New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say that the Flat gray is actually silver and not gray plus the silver.

I actually figured this would be the case.

-MiamiMarlins. I also thought the silver helped the whole jersey standout out. I would consider the teal fruity before a metallic silver, but i liked both as they were. If your worried about fruity, im sure we are going to hear plenty of comments about that anyway.

Oh and Tubby, Im thinking that two are the primary hats and one is the BP, what do you think?

Kinda hoping it's three game caps, I never minded the Mets multiple caps. A Black, Oranage and Sky Blue cap would be pretty cool, or Black, Orange and Black/Yellow or Black/Blue bill would be kinda cool.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The hats I just saw actually have silver on them. I thought it was going to be a flat gray.

Anyone who works at lids should have seen them. Someone at sportsfanatic said they can start selling them 11/19/11 but they have recieved aqn email with their photos. Three hats is what he mentioned, and orange one. I didn't prod too much.

Which Sportsfanatic? The one at Dolphin Mall?

and thats pretty dumb to start selling the stuff a week after its announced, knowing the attention spans for most people down here it'll be forgotten by then.

True2OB.png

The hats I just saw actually have silver on them. I thought it was going to be a flat gray.

Anyone who works at lids should have seen them. Someone at sportsfanatic said they can start selling them 11/19/11 but they have recieved aqn email with their photos. Three hats is what he mentioned, and orange one. I didn't prod too much.

and thats pretty dumb to start selling the stuff a week after its announced, knowing the attention spans for most people down here it'll be forgotten by then.

Sometimes the team itself has an exclusivity to sell the product for the immediate time shortly after a rebrand. From what I can remember, that's the way it was for the Rays going into 2008.

I'm guessing the stuff will be on sale first at the stadium and at Marlins en Miami on Calle Ocho.

1997 | 2003

I'm guessing the stuff will be on sale first at the stadium and at Marlins en Miami on Calle Ocho.

that place is still open? haha. it's the size of a shoebox.

I remember I drove like 2 hrs to go there once because I heard they had some rare junk. :cursing:

Yeah, dolphin mall (see football town) it has to do with the marlins having a window of exclusivity for that week. They will be available 11-11-11 at the stadium store.

The 8th street store is closing.

Anybody know how it looked on the last game?

64bf300464f9c4a110b92c4.jpg

The field itself looks *very* much like most baseball/football stadia back in the late 70's/early 80's. It wasn't at all uncommon for you to watch World Series games with a gridiron outline/markings still on the field and the area where the sidelines were beat all to hell.

nav-logo.png

More and more signs point to ORANGE and BLACK being the primary colors.

If you guys remember, the signs for the new stadium groundbreaking ceremony were, you guessed it, orange, black and silver.

groundbreaking_logo_300x238.gif

nxv1xg.png

Little late to the party eh, the logo was leaked but then pulled. It includes black, orange, blue, yellow and silver.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Little late to the party eh, the logo was leaked but then pulled. It includes black, orange, blue, yellow and silver.

No. I'm perfectly aware of the CAP logo that has been circulated. I am speculating about the colors that will go on the uniforms. I have heard they will be predominantly black and orange, which is in keeping with previous Marlins branding for the new stadium, their current website, etc. It is also consistent with Chris Creamer's recent blog post on the "Remembering the Florida Marlins Identity" which concludes that the Marlins will be rebranded in black and orange for the 2012 season.

Oh, ok I didn't think you knew because of when you joined the CCSLC, welcome btw. From what I've heard you are correct black and orange, with the blue and silver being pretty prominent.

Showtime?

Oh, ok I didn't think you knew because of when you joined the CCSLC, welcome btw. From what I've heard you are correct black and orange, with the blue and silver being pretty prominent.

Showtime?

Thanks for the welcome, kcchiefsfan. Blue and silver to go along with orange and black sounds interesting. I wonder if/how they'll go about differentiating their brand/color scheme from the Mets.

Showtime?

Thanks for the welcome, kcchiefsfan. Blue and silver to go along with orange and black sounds interesting. I wonder if/how they'll go about differentiating their brand/color scheme from the Mets.

Aren't you worried about how the Marlins will differntiate from the Orioles and Giants with predominantly black and orange?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The blue is much diiferent then Mets blue though. Also with the Mets dropping black soon I can hope that they will look much different.

They can use a good balance of the blue and silver and hopefully that will be enough to look different from the Giants and O's

More and more signs point to ORANGE and BLACK being the primary colors.

If you guys remember, the signs for the new stadium groundbreaking ceremony were, you guessed it, orange, black and silver.

groundbreaking_logo_300x238.gif

nxv1xg.png

aaah the groundbreaking, I was there. I remember all those shovels were knocked down JUST before the ceremony was to start lol

I skipped just about the entire line to get in unintentionally lol There was a big gap in the beginning, my buddy and I just walked up and in, the real line steched around half the stadium site. :D

True2OB.png

Archived