2011 MLS Kits

AJM

True, it wouldn't be a great clash, but I thing pairing a red shirt with either black or white shorts (depending on opponent) and red socks would be different enough from ono-black and mono-white to work as a more subtle clash.

I think this "warm up shirt" would solve the problem of their being too much red in the new DCU 3rd kit.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a similar note, most national teams' clash kits are in some variant national colors (or national uniform colors)--I'm having a hard time thinking of a national team whose uniform isn't in their national or traditional colors other than the US's anthracite set (which still gave the appearance of dark blue under most lighting).

Mexico's current away kit is black, and Australia's away kit is blue- two examples of non team colors in international kits

Good call--I'm surprised I forget Mexico's black kit. Thinking about it a little more, I recall Portugal also having a black secondary kit back in 2006.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Good call--I'm surprised I forget Mexico's black kit. Thinking about it a little more, I recall Portugal also having a black secondary kit back in 2006.

The way they played in them, most people want to forget those kits. They looked horrible and they only were worn for the South Africa game. the red kit the keeper wore was miles better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On a similar note, most national teams' clash kits are in some variant national colors (or national uniform colors)--I'm having a hard time thinking of a national team whose uniform isn't in their national or traditional colors other than the US's anthracite set (which still gave the appearance of dark blue under most lighting).

Mexico's current away kit is black, and Australia's away kit is blue- two examples of non team colors in international kits

Then there is the USA anthracite jersey of 2008-09, the white with baby-blue letters of Turkey in 2007-08, the navy-colored Holland jersey of 1998, the Spanish black kits of 1998 (not to mention the navy they won in last year, only to switch to the red for the ceremony), England wearing powder blue in 1986, and Uruguay wearing red for the 2005 Copa America.

Germany, since going away from the green change strip a few years back, has been all over the map ... black, gray, red, and now black and gold. Weird!

When are the Chicago Fire supposed to release their jerseys? Do they even have a sponsor anymore?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Timbers released their line of "Rose City FC" gear today:

http://shop.portlandtimbers.com/rose-city.html

Looks like an awful lot of time was invested in this. Seems like someone toying with the idea of a new identity for the Timbers, but realized it wasnt worth the backlash.

It looks awesome...IMO they should've just went with Rose City.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Looks like an awful lot of time was invested in this. Seems like someone toying with the idea of a new identity for the Timbers, but realized it wasnt worth the backlash.

Absolutely. That stuff is beautiful.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

When are the Chicago Fire supposed to release their jerseys? Do they even have a sponsor anymore?

I asked earlier and someone said it wasn't their year to switch. Something about alternating years. Belated thanks for that answer. Just went to my first two Fire games last year, which raised my interest in MLS beyond checking the standings every once in a while, so I'm way behind in soccer knowledge.

And Best Buy is still the sponsor as far as I know.

I concur it looks awesome... that rose ball is sweet

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Sharp crest. And (while somewhat convoluted), I consider "Blood, Sweat, and Roses" to be a witty slogan. Very nice.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I asked earlier and someone said it wasn't their year to switch. Something about alternating years. Belated thanks for that answer. Just went to my first two Fire games last year, which raised my interest in MLS beyond checking the standings every once in a while, so I'm way behind in soccer knowledge.

And Best Buy is still the sponsor as far as I know.

Best Buy's sponsorship deal is over now.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

According to the Chicago Fire facebook, they're releasing their jersey next week.

I wonder if that just means that they are putting the word "fire" back on the front of the kit?

just got an email from RBNY- apparently there is going to be text on the front of the collar- this did not appear before and i hate it.

Not a fan of that little addition either, but I still prefer the template/cut of the jersey used versus last year's...Chelsea used the same jerseys and they just looked awful.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

just got an email from RBNY- apparently there is going to be text on the front of the collar- this did not appear before and i hate it.

frontpageawayjsy.jpg

Maybe its the lighting...but is that jersey black instead of navy blue?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived