2011 MLS Kits

AJM

Why does KC not have a sponsor, although I hate it, it would get them more revenue. Also if put something on the front of your jersey, if you don't have a sponsor, you know like the teams city, or nickname.

MLS used to do that with the team names - looked awful. Either get paid for slapping something across the shirts, or don't put anything there at all.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only instance I like the team wordmark across the front of the jersey is on the Fire shirts. I think it looks a lot better with "Fire" than if it were just a blank wide white bar.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, Wiz was just plain stupid. Wizards was alright. SporKCs is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyway, my point was, they looked right nice with that lighter blue and white shorts.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1cf1869ac79d2d0db461f67254b4f7a5-getty-109261377by019_timbers_rapids.jpg

3ea2b45ea2b89a224ab40f74b0fc40b0-getty-109261376bl029_philadelphia.jpg

The Timbers' kit looks MUCH better in action than it did on paper. I was one of the few who thought it was ugly. Still not a fan of the two-tone, but I can live with it after seeing how it actually looks. Houston's kit looked just as good as advertised (too bad the team didn't match the quality of the shirt <_<), & I guess I've managed to mentally block out the fact that Philadelphia has an ugly sponsors logo, because it didn't bother me nearly as much as it did when it was unveiled. :P

Best looking matchup of the week was Vancouver v. Toronto, though. Vancouver's already got one of the best kits in the league, IMO, & Toronto in all-red always looks nice. That match was very easy on the eyes (too bad I only had a radio stream. :().

Well, Wiz was just plain stupid. Wizards was alright. SporKCs is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyway, my point was, they looked right nice with that lighter blue and white shorts.

Though I wasn't following MLS at the time, I'd love for KC to go back to the blue used in these: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=ljl7icfu9netek3fg6e9

I was pretty disappointed when they first came out in the light blue-dark blue colors that everybody rebrands into (Grizzlies, Rays, Nuggets, etc.) but I prefer Sporting KC, though I would have liked Wizards to stay.

Bad decision on Philly's part because it confused the hell out of me. I was expecting to see Philly in navy & Vancouver in white. Instead, I got vice versa & Philly actually having a third jersey is news to me.

Not really complaining though, since it means we get to see Vancouver's sweet clash kit.

They are an actual sporting club though. They are starting professional lacrosse, rugby and women's soccerteams under the same moniker.

Speaking of kits, I'm surprised the MLS allowed Colorado to wear their home kits against Chivas USA in L.A., who wore their red kits.

f84c8826b971a51f77fa402b734ce024-getty-109261395sd007_colorado_rap.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Speaking of kits, I'm surprised the MLS allowed Colorado to wear their home kits against Chivas USA in L.A., who wore their red kits.

f84c8826b971a51f77fa402b734ce024-getty-109261395sd007_colorado_rap.jpg

If they had last years aways they would have worked better. Their alterantes this year had red sleeves which could have been more confusing at times

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A tad off topic, but does anyone know when the Whitecaps and Timber will be added to Fifa 11?

There's an update for FIFA 11 for the Whitecaps, since EA in a sponsor for them...

Well, that and the FIFA games, and all EA motion capture I think is done in their studio at Burnaby. The Whitecaps team all went in their and got scanned in or whatever.

Why does KC not have a sponsor, although I hate it, it would get them more revenue. Also if put something on the front of your jersey, if you don't have a sponsor, you know like the teams city, or nickname.

MLS used to do that with the team names - looked awful. Either get paid for slapping something across the shirts, or don't put anything there at all.

Revolution still does. Only team I believe.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived