2011 MLS Kits

AJM

Here they all are, with the exception of a few of the 3rd Jerseys:

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2011/02/22/mls-2011-uniforms-unveiled-cleanliness-and-conformity-reign/

Thanks for the post...pretty much waiting on new kit sponsorship news...

No problem. One thing I see with those is when KC gets a sponsor it is going to take all the attention off that line down the side of the jersey, because its not really that pronounced to begin with.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the Galaxy's 3rd kit (maybe to be released for the Champions League?)

Word from a very reliable source is: "it will be in a color called Punjab. This is a color that looks almost black to the eye but in fact it is a very dark shade of grey/blue. The stripes will be golden."

Maybe that "punjab" is one of those 2 grey-ish tones?

galaxyhoodedjacket2011.jpg

the picture is a screenshot from their 2011 hooded jacket.

Chivas USA kits have been revealed...looking pretty sharp, especially the navy jersey.

CoronaJerseyArticle.jpg

jerseydl.jpg

For a better look in the MLS store... http://www.mlsgear.com/shop-by-mls-team-chivas-usa-jerseys.html

Those look amazing. I thought that the MLS had a rule against alcoholic beverage sponsors (Labatt's was rumored to be the original Whitecaps sponsor). Guess not.

Chivas USA kits have been revealed...looking pretty sharp, especially the navy jersey.

CoronaJerseyArticle.jpg

jerseydl.jpg

For a better look in the MLS store... http://www.mlsgear.com/shop-by-mls-team-chivas-usa-jerseys.html

Those look amazing. I thought that the MLS had a rule against alcoholic beverage sponsors (Labatt's was rumored to be the original Whitecaps sponsor). Guess not.

Beer sponsors are okay...no hard alcohol or gambling/betting sites.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Doesn't MLS have an official beer? I heard here that there was a rule prohibiting a league sponsor's competitor from becoming a shirt sponsor.

Bud is the official beer of MLS. Corona is Ok, because An-Busch-InBev owns a large stake in Corona's parent company and they are in charge of distribution in the US.

Doesn't MLS have an official beer? I heard here that there was a rule prohibiting a league sponsor's competitor from becoming a shirt sponsor.

Bud is the official beer of MLS. Corona is Ok, because An-Busch-InBev owns a large stake in Corona's parent company and they are in charge of distribution in the US.

Ah that could explain why the Labatt's thing didn't work in Vancouver.

Something tells me, though, that Labatt makes and markets Budweiser in Canada, but I could be off.

Interesting, ABInBev (Bud) owns Labatt, but in the United States is distributed by a different company:

"In the United States, Labatt brand beers are sold under license by Labatt USA, which since 2009 has been fully independent of the Canadian firm and a subsidiary of the privately-held North American Breweries of Rochester, New York."

That is probably why they cannot do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to post graphics all to well, so I will let someone else do it. Sporting Club Kansas City just announced their stadium will be LiveSTRONG Sporting Park. There is a very nice logo but I cant post it.

My question to logo people out there is, isn't Livestrong Nike related? Is this conflict of interest with MLS's Adidas deal? I am wondering if the logo will be on the jerseys soon as well.

So remember, when you make a donation to LiveStrong, your money is going toward a very important cause: funding naming rights for a half-empty soccer stadium in Kansas.

Oh, and cancer somethingorother.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So remember, when you make a donation to LiveStrong, your money is going toward a very important cause: funding naming rights for a half-empty soccer stadium in Kansas.

LIVESTRONG isn't actually paying for the naming rights. It's not really a sponsorship as much as it is a partnership. Sporting still benefits from the PR and tax write-offs, for the planned donations over the next 6 years as well as the value of the donated naming rights.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

LIVESTRONG isn't actually paying for the naming rights. It's not really a sponsorship as much as it is a partnership. Sporting still benefits from the PR and tax write-offs, for the planned donations over the next 6 years as well as the value of the donated naming rights.

Ah, gotcha. So Sporting can't land a shirt sponsor or a stadium sponsor. Either that, or they think they're Barca.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Actually, they had offers for naming rights, but wanted to go this route. They've been in talks with LIVESTRONG for 8 months.

Shirt sponsor is in the works, so much for your quippy remarks.

I think it's a novel idea in the world of greedy millionaires and billionaires. I don't care if they get a tax right off, the money is still going toward cancer research and not into their pockets or the governments pocket.

What the hell is wrong with that?

Archived