New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Can you please stopp replying to two-month-old posts? It's annoying.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there going to be any renovations to Dolphin Stadium to eliminate baseball configurations? Do they need to in order to improve football/soccer experiences?

Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Landshark/SunLife Stadium was purpose built as a football stadium that could host baseball. I've been there for both events, and would have to say that not much is necessary.

Actually it was built as a stadium for American football, and could host soccer as well. They had to do more than $ 40 million in changes before it could host baseball.

The Dolphins have said they need more than $ 300 million in government money to renovate and make the stadium up to date for another Super Bowl. But there is great resistance to this locally, since that stadium is a privately owned stadium. Dolphins Stadium was privately financed and built by the Dolphins late owner, Joe Robbie. The only government "assistance the Dolphins have received has been property tax discounts on the 160 acres. They have been paying but $ 1 a year since 1986 when Joe Robbie bought the "Lake Lucerene" property (which was owned by the county up until then).

"Wasting away again in Margaritaville... Doot doo doo doo doot doo..."

Well, just to be fair, Landshark Lager is brewed mostly for Margaritaville resturants...

marlinslandshark2.jpg

Not sure about that, come to Florida and you can find Landshark at about any store that sells beer.

Same for California, good stuff too.

Yeah its actually pretty good. I have a friend that lives in Washington state in a little town, and has bought it at the local market. He's pretty buried in the woods and to get it there I found it shocking.

What the Marlins SHOULD have done was ask the paying fans what they wanted...not a corporate art company that probably is more into "art" and being "artists" than the sport itself. This new look is proof of this.

Are there that many paying fans to warrant a discussion group for the rebranding of this franchise?

Really. They already "have" the few fans that they have now. They clearly needed to do something to reach out to those who currently aren't their fans. That's just the counter-intuitive way that business works sometimes. In some cases, someone just has a "vision" and takes a shot. Sometimes it works spectacularly. Other times... well...

They may already "have" the current fans, but pissing off your most loyal customers at the expense of trying something totally off the wall is not a good idea either.

In the local Sun-Sentinel their poll of 1615(as of now) people shows 72% voting for "It's garish and tough to look at." which replaced the "I hate it" option that was originally there. They also reported "Early returns on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell on CNBC, 88.4% say it?s either bad (38%) or horrendous (50.4%). Only 1% say it?s great." If they did any market research they must've asked the Yankees, Braves, Mets, Phillies etc. fans in the area, but I doubt even they would suggest something so awful. I know a lot of transplant fans of out of town teams, and every time I ever bring up that the Marlins are changing colors the response is always "Why? It's so perfect now."

The key to building a solid fanbase down here is lasting long enough to build a few generations of true local fans. Only the Dolphins have been around to really do that. It certainly doesn't speed up the process when you take the first 2 decades of tradition, and a look that Marlins fans overwhelmingly loved, and throw it out the window.

Are you guys getting one of the reasons people down here don't embrace the Marlins as they do in other places ? Its the ownership, plain & simple. He is a carpetbagger, from NY and has a "home" he comes to in Palm Beach County (90 miles north of Miami) and doesn't really get the real flavor of the true City of Miami. He knows glitzy South Beach and many I sure here think that is the real Miami, which is so far from reality its not even funny.

All the teal detractors, why cant a team with an aquatic name like the Marlins use it. I want different colors.

Why must all MLB teams have either a black, blue, navy or red hat.

I like the A's green.

I want to see Brown Padres, Yellow Pirates, Purple Rockies, Teal Marlins.

The Marlins have an orange hat.

Are you guys getting one of the reasons people down here don't embrace the Marlins as they do in other places ? Its the ownership, plain & simple. He is a carpetbagger, from NY...

Carpetbagger? That's still a term?

Are you guys getting one of the reasons people down here don't embrace the Marlins as they do in other places ? Its the ownership, plain & simple. He is a carpetbagger, from NY...

Carpetbagger. Hardwoodfloorbagger. I don't really mind either way. As long as it's bagging time.

what a disaster, the whole set looks liek pure :censored:. glad im not a marlins fan because that what ever it is that theyre gonna be wearing is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the organization, the players, and the fans. :censored: look liek a bunch of clip art, there is no primary logo, the hat looks boring, the unifroms are even more boring. the miami script looks so bad it looks so uneven with the giant m on one side and have 3 letters on the other side. the only jersey that looks kind of okay is the orange. god, i honestly feel bad for marlins fans...they lost thier team at the end of the 2011 season, what you got here are the jeff loria's miami miamians...complete fail of a redesign in my opinion. i may have went overboard but i dont care, the marlins look liek a joke of a team now. the stadium is a mess, thier identity is a mess, and thier owner is an ass.

awwwww sore because Reyes is going to be a Marlins ?

If you're not mature enough to discuss the logos and uniforms without tauting people who may or may not be fans of other teams, then please don't post here. Pretty please.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Panthers use the Florida name instead of the Miami name because the Florida panther is an actual species of panther. Using the Florida name, in this case, makes sense.

Right, but I'm sure he arrived at the decision to call them Florida and not Miami before he came up with the nickname. And that was when they actually played in downtown Miami, too!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No. No, it's not. Unless this guy is 140 years old - but I doubt that.

If you're not mature enough to discuss the logos and uniforms without tauting people who may or may not be fans of other teams, then please don't post here. Pretty please.

And more than BBtV's asking, here's a moderator's reminder that you need to do so. Thanks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

New Miami Marlins gear selling at ?staggering? rate

Sales of the new apparel have eclipsed all expectations, equaling 17 percent of last year?s sales in a single weekend.

By Clark Spencer

MILWAUKEE -- While some people might claim they are ugly, Marlins T-shirts and caps bearing the team?s new logo and colors are proving quite popular. ?Staggering? is the word Marlins president David Samson used to describe sales so far.

In terms of revenue, Samson said sales of Marlins apparel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday equaled ?17 percent of the merchandise we sold all of last year.

?We just got the results in because we just finished counting the cash,? Samson said at the general managers? meetings on Wednesday.

Best sellers

The hottest items?

?Right now, the red-orange hat is neck-and-neck with the black hat,? Samson said. ?The B.P. [batting practice] jersey is a runaway favorite.

?That?s the black jersey that has the red-orange down the side. That is crushing the competition. Saw a lot of it [being worn] at the Dolphins game on Sunday.?

-The Miami Herald

1997 | 2003

Sales of the new apparel have eclipsed all expectations, equaling 17 percent of last year?s sales in a single weekend.

By Clark Spencer

MILWAUKEE -- While some people might claim they are ugly, Marlins T-shirts and caps bearing the team?s new logo and colors are proving quite popular. ?Staggering? is the word Marlins president David Samson used to describe sales so far.

In terms of revenue, Samson said sales of Marlins apparel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday equaled ?17 percent of the merchandise we sold all of last year.

?We just got the results in because we just finished counting the cash,? Samson said at the general managers? meetings on Wednesday.

Best sellers

The hottest items?

?Right now, the red-orange hat is neck-and-neck with the black hat,? Samson said. ?The B.P. [batting practice] jersey is a runaway favorite.

?That?s the black jersey that has the red-orange down the side. That is crushing the competition. Saw a lot of it [being worn] at the Dolphins game on Sunday.?

-The Miami Herald

Of course it is. It's new and flashy. Fickle fans like new things, even if they don't. It's a shame though, with the recent Blue Jays and Orioles unveilings these Miami duds look like just that, a missed oppourtunity for a solid, timeless design. These are going to be yesterday's news tomorrow. I just don't think it has true staying power. I hope this post makes some type of sense.

By Clark Spencer

Best sellers

The hottest items?

-The Miami Herald

The internet once again proves that it truly has its fingers on the pulse of a market!!!

:lol:

New Miami Marlins gear selling at ‘staggering’ rate

Sales of the new apparel have eclipsed all expectations, equaling 17 percent of last year’s sales in a single weekend.

By Clark Spencer

MILWAUKEE -- While some people might claim they are ugly, Marlins T-shirts and caps bearing the team’s new logo and colors are proving quite popular. “Staggering” is the word Marlins president David Samson used to describe sales so far.

In terms of revenue, Samson said sales of Marlins apparel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday equaled “17 percent of the merchandise we sold all of last year.

“We just got the results in because we just finished counting the cash,” Samson said at the general managers’ meetings on Wednesday.

Best sellers

The hottest items?

“Right now, the red-orange hat is neck-and-neck with the black hat,” Samson said. “The B.P. [batting practice] jersey is a runaway favorite.

“That’s the black jersey that has the red-orange down the side. That is crushing the competition. Saw a lot of it [being worn] at the Dolphins game on Sunday.”

-The Miami Herald

Seriously? This is the best selling jersey?

zvwosq11qb5dj1mghhkwwhdsf.gif

I would've guessed alt black, orange or gray.

~~~~

It's a shame though, with the recent Blue Jays and Orioles unveilings these Miami duds look like just that, a missed oppourtunity for a solid, timeless design. These are going to be yesterday's news tomorrow. I just don't think it has true staying power. I hope this post makes some type of sense.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Miami's redesign just doesn't look as impressive compar

spacer.png

This is just thinking out loud, but perhaps the BP jersey sells well because of the price. It's an authentic in the sense that it's worn by the players, but costs less than or equal to (I can't remember) a crappy replica. Not a bad option financially...

That argument makes sense. I've always like the BP jerseys, and the cost makes me like them more.

It doesn't help either that MLB shop still doesn't have customizable authentics or pre customized Authentics of the blk alt and road jersey: I think it's stupid that a week into selling and we still don't have anymore choices other than Hanley and Stanton. You would think they would have had all this stuff out considerin how long they have had to build up production.

Archived