears-Packers!

The Bill on version 2's helmet has a red stripe, but every other time a bill appears on either v1 or v2, it has a blue stripe. Personally, I think that a white outline doesn't make the bill appear at all, and that it should be altered color wise.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

In the original design, the Bills logo was meant to blend in with the uniform, not easily seen. Not as much as this next team though.

Steelers @ Ravens

The Steelers' jerseys are...steel. It is a traditional look with modern elements, such as the number font and pattern on the undershirts and socks. The Ravens go for the look of a raven. Dark uniforms, purple is not easily visible. Much like the real bird.

SteelersRivalryUniform.png

RavensRivalryUniform.png

Nike doesn't use/emphasize flywire on the shoulders anymore, so I'd put the TV numbers there instead of on the sleeves.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

i think that the steelers are cool, but the ravens is again just too dark. and you wouldn't see dark grey and black vs. black and black

+1

i actually love the steelers design. the ravens need some kind of bright element on the uniform though for contrast.

sig2024.png

I don't mean to be rude, but I hate these. All of these are a huge downgrade, IMO. Well, I guess the Steelers and Dolphins are OK, but I'm still not a fan. Nonetheless, I will be following this to see Bears-Packers.

Downgrade from what? They don't have Pro Combat uniforms yet. Obviously they are going to be different from their regular uniforms, that's kind of the idea.

I know the Browns haven't played well since they have been back... but its still the Browns Steelers...

Maybe to Browns fans, but that rivalry has been eclipsed.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Archived