NHL Guardian Project

nash61

Why is the Devils Gardian a donkey? I'm sorry Jigga, there is no mob reference there. They are a little more threating than a fire-breathing(?) donkey. I'm actually going to pull back my earlier statement about Stan Lee, and ask, "What kind of crack is this man on?" Seriously. I think if the NHL wants to come up with a better Gardian Project, they might want to contact Weta Designs and Peter Jackson. I'm sorry but a fire-breathing donkey - has anyone ever seen a fire-breathing donkey, let alone think one would be cool? - is just not what I would consider to be a creature from the underworld. Peter Jackson/Weta's version of the Balrog yes. Fire-breathing donkey... this is some joke out of Shrek right? Shrek's having a bad nightmare about Donkey putting too much Tabasco on his oats? There is one phrase that fits this perfectly. WHAT THE HELL?!?!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clad to see you've joined the rest of us fat-assed critics, oddball. ;)

I will admit, regardless of how dumb I think this whole project is, I am enjoying seeing what new and wacky ideas are being saved from a watery, post-flushing grave. I'd like to know what "master matter manipulator" actually implies. These are humorously bad. :rolleyes:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

MOD DELETE: Let's focus on the relative merits of the Guardian Project heroes, gentlemen. No need to turn this into a pissing-contest based upon regional stereotyping.

I assume that Paterson was originally a town in the South and it was transplanted to New Jersey.

OK. Go ahead and throw your rotten tomatos at me.

JAN 9- The Wild

165598_174659172572356_156199747751632_351869_2670633_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think it might be me, but with The Wild... I get a rather strong Sabrewulf vibe outta him. Beast like creature with metal claws... The 'celestial incinerators' are different.

Now that I think of it... No one will catch my reference whatsoever.

I think it might be me, but with The Wild... I get a rather strong Sabrewulf vibe outta him. Beast like creature with metal claws... The 'celestial incinerators' are different.

Now that I think of it... No one will catch my reference whatsoever.

Yes, The Wild looks to have a bit of a killer instinct.

LvZYtbZ.png

"Celestial incinerators"

In English- mirrors that he can use to burn stuff with. Not kidding.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

165598_174659172572356_156199747751632_351869_2670633_n.jpg

Take Man-Wolf... put him in one of Simon Williams' Wonder Man costumes... borrow 3-D Man's color scheme. Voila!!! The Wild.

Good Lord... Stan Lee has become the Al Davis of the comics world.

I'm surprised it's not choking the living sh#t out of Norm Green. That said, I hope the "Star" guy is a kind of a cyber-sheriff . I mean, if we're gonna play up the whole western theme, go all out!

newsig.jpg

In the introduction videos on NHL.com for each of these the voice over says they are going to fight a huge villain. Do you all think that it would save the project if the villain was Gary Bettman.

+1

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

JAN 10- The Lightning

168203_174900172548256_156199747751632_352673_5230540_n.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well at least The Lightning's powers relate to the team name.

Also, the team name is the lightning. They could be the San Diego Chargers of hockey. They really should think about throwing some lightning bolts on their uniforms other than just the pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived