NHL Guardian Project

nash61

SharkBoy_Lavagirl3D.jpg

LavaGirl was hot.

Dude, wasn't the actress for that like 12 when that movie came out? :blink:

It was a joke, norva.

Lavagirl...Lava...molten rock...fire...hot...get it?

Nice one, Horatio Caine.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JAN 13- The Bruin

163670_175654692472804_156199747751632_356305_5468664_n.jpg

(note the Original Six badge)

So he's super-intelligent and a massive animal....he's basically Beast without the blue fur. Beast is one of my favorite X-Men, so I kinda like this one because of the similarities.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Precognition =/= Intelligence

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Precognition =/= Intelligence

I read "Intelligence depends on PRErecognition", as in he'd be smart enough to know a solution to a problem before he approached it, a preparedness sort of thing.

I don't know how my eyes saw "depends", but I guess 12 years with a chronic migraine disorder will do that to you eventually :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow, as least the Bruin was slightly better than the Sabre, but this is an absolute trainwreck of a promotional campaign. I would think that the NHL is above this, but I guess not. Although, I might just tune in to laugh at the ridiculous mascots that will be introduced during the game. I wonder what the Red Wing will be, or the Capital (probably a cheap Captain America knockoff).

Aside from the one piece bathing suite I like the Bruin. I would've dressed him differently, but at least he's not loaded up with goofy equipment ala "The Wild".

I don't know whether or not I like the original 6 badge, however.

And I don't understand why this promotion grates on some of you so much. I'm doubtful that non-hockey fans are even paying attention and if they are they are not taking it nearly as seriously as some of you. Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before. It just seems so "Mid-1980's NFL". You know, where The Patriot has soviet seeking missiles and The Redskin, and The Chief are actually portrayed as native americans with some offensively racist super power like being able to command "spirits" or get herds of animals to do whatever they want through mind speak.

I'm enjoying this personally. I can't wait for some of the more lamely nicknamed teams to come out. The Islander, The Maple Leaf, The Duck, The Star, The Blue would never be superhero names if they weren't forced to pick them for this. Though, I would subscribe to a comic titled, "The Senator". There's a lot of cool things they could do with that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't wait for Captain Highliner (aka the Islander)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I think the name "The Senator" has potential to be a real bad-ass superhero if they keep the idea of a Roman centurion-type for it.

Also, the Blue might be good if it had sonic-based powers, with its main weapon being a power sax/ax.

.....You know, where The Patriot has soviet seeking missiles and The Redskin, and The Chief are actually portrayed as native americans with some offensively racist super power like being able to command "spirits" or get herds of animals to do whatever they want through mind speak.

LOL. That gave me quite a chuckle, McCarthy.

My amused other thoughts on these:

1) So many of these characters have "animal" heads. Not masks or helmets, but apparent animal heads: The Bruin, the Wild, The Shark, The Devil, the Predator, etc. What, are they ALL were-people?

2) It's hard to tell with the were-people heroes, but are all the Guardians supposed to be white males?

3). The bios have some funny points. The Flier has a pet "titanium eagle". Blackhawk's bio says he is an environmental "empathy"(I believe the term is "empath"). I kind of like the way they tie in the heroes' demeanor/personalities to their locale, but they sometimes take it too far: Bruin and Wild are intelligent, because their metro areas are well-read or full of universities?

4)Weird methods of transport-- surfboard for Lightning (dumb) and leaked Duck (not bad); but waterskis for The Shark? Silly. This is the one chance to have a decent Aquaman/Sub-Mariner ocean-based hero, and they give him SKIS?

5) I guess since he is 10 1/2 feet tall and weighs 950 lbs., the Oiler doesn't get cold in Canada while going sleeveless.

It is what it is.

1) I think it's par for the course, given that many North American sports teams take their names from animals, no?

2) How many traditional comic book superheroes from Marvel are white males? From this standpoint it seems run-of-the-mill.

4) Yeah, missed the boat (groan...) on that one.

5) Exposed skin should still lose heat no matter how big a life form is.

The Duck got leaked:

The_Duck-MerchaholicDOTca_medium.jpg

A tad bit disappointed in the colour scheme (mask probably should have been gold, and there's a distinct lack of orange anywhere), and the hair's a bit weird, but aside from that he's pretty cool. Could've been so so much worse.

Wildwing/Nosedive collaboration.

I'm really liking these ones of late.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

JAN 14- The Canuck

169062_175889369116003_156199747751632_357580_5440998_n.jpg

Forget Lumberjack, it's Batman with fins!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Swing and a miss? Who are you kidding, epper. This has major potential since it is basically Batman with fins...

Since it is basically Batman with fins, The Canuck can proudly say that he's 'The goddamn Canuck!'

Swing and a miss? Who are you kidding, epper. This has major potential since it is basically Batman with fins...

Since it is basically Batman with fins, The Canuck can proudly say that he's 'The goddamn Canuck!'

And he can beat anyone... with time to prepare.

Archived