2011 MLS Kits

AJM

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone as seen this but this guy has a great mock up of each team's kits for this season. There might be a couple missing but check it out. Maybe we could use these for the team logo sites or someone can make up some new updated ones for the site. I noticed that the most current uniforms up there now are from 2008.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/MLS/MLS-2011.html

By the way, is there a thread just for the new logos for the site or should we just post them here too? I found a few for the Super Draft, Player Combine and First Kick logos

Super Draft logos:

sd11_logo.png

2010_MLS_Super_Draft-600x358.jpg

2009-mls-superdraft.jpg

mls_superdraft_2008.jpg

They might as well rename it the AkronDraft...especially since the way the 2011 draft turned out haha

Does anyone else find it really odd that Real Salt Lake uses Barcelona colors on its home kit?

Yes, but watch out...many RSL fans poop their pants when ANYONE says ANYTHING about their name, colours, or logo....positive, negative, or otherwise.

When RSL first joined the league...they used more of a purple-blue, so nobody really thought of Barca...but then they modified their blue down to the

one you see today...and now it's almost face-palm inducing.

Most RSL are aware of the oddness of it...and usually say, "Just 'cause we're named after RM, doesn't mean we can't have our own identity!"

Does anyone else find it really odd that Real Salt Lake uses Barcelona colors on its home kit?

Yes, but watch out...many RSL fans poop their pants when ANYONE says ANYTHING about their name, colours, or logo....positive, negative, or otherwise.

When RSL first joined the league...they used more of a purple-blue, so nobody really thought of Barca...but then they modified their blue down to the

Most RSL are aware of the oddness of it...and usually say, "Just 'cause we're named after RM, doesn't mean we can't have our own identity!"

Lets not forget that Madrid isnt the only team with the name "Real".

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

...oh and I should mention - I'm going to go through those again, clean them up (i.e., convert all colors to the new PANTONE PLUS sRGB values) and re-post them.

And, it seems that I have found an unused D.C. United crest in a logosheet I recently obtained...I'll try to scan it soon and post it. It's not the original Nazi-ish crest, nor is it the current one.

So hes a fan of Spanish soccer, naming his team after Madrid, giving them the color scheme of Barca.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

So hes a fan of Spanish soccer, naming his team after Madrid, giving them the color scheme of Barca.

Don't try to look for explanations about RSL...just makes the head hurt.

Davey is a confirmed fan of Madrid and chums with their former president and even managed a nebulous cooperative agreement with RM

...but based on the first kits of the club...it would seem he was a fan of Spanish national soccer...which is where the whole colour "controversey" comes from.

Hence the whole thing starts to feel like a hodgepodge of other (more famous) identities rather than a unique-mls-slc-whatever identity...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I guess I'm the only one who doesnt have a problem with the Reals, Sportings, FC's of the world.

Yep:

RealSaltLakeBlue_2005_SOL_SRGB.pngRealSaltLakeBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Everyone keep in mind that these colors represent their primary color in print; not fabrics.

Yep:

RealSaltLakeBlue_2005_SOL_SRGB.pngRealSaltLakeBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Everyone keep in mind that these colors represent their primary color in print; not fabrics.

This. It made for an odd looking clash on those first home uni's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22663925@N00/1461510193/

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the stitching on the shield (man, i miss stitched shields on mls kits) is also purple.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Am I the only one who thinks MLS jerseys should be cheaper because it has a company name/logo on the front? It is essentially free advertising. I know the companies pay for those rights, but they pay the team, not the fans. Needless to say I go around every where supporting the Whitecaps, and Bell apparently.

Archived