2011 MLS Kits

AJM

Am I the only one who thinks MLS jerseys should be cheaper because it has a company name/logo on the front? It is essentially free advertising. I know the companies pay for those rights, but they pay the team, not the fans. Needless to say I go around every where supporting the Whitecaps, and Bell apparently.

That is not just MLS where this would be a concern! Worldwide issue...

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I am not sure how the jersye system in soccer(MLS) works. Does every team have one primary, and an alternate? Or are there a home, and away jerseys for each team?

I'm guessing it would be a primary and alternate because just off the top of my head if it was home and away, there might be a problem with Portland wearing their away jerseys (as they are red) with teams like Red Bull, Toronto, Dallas and perhaps Houston.

Also I am not sure how the jersye system in soccer(MLS) works. Does every team have one primary, and an alternate? Or are there a home, and away jerseys for each team?

I'm guessing it would be a primary and alternate because just off the top of my head if it was home and away, there might be a problem with Portland wearing their away jerseys (as they are red) with teams like Red Bull, Toronto, Dallas and perhaps Houston.

This, basically like international soccer, where teams will wear their primary uniforms if they don't clash with their opponent's uniforms. For example, Portland wearing green at Colorado or Sporting KC wearing light blue at Chivas.

Aside from the three-stripe overkill, all four of those uniforms are beautiful.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A handful of teams do offer sponsor-less versions of shirts as I've seen. Not sure if there's a price difference , though.

Really? Which leagues?

Don't think I know of any entire leagues that do it but I've definitely seen sponsor-less Celtic shirts. I think it's more common with clubs that have alcohol and gambling sponsors.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

A handful of teams do offer sponsor-less versions of shirts as I've seen. Not sure if there's a price difference , though.

Really? Which leagues?

Don't think I know of any entire leagues that do it but I've definitely seen sponsor-less Celtic shirts. I think it's more common with clubs that have alcohol and gambling sponsors.

To my knowledge, that's only for kids's shirts. The teams sometimes go sponsorless when playing a Champions League fixture in a country which prohibits such sponsorship (such as France), but teams don't sell the sponsorless shirts.

Some teams sell training gear very close in design to their shirts, and that training gear is sometimes sponsor-free. Could that be what you're thinking of?

That scudetto looks weird on a Rapids shirt, not cause of any design element, just cause, well, its the Rapids. :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Aside from the three-stripe overkill, all four of those uniforms are beautiful.

Philly's used to be great before the gaudy sponsor logo. Now, I'm not 100% against sponsorship, though I think soccer teams look better when they're like Colorado or Sporting KC and have no sponsors on the front and also no wordmark like FC Dallas and the Revs. It's just that Philly went from one of the, if not the, best looking team in MLS to one of the worst looking.

Also, I wish KC wasn't monochromatic with their new look. Some navy shorts or something would have improved their look greatly. I'm sure they could mix-and-match or whatever, but still.

picture1hpi.png

Philly's used to be great before the gaudy sponsor logo. Now, I'm not 100% against sponsorship, though I think soccer teams look better when they're like Colorado or Sporting KC and have no sponsors on the front and also no wordmark like FC Dallas and the Revs. It's just that Philly went from one of the, if not the, best looking team in MLS to one of the worst looking.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I wish KC wasn't monochromatic with their new look. Some navy shorts or something would have improved their look greatly. I'm sure they could mix-and-match or whatever, but still.

I've heard from a Sporting KC employee that they are going to be flexible about the combinations they wear. They said they really like the mono light blue, as well as a light blue shirt, indigo shorts, light blue socks look. They said that they like the the indigo shirt and shorts together best for the clash and would probably do light blue socks with that.

I really like the uniforms. I think they look nice without a sponsor but it doesn't seem quite right to me. Also, if you are a fan wearing a jersey w/ a collar and w/o a sponsor it just looks like you are wearing a polo.

I'm a little nervous about the team adding a sponsor and how that might affect the look, but I think the team is really careful with their new brand and won't choose something that won't fit. I am definitely going to wait for the sponsor to pick up a jersey bc I want to wear what the players have on the field.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Really? Which leagues?

To my knowledge, that's only for kids's shirts. The teams sometimes go sponsorless when playing a Champions League fixture in a country which prohibits such sponsorship (such as France), but teams don't sell the sponsorless shirts.

Some teams sell training gear very close in design to their shirts, and that training gear is sometimes sponsor-free. Could that be what you're thinking of?

Nah I've seen them sell sponsorless adult shirts too -- here's the away: http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_details.aspx?pid=72506 (They used to have the home sponsorless for sale on Kitbag as well, must have sold out or something though.)

Then you've got the complete opposite approach in the Irish national team kits, which are (of course) sponsorless on the pitch but the replica kits have some hideous sponsor logo on the front. I get it for club teams, but somehow sponsors on national team kits just seems...wrong. Even if it's only on the replica.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I also found some All Star logos that are not on the site yet:

I have an older thread of RGB-optimized MLS logos - most of which have never been added (FWIW):

MLS Graphics

Thanks ColorWerx. Never saw that older thread. Maybe you could put up any other new ones you have for this year on this other thread for the site. Thanks so much.

Archived