New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make an argument for either one, but those uniforms have been dead and gone for years. The new uniforms are better than the 2003-2011 White Sox imitations, which is what matters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does anybody at least know the font for the numbers?

Awful Serif Bold.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How can anyone in their right mind say that this:

jAZHSUoa.jpg

is better than this?

ph_timeline_big_uniforms.jpg

Well that's an inaccurate question considering that look went away back in 2003. A more appropriate would be from the last set and the new set.

More like 1996, wasn't it? By the time of their first World Series, they were all black caps and sleeves and such. Those teal jerseys or sleeves or caps weren't still being used regularly in 2002, the last year of that set, that's for sure. Wordmarks and pinstripes were all that was left in teal, and those were taken care of in 2003.

I've said it before, but there was an alarming percentage of the admittedly small number of fans wearing teal caps and merch at games in 2002-03 compared to what was available at the stadium (virtually none - and no caps). I bought my teal cap at the Marlins en Miami store. Team owned, yes, but they sure weren't pushing the teal. In this case, the owner might realy have ignored the fanbase for his personal preferences. Perhaps how small the fanbase he'd be alienating was played a part. They added an orange sun to the logo in 2003 and don't forget Samson claiming the Marlins were an orange and black team years ago, despite orange only appearing in baseball laces on the primary. So it might not be all business.

Must be a Florida thing, as the Panthers denied the calls for red until giving in this year.

whthe new set looks great i think, i dont like the piping around the neck tho... looks odd

i LOVE the orange, i was at the stadium tje night of the reveal to buy merchandise and I'd say about 90% bought orange caps, including myself

what has me worrued is there was no mention of the orange cap in the reveal

True2OB.png

I completely forgot about the 'official' unveiling of he Marlins logo until 20 minutes ago, I checked mlb.com and..whoa! I know this leaked out in September, thinking "ok this has to be fake" and then was hoping - for Marlin fans sake - this would be revised! I guess not.

Remind me to bring dark sunglasses to a Phillies vs. Marlins Sunday afternoon game - if those super bright obnoxious orange jerseys are used. This is perhaps one of most hideous logos, uniforms in baseball history, just a cluttered mess of colors.

I get the art deco'esque font used for Miami...it fits the town, but NOT uniforms. It really looks like the designer ate a bag of Skittles and threw up with all of these colors. *The Yellow represents the Florida sunshine, - this is from the video press release I saw on MLBs site. Ok, it's sunny in Florida, but the yellow on your baseball team is not needed.

Also the video press release introduction of the logo (a lit neon "M" on a black box), the reception was "ehhh" at best. In fairness, that could have been the audio, muting those who were in attendance.

I 100% agree, the "M" on the cap is TOO big, wow...at least shrink it down a notch, it would actually look better I think. I see bootleg Yankees, Mets, Phillies hats around here with much larger logos and it simply looks bad.

On the orange jerseys, ditch the "M" on the sleeve..just go with the new swoosh Marlin.

If I knew nothing about the Marlins, I would think this is a new expansion team, a high school team, or heck...maybe on the first look the uniforms for the Miami Hurricanes if I didn't notice the fancy Marlin. Not a team that has been around for 20 years. And I keep looking at that fancy Marlin and can't help to think of some transit system logo?

To the designer(s), sorry this is a fail! MAYBE they will go back to the drawling board after the 2012 year.

Not hating on the team..no trash talk to my fellow NL East rivals.

Trust me, I remember our NBA 76'ers with the most bland, ugliest uniforms back in the the early 90's ( As seen here: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=c9sk4rz26c657eetjurev2g43 )

Couldn't get on the site for a while but here's everything. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

14dlgzn.png

2mcf75y.png

fvbabq.png

iyk8j8.png

2uf4n6f.png

153pvdk.png

pq80i.png

ta4m6a.png

xnt0nb.png

It looks odd that the Marlin is outlined in black on the road and orange alt but not the white home. I think if they outlined it in black it'd look 10x better. Also the logo on the cap is entirely too big. Why is it so big? It looks awful. I understand why the Marlin is jumping out of the I in Marlins (because the script is longer than Miami it wouldn't look right placed at the end) but I wish they had the marlin jumping out of the second M in Miami to make it look more uniform across the set. Also there's a lot of empty space on the jersey between the A and the M in Miami which could easily be filled by the Marlin. Also I think the orange cap on orange jersey is going to be too much, the orange cap would look much more sharp with a black bill IMO. My last gripe is the piping on the black jersey looks too boring in white, they really should have made it orange or blue. Actually my last gripe is the sleeve patch, I think it's overkill having the same logo on the jersey twice and on the cap as well (especially since it's enormous). IMO it'd look a ton better if it was just the marlin without the M.

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

Ignoring my humble opinion about this new set (don't like it one bit, and if the strongest argument going for it is "well, at least it's an upgrade over the Sox's knock-offs" that's not going to cut it in my book), I think they should pair their home whites with the orange cap instead of the black one.

Also, as it has been mentioned before, the cap logo is WAY too big and the MIAMI script on the road grays should be changed to black.

The orange jersey looks promising... as a fashion, fan-oriented jersey, NOT as something a professional baseball team should wear on the field.

jAZHSUoa.jpg

is better than this?

I'm liking every uni in this set except the new roads. They need more umf in it. Say I dont know, get Rick Ross to make it possibly? After all he is from MIA. [reminder: Sean "Diddy" Combs did help create the old Dallas Mavericks green alternate]

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

The giant M on the arched wordmark makes it look lopsided, and the monstrous hat logo has all the appearance of a goofy theme park employee.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

jAZHSUoa.jpg

is better than this?

Both are nice and the 2012 Marlins look better than the death-by-black uniforms they were previously wearing.

Maybe it's just me, but current MLB players look a lot fatter and less athletic looking than in the past.

Archived