2011 MLS Kits

AJM

I like the US/Canadian flag on the MLS jerseys, because it gives a nice balance to the MLS Logo on the other sleeve and it's not too common in world soccer/football/futbol.

btw the LA Galaxy will get a third jersey this year.

Hope its gold!

I've heard whispers of a gold kit...but nothing concrete. Hopefully they bring back the chest sash!

la_galaxy_authentic_jersey.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What gets me about BIMBO is that they own Hostess and Wonder Bread. Why couldn't Hostess or Wonder be the sponsor brand?

Shake 'n' bake!

TN%20wonder%20still.jpg

Wow, when I saw McCarthy's post I said to myself, "Yeah, they used Wonder for NASCAR..." Oops. Guess Ricky Bobby doesn't count. Falls under movie product placement rather than sports team sposorship, I suppose.

Oh well. Any Chicago Fire changes happening?

Ricky Bobby could also have been ...

Me!

340x.jpg

What gets me about BIMBO is that they own Hostess and Wonder Bread. Why couldn't Hostess or Wonder be the sponsor brand?

Or Stroehmann's, a Philadelphia brand?

Stroehmann's is owned by Bimbo Bakeries USA...I'm sure they are trying to develop an increased familiarity with Bimbo in the US, since most people associate the brand in Mexico and with Mexican soccer clubs.

http://www.bimbobakeries.com/our_brands/stroehmann.html

Stroehmann's is owned by Bimbo Bakeries USA...I'm sure they are trying to develop an increased familiarity with Bimbo in the US, since most people associate the brand in Mexico and with Mexican soccer clubs.

Yeah, I don't get Bimbo's strategy at all. Why try to bring in your foreign brand, with a name easily mocked by English-speakers to the point where you have to print the pronunciation on your advertising, when you already own so many well-known domestic brands? And I believe Bimbo products have been previously available in Hispanic communities, where they would already have familiarity with the brand, so it's not like their current campaign is trying to grab the Hispanic consumer. It would be like Burger King suddenly deciding to open up Hungry Jack's locations in the U.S., without renaming their existing stores.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, I don't get Bimbo's strategy at all. Why try to bring in your foreign brand, with a name easily mocked by English-speakers to the point where you have to print the pronunciation on your advertising, when you already own so many well-known domestic brands? And I believe Bimbo products have been previously available in Hispanic communities, where they would already have familiarity with the brand, so it's not like their current campaign is trying to grab the Hispanic consumer. It would be like Burger King suddenly deciding to open up Hungry Jack's locations in the U.S., without renaming their existing stores.

I think their strategy is to build "American" familiarity with the corporate/parent brand that owns brands (like Stroehmann's) that people are already aware of and buy products from. I know the Hispanic community (myself included) knows Bimbo, but it makes sense to me that Bimbo would push the corporate name/Bimbo logo rather than one of the brands it owns to build upon itself in the US market.

I think it would help if people knew that Bimbo Bakeries USA HQ's nearby Philly...$12 million for a 4-year sponsorship doesn't hurt either.

I like the US/Canadian flag on the MLS jerseys, because it gives a nice balance to the MLS Logo on the other sleeve and it's not too common in world soccer/football/futbol.

Hope its gold!

I'm going to get flak for this, but i'd like to see a bfbs clash set- gold would hearken back to the pre-beckham unis, which was a dark, dark, time in galaxy uni history.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

You mean an awesome time. That gold with the green sash was unique; something they tossed away when Goldenballs showed up.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hope its gold!

I'm going to get flak for this, but i'd like to see a bfbs clash set- gold would hearken back to the pre-beckham unis, which was a dark, dark, time in galaxy uni history.

BFBS would actually make perfect sense for the Galaxy, considering that they've been about nothing but marketing and merchandising ever since Becky flew in.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Slap an Herbalife wordmark across the middle of that and you've got a winner.

It's sad because it's true.

Hope its gold!

I've heard whispers of a gold kit...but nothing concrete. Hopefully they bring back the chest sash!

I miss these. :(

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Now that Panthers has been thoroughly thrashed, time to get back to the kits....

I'm loving Toronto FC's new look, for the most part. The team's modelled itself after the great EPL clubs since day one, so a nice, clean look certainly fits with the image of what they want to present.

That being said, they need to drop the shadow leaf. It worked when they were the only Canadian organization in the league, but they're not anymore. The leaf/soccer ball works in the badge because it's been there since day one, and they were the first Canadian team in the league. Now that they're not the only ones north of the border, however, they need to drop all the unnecessary Canadian trappings, specifically the shadow leaf.

Also, they need to lose the Canadian flag, but that's more of a league wide problem then one exclusive to the club.

Yeah, I don't really care for the big maple leaf on TFC's shirt, but I guess with MLSE owning them and the Leafs, it is sort of a given I guess. And it is not like TFC was ever going to be embraced as "Canada's team" or anything, what with Montreal and Vancouver competing against them in competition every year, even when they were in the USL.

Hope its gold!

Is there whispers of the sash as well? I'd go line up to buy one of these. Easily the best kit in MLS history.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Hope its gold!

BFBS would actually make perfect sense for the Galaxy, considering that they've been about nothing but marketing and merchandising ever since Becky flew in.

Yeah but the idea for a clash kit isn't to use a team color, it's to clash with the other team- almost every epl team's clash is missing team colors

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

Yeah but the idea for a clash kit isn't to use a team color, it's to clash with the other team- almost every epl team's clash is missing team colors

I'm new to following soccer, so just to clarify, is a clash kit the same as the third kit or is a clash more like the secondary?

From what I've seen in EPL it seems like some teams have secondary kits that are in team colors but some have completely different colors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most(all?) MLS teams have a primary and secondary both in team colors. Is there an MLS team with a kit that isn't in the team colors?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I'm new to following soccer, so just to clarify, is a clash kit the same as the third kit or is a clash more like the secondary?

From what I've seen in EPL it seems like some teams have secondary kits that are in team colors but some have completely different colors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most(all?) MLS teams have a primary and secondary both in team colors. Is there an MLS team with a kit that isn't in the team colors?

Off the top of my head, the Sounders new black jersey is the only secondary/away jersey that is not a team color. There's probably a couple more I can't think of. I think there are a lot less cases of a non-team color being used as their away jersey in the MLS because of what American fans are used to seeing in home/road sets.

Fake edit: The Timbers road is going to be red.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived