2011 MLS Kits

AJM

Actually, they had offers for naming rights, but wanted to go this route. They've been in talks with LIVESTRONG for 8 months.

Shirt sponsor is in the works, so much for your quippy remarks.

I think it's a novel idea in the world of greedy millionaires and billionaires. I don't care if they get a tax right off, the money is still going toward cancer research and not into their pockets or the governments pocket.

What the hell is wrong with that?

@Ez Street: Could the jersey sponsor end up being LIVESTRONG too or is it going to be a different company? I am surprised with all of LIVESTRONG's dealing with Nike that they would be allowed to do this.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't believe that LIVESTRONG will be the kit sponsor. They are looking elsewhere for that.

Plenty of Sporting fans would like to see Boulevard Beer become the sponsor, they are a local beer company. Others like Sprint, although I'd be surprised if they ended up with a KC company on the front of their kits.

Perhaps Lance Armstrong will come out of retirement again and head-up the Sporting Kansas City cycling program. After all, that's why the Sporting KC nomenclature was adopted, right? To indicate that it was a multi-sport venture?

;)

It's a soccer stadium! It's a velodrome! It's a rugby pitch! It's a lacrosse field! It's a cricket park! It's occasionally half-full!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyone notice that since the Sporting KC rebrand the Eastern conference logo is conspicuously absent from the MLSSoccer.com website.......

Also w/ regards to Kc, they passed up millions on the stadium rights and I doubt they can afford to do the same w/ a jersey sponsor.

Did anyone catch the community shield preseason match b/w seattle and colorado. It was my understanding that the "straps" on the back of the sounders jersey would blend with the jersey. This was not the case and the Silver Straps intertwining with the names and numbers looked atrocious.

The whole team was wearing the tech fit unis. And it made reading names difficult. Adidas needs to fix this and take those stripes off completely

Medium_CUSTOMSSAUTH.jpg

Back is very messy...not a fan.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The whole team was wearing the tech fit unis. And it made reading names difficult. Adidas needs to fix this and take those stripes off completely

Medium_CUSTOMSSAUTH.jpg

Back is very messy...not a fan.

That silver really needs to go.

Although the Livestrong wristbands were developed by Nike, Livestrong really just has a relationship with Nike. Its not like its a Nike initiative or anything. Nike produces apparel for them and has a close relationship with Lance Armstrong but I don't think there will be any conflict. Go to Livestrong.org and you see no mention of Nike outside of the Shop.

I could be completely wrong of course...

No, I think they stuck Tech fit on the whole team. Otherwise half the team would be wearing the back straps and the other half wouldn't. I think I saw Arjen Robben's techfit shirt today in pics of Champions League game and it didn't stand out except it was obviously tighter than those who didn't wear techfit shirts

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not sure if anyone as seen this but this guy has a great mock up of each team's kits for this season. There might be a couple missing but check it out. Maybe we could use these for the team logo sites or someone can make up some new updated ones for the site. I noticed that the most current uniforms up there now are from 2008.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/MLS/MLS-2011.html

By the way, is there a thread just for the new logos for the site or should we just post them here too? I found a few for the Super Draft, Player Combine and First Kick logos

Super Draft logos:

sd11_logo.png

2010_MLS_Super_Draft-600x358.jpg

2009-mls-superdraft.jpg

mls_superdraft_2008.jpg

Archived