New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I do like this new set. I'd have liked to have seen the coloring carried through all the letters, though. Or alternately, anyone else think the M and marlin logo is strong enough to stand alone on the upper left chest (like the Washington Nat's curly W)? I think that would be a strong look as well.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The curly W doesn't stand its own; it's a terrible logo for the Nationals.

ColorWerx et al., is there a standalone marlin anywhere in the package? Do you think there will be eventually? Do you think there should be?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The curly W doesn't stand its own; it's a terrible logo for the Nationals.

ColorWerx et al., is there a standalone marlin anywhere in the package? Do you think there will be eventually? Do you think there should be?

I never gave any indication as to what my opinion of the curly W is. I simply used it to compare how a standalone M/marlin logo on the left breast could work for the Marlins. Though, I do happen to think the curly W is a phenomenal logo. One of my favorites. My opinion is different than yours. That's ok.

To all the Philadelphia area people on this board...it just dawned on me that the M looks like the M from the old Prism channel logo. It was even multi-colored!

Good point! Would've been interesting is the marlins wordmark was in that font!

Also this video is instant nostalgia to me as a kid watching home alone on prism

Home alone watching Prism? I knew what kind of movies they had on at night after the Flyers games! Haha

I've posted everything I have...no idea if anything else is coming - sans an inaugural patch that I haven't seen yet.

I should've put "home alone" in quotes, lol. I meant the movie, we also had it on tape recorded off prism.

My favorite movie channel intro will always be

Ah I miss movie channels having great intro's.

Anyways what were we talkin bout? marlins? eh they're ok i guess lol.

You guys keep forgetting the teal died almost in 1997, then again for sure in 2003. They havent been a teal team since 1997 in my eyes.

In 1993, they had the teal caps, BP Jersey and sleeves.

In 1997, the hat was only black, the sleeves were black only too. The only teal was the crest.

In 2003, the teal was resorted to the thinnest of outlines on the MARLINS script.

In 2006 the teal was changed to more of a blue.

In 2007, all the marketing started to feature orange, as well as all the promotions.

Teals dead, it's been dead. I liked it, but you keep trying to ressurrect a corpse. You can't. The new colors are just that, COLORS, and I'm happy we finally have them again.

I wish they had a third blue cap, and a 3rd alternate blue jersey. They both are a beautiful blue and I feel it would have helped bridge the gap a bit from the Florida to Miami Marlins.

I'm sure they will be here in a year or two. I know I would buy the fashion cap in a heartbeat if it was in blue or yellow. Just would use a seam ripper on the NE logo on the side and pair it with the road grey jersey.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I still do think teal is better than the black/orange the Marlins seem to be going for, and I really wish the new logo package did replace orange with teal. But that said, after several days of looking at it, I really do think this looks better than their original 1993 look. Swapping the orange for teal would have been a great move, I think, and would have let the Marlins "own" that color in baseball.

You guys keep forgetting the teal died almost in 1997, then again for sure in 2003. They havent been a teal team since 1997 in my eyes.

In 1993, they had the teal caps, BP Jersey and sleeves.

In 1997, the hat was only black, the sleeves were black only too. The only teal was the crest.

In 2003, the teal was resorted to the thinnest of outlines on the MARLINS script.

In 2006 the teal was changed to more of a blue.

In 2007, all the marketing started to feature orange, as well as all the promotions.

Teals dead, it's been dead. I liked it, but you keep trying to ressurrect a corpse. You can't. The new colors are just that, COLORS, and I'm happy we finally have them again.

5835896138_10a404225c.jpg

You pretty much summed up my feelings on this subject. Way to go, man.

Miami Marlins sounds better and should've been their name from the beginning. The old minor-league team was called the Miami Marlins, there was no "Miami Gardens" in 1993, they shared the building with the Miami Dolphins, and it's highly presumptuous to claim an entire state as large and culturally heterogeneous as Florida.

More or less the same with what ought to have been the "Denver Rockies."

Many don't understand why they were the FLORIDA Marlins instead of the Miami Marlins. Its the same reason, and same person that caused the FLORIDA Panthers not to be the Miami Panthers, even though near downtown Miami is where the Panthers played their first 6 seasons.

H. Wayne Huizenga.

He was a Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale) guy, went to High School there, and as happens he had a great disdain for anything Miami or Dade County (Now Miami-Dade County). Under his direction, and his ownership of not only the Marlins and Panthers, he was also the owner at the time of the Miami Dolphins. One of the 1st things he did as Dolphins owner, was move the teams HQ and practice facility out of Miami and Dade County, up to Davie, FLA in his beloved Broward County. Also team activities, including community/charity efforts all were just about exclusively in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and totally ignored Miami and Dade County.

When he got the franchise rights to the Marlins, and then a year later the Panthers, he naturally made sure the name Miami was not associated with them at all.

Word has always been that he actually went to the NFL and petitioned them so that he could rename the Dolphins the South Florida Dolphins, so he could rid himself of the Miami moniker. The NFL told him "no" on that one.

But this is why they are/were Florida instead of Miami.

Green Bay packers is so odd to me, it's a city of 100k people, it's like if the Jets built a stadium in Edison, NJ and called themselves the Edison Jets. With that said, I kinda like it....

They are the Green Bay Packers because they are one of the three leftovers from the origins of the NFL (it may be 4.....Packers, Lions and Bears and maybe the Giants ?) from when the NFL was in its infancy and was in small towns mostly in the midwest only. They somehow survived and remained in Green Bay.

Miami Marlins sounds better and should've been their name from the beginning. The old minor-league team was called the Miami Marlins, there was no "Miami Gardens" in 1993, they shared the building with the Miami Dolphins, and it's highly presumptuous to claim an entire state as large and culturally heterogeneous as Florida.

More or less the same with what ought to have been the "Denver Rockies."

Many don't understand why they were the FLORIDA Marlins instead of the Miami Marlins. Its the same reason, and same person that caused the FLORIDA Panthers not to be the Miami Panthers, even though near downtown Miami is where the Panthers played their first 6 seasons.

The Panthers use the Florida name instead of the Miami name because the Florida panther is an actual species of panther. Using the Florida name, in this case, makes sense. The Marlins, however, should have been the Miami Marlins from day one.

If Mr. Huizenga had so much disdain for Miami, then he probably shouldn't have sought to own teams that played in the Miami metro area.

I hate the name "Miami" Marlins. Florida Marlins sounds so much better.

I still can't believe they actually built a stadium for a team that draws 6 fans. Seriously, the Florida Panthers get bigger crowds than the Marlins do. And this is a team that has won 2 World Series!!

That's exactly why they're trying to rebrand their whole organization. They need to attract the Miami-based audience. Put the team in Miami for good. It doesn't make sense to have a team named for a state when there's another team in the same state. Come up with something vibrant and colorful(how else are fans going to stay awake when they're watch a horrible team like the Marlins....where does it say I'm a Pirates fa...nevermind) and build a new stadium since their current one is a joke. That's funny how the two current Florida baseball teams arguably have the two worst stadium in the league.

The Marlins are not a "horrible" team. They have won the 7th (out of 30) most games of any franchise over the last 6 seasons. They have had a winning season as late as 2009. Last year they were dogged by horrible injuries that took down Johnson before the All-Star break and Ramirez just after the ASB, coupled by some career lows for several players. The Marlins at full strength were 30-20 at one time last season.

All the teal detractors, why cant a team with an aquatic name like the Marlins use it. I want different colors.

Why must all MLB teams have either a black, blue, navy or red hat.

I like the A's green.

I want to see Brown Padres, Yellow Pirates, Purple Rockies, Teal Marlins.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate the name "Miami" Marlins. Florida Marlins sounds so much better.

I still can't believe they actually built a stadium for a team that draws 6 fans. Seriously, the Florida Panthers get bigger crowds than the Marlins do. And this is a team that has won 2 World Series!!

Even if I lived in Miami I wouldn't watch a game in that place they call a stadium, even if it was free.

But next season I plan on driving from Tampa a few times to watch the Rays and Cubs series.

Rays don't play the Cubs in 2012.

I think he means he will head to Miami to watch the Rays play the Marlins and the Marlins play the Cubs

And also, the anti-Semitism clinches it. Dude's in the know.

(How in the hell do you pull off being an anti-Semite in South Florida?)

Well if you live in Miami-Dade County you can get away with it now. Miami is over 75% Hispanic now. The Jews left over the last 20 years and moved to Boca Raton, elsewhere in Florida or out of the state altogether. Miami has a "white" population of less than 10%. That's why when I see shows like CSI: MIami I laugh......those are not Miami people LOL

The logo is a nice sentiment. Like, it's nice that they tried something outside the box and fresh. But honestly, where is that Marlin coming out of and where is it going? To me this looks a bit like the Buffaslug bred with the OKC Thunder logo...yet somehow y'all like it. Maybe because it's different, it sort of works for you? I'm not on board yet, but honestly, I'm not bailing on it either. Where they go next will make my decision easier.

I'm not on board at all. This...thing...is atrocious. Worse than bad, IMO. It may scream "Miami", but it's the gaudy, over-the-top obnoxious part that it's screaming.

The worst team in baseball now has the worst logo to match. Now just give me an F for the uniforms and the triumvirate of suck will be complete.

The worst team in baseball ? Huh ? You have to be a Cubs fans. Still upset about 2003 ?

Get over it.......

Why ban me ? Am the truth you ppl need to sit down and look at the logo and try to imagine that on a MLB full uniform it doesn't make any sense...we (marlins) just got out of a stadium that espn and every one els in the nation was making fun of us you really think we would make a logo looking like a up side down WHAT-A-BURGER logo ? So you haters could keep making fun of us?

I can see why he was banned. UGH !

Archived