NHL Guardian Project

nash61

Anyone else think Stan shat all of these out during one of his Sunday morning constitutionals? These are goddamned turrble.

Agreed. It is sad to see one of the founding figures of the American comic-book industry reduced to making cameos in Marvel Studios motion pictures and churning out pathetic dreck like this.

God! These almost make Stripperella seem inspired.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who are these guys suppose to be fighting?

The evil Emperor Stern?

I was gonna go with the LebronJamesMonster

The Florida Panther will be the most irrelevant hero... until he tells the other 29 where the LebronJamesMonster's secret hideout in Miami is

The Panther will get his a$$ handed to him, but will still receive a ticker-tape parade.

Anyone else think Stan shat all of these out during one of his Sunday morning constitutionals? These are goddamned turrble.

Agreed. It is sad to see one of the founding figures of the American comic-book industry reduced to making cameos in Marvel Studios motion pictures and churning out pathetic dreck like this.

You should see what he's doing on the other side of the Pacific.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The evil Emperor Stern?

"Can they save us"... from Gary Bettman?

"Find out All-Star Weekend!"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The evil Emperor Stern?

I was gonna go with the LebronJamesMonster

The Florida Panther will be the most irrelevant hero... until he tells the other 29 where the LebronJamesMonster's secret hideout in Miami is

The Panther will get his a$$ handed to him, but will still receive a ticker-tape parade.

Celebrate good times, come on!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

^^^ No, not that one (I don't think at least). The one I'm talking about was a comic book about a WWII-era hero, I think he may have been a former pilot or soldier or something. I don't know whether it was DC or Marvel or neither, but there was some hero like that named Johnny Canuck, I'm almost certain.

EDIT: I found this, the comic book version is the one I mean:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Canuck?wasRedirected=true

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

At least these are Stan Lee, though. If Dan DiDio had his way, there'd be 15 Guardians' girlfriends chopped to bits and left in the fridge for them to find or 15 Guardians' significant others raped by Dr. Light.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

JAN 5- The Sabre

168105_173710896000517_156199747751632_346257_4933143_n.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

What the....why does the Sabre manipulate water?? That makes no friggin' sense....maybe it's a Niagara Falls relation? I'm lost on this one...

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Manipulates water in all its forms, from solid, liquid, and gaseous.

I thought The Penguin had the ice powers...

Manipulates water in all its forms, from solid, liquid, and gaseous.

I thought The Penguin had the ice powers...

We're making 30. Some of them may have to share portfolios, lest we get the Wonder Twins.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There really are no words to convey how pathetic this whole project is. It makes me sick. I like super heroes and love hockey, but they shouldn't be mixed. Do any of the other three major sports need this crap? No. Is hockey the fourth of the four? Yeah. So what. Like it was mentioned somewhere else (this thread?), market the players, or market the rivalries and the tradition; not this tripe. I will admit that I'm interested to see what they look like and as lame, twelfth-rate comic book heroes they're fine, but they're yet another embarrassment for league that's getting more and more of a reputation for half-baked gimmicks. Anyway. I can't keep this rant coherent any longer, so I'm gonna go vomit.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived