New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

From today's Uni Watch comes this tidbit:

6467240449_914b19ee06_b.jpg

Tyler Kepner is at the MLB winter meetings, where he spotted something very interesting: a Marlins batting helmet with a raised/embroidered logo, just like the one used by the Cubs. I?m trying to confirm whether this was just for display purposes or if the Marlins will be going with this logo format on the field, but I?m pretty sure it?s the latter.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't like that. The stitching just clashes with the smooth plastic of the helmet.

I actually think that raised logos on helmets are a cool idea, but they should be either super-thick decals or rubberized or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Isn't the Cubs more like a felt patch rather than detailed stitching? Either way, the "shine" of the batting helmet just doesn't work with the flatness of the embroidery.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IF that's real, it seems huge for a batting helmet logo, but then the cap logo is pretty oversized as well, why the big logos? They look ugly. Also an embroidered helmet decal just feels kinda 'old school' to me, and makes it clash massively with the rest of the Marlin's 'modern' attempt at a rebrand. Every extra detail that comes out just makes this whole look worse and worse

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that the MLB logo on the back of the black hats is black and orange while it is blue and orange on the orange hats. As far as I know every other team only has one MLB logo in team colors regardless of what jersey or cap it goes on. I'm I correct in thinking this?

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that the MLB logo on the back of the black hats is black and orange while it is blue and orange on the orange hats. As far as I know every other team only has one MLB logo in team colors regardless of what jersey or cap it goes on. I'm I correct in thinking this?

Tigers have blue/blue on home cap, blue/orange on road cap.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Tyler Kepner is at the MLB winter meetings, where he spotted something very interesting: a Marlins batting helmet with a raised/embroidered logo, just like the one used by the Cubs. I?m trying to confirm whether this was just for display purposes or if the Marlins will be going with this logo format on the field, but I?m pretty sure it?s the latter.

I spy the new Orioles helmet in the reflection of the Marlins helmet.

Excellent spot!

spacer.png

The Padres have a Brown/Tan version for their Camo Alts in addition to their normal sand/navy.

Anubis.png

The Padres have a Brown/Tan version for their Camo Alts in addition to their normal sand/navy.

Tigers have all navy at home with a navy and orange one on the road.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Excellent spot!

Unfortunately the edges of the white panel on the new Orioles batting helmets don't have the concave curve that the old ones did. IMO the squared-off edges of the new white panel is not a good look, because from the front it makes it look like the entire crown of the helmet is white. Ugh.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I picked up an orange road cap today at the local Hat Club (along with an Orioles road cap). The Marlins cap is really bright orange, sort of like the color of prison uniforms (lol), but it really looks sharp IMO. The "M", while looking oversized on the black cap really seems ok on the orange cap - the bright orange sort of offsets the hugeness of the logo (which in and of itself doesn't really bother me that much). I really dig the cap.

Archived