New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I think it looks pretty cool, but then again I like Miller Park. That roof will help when it rains down there.

Is that the scoreboard angled down in that 2nd pic? Don't know if I like that. Maybe it's not in place yet.

That is the main scoreboard & that's it's final position. Do you mean the angle on the left side of it? I think that's kinda cool actually. The design of the ballpark itself if excellent IMO. The problem lies with the aesthetic details that totally disconnect it from the first 19 years of Marlins history. Even the first seat they installed, somewhere above the 3rd base home dugout, is red for some reason. Not one of the new colors, not teal to honor the Florida Marlins legacy, it's just odd.

My only real gripe with the park's design is that they did not bring over the field dimensions from Joe Robbie, complete with the Teal Tower scoreboard in left and 434 foot Bermuda Triangle in left center. That was one of the few things that made games at JRS feel like a baseball game and gave Marlins home games a unique feel.

That monstrosity being erected in center field is another gem from Loria:

Marlins-Grooms-1.jpg

Complete with flapping seagulls and carnival lights. Hit a home run, give the outfielders a seizure.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks pretty cool, but then again I like Miller Park. That roof will help when it rains down there.

Is that the scoreboard angled down in that 2nd pic? Don't know if I like that. Maybe it's not in place yet.

That is the main scoreboard & that's it's final position. Do you mean the angle on the left side of it? I think that's kinda cool actually. The design of the ballpark itself if excellent IMO. The problem lies with the aesthetic details that totally disconnect it from the first 19 years of Marlins history. Even the first seat they installed, somewhere above the 3rd base home dugout, is red for some reason. Not one of the new colors, not teal to honor the Florida Marlins legacy, it's just odd.

My only real gripe with the park's design is that they did not bring over the field dimensions from Joe Robbie, complete with the Teal Tower scoreboard in left and 434 foot Bermuda Triangle in left center. That was one of the few things that made games at JRS feel like a baseball game and gave Marlins home games a unique feel.

Marlins-Grooms-1.jpg

Complete with flapping seagulls and carnival lights. Hit a home run, give the outfielders a seizure.

:puke: . Really. What are they thinking?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Yeah I saw that. It looked like others were saying he tweeted a pic of the actual jersey. That's what I was asking about.

Husker was talking about that red-&-gold uniform concept that LoMo uploaded allllllllll the way back on page one and how he hoped that it wasn't it, but hoped that it was green & black.

The uniforms haven't been leaked, but the logo has, and if dude had been paying any sort of attention to the thread, he'd know that the uniforms will be nowhere near green & black. :P

I've been paying attention, I just stated what I wanted to see.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. The stadium looks small and according to Wikipedia it will only seat 37,000 (the Trop at most holds 41,000 and Miller Park 42,000), which is still plenty for the Marlins, but if filled will give it an intimate, loud feel.

The outfield dimensions are (per Wikipedia)

Left Field 340 feet (103.6 m)

Left Center 384 feet (117.0 m)

Center Field 416 feet (126.8 m)

Right Center 392 feet (119.5 m)

Right Field 335 feet (102.1 m)

These are significantly bigger in the gaps and in center than Miller Park, which is good because Miller Park is a band box. Looks interesting. Not liking the multi-colored animatronic Marlin though. Yeesh.

I have been inside. The upper deck in the bowl is very low compared to Joe Robbie Stadium. The HR porch is going to be a neat spot to catch a game. I think the noise is going to remind a lot of people of the Miami Arena. I'm interested in seeing how it plays. If it were an outdoor facility the best comparison would have been Petco.

I'm turning around on the home run feature. I'll wait until it's complete before making a final judgement.

I don't understand how this park should in any way harken back to the good old days of Sun Life Stadium. The subtle touches like the triangle in center and the strip of seats in left like the old Power Alley seats are good enough for me. I want this place to be the exact opposite of JRS.

Fisheatcats, it's silly to say the new park will ignore the previous 19 seasons for several reasons. The ballpark will commemorate the Orange Bowl AND the team did have a massive celebration on Closing Day in which they brought back a ton of fan favorites and even Wayne Huizenga to close down JRS. Hell, Jeff Conine took down the championship flags and flew them via helicopter to the new park. It's safe to say both world championships and other moments will be recognized throughout the ballpark and to a greater extent than what we saw at JRS. (Which consisted of championship flags and an entrance with assorted knickknacks in a trophy case.) I was told that the team had a lot of memorabilia in storage that they simply did not have space for at the old main office. I know for a fact they are planning something nice for HOFers Dave Van Horne and Felo Ramirez.

1997 | 2003

It looks like a mall.

It's a big building that separates you from your money like some centrifuge of capitalism. Also, food courts. It doesn't look like a mall, it is a mall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks like a mall.

It's a big building that separates you from your money like some centrifuge of capitalism. Also, food courts. It doesn't look like a mall, it is a mall.

I wonder if they'll open it for old folks exercise hour during away games. Charge $5 a head (billable to Medicare of course) and you've got a pretty good source of income.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Marlins-Grooms-1.jpg

Here is a link to a video of the home run feature: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150370601964746

TAcNc.jpg

lWHG7.jpg

Looks like Miller Park. Not a fan.

Dont most of the retractable roof stadiums looks similar ?

I have to agree...it looks WAY too much like Miller Park. Its taken me a long time to accept the design of that park and now it seems as if we have to get used to yet another similar park. I guess we are spoiled by the success that Safeco Field and Minute Maid Park had with their ability to create more open versions of an enclosed dome stadium by moving the roof way over to one side and dramatically open up the space overhead. Parks like Miller Park and apparently the Marlins new stadium really remind you that you are in an enclosed ballpark. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that we will be reminded that we are watching a game in a dome.

I have to agree...it looks WAY too much like Miller Park. Its taken me a long time to accept the design of that park and now it seems as if we have to get used to yet another similar park. I guess we are spoiled by the success that Safeco Field and Minute Maid Park had with their ability to create more open versions of an enclosed dome stadium by moving the roof way over to one side and dramatically open up the space overhead. Parks like Miller Park and apparently the Marlins new stadium really remind you that you are in an enclosed ballpark. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that we will be reminded that we are watching a game in a dome.

Safeco is a little different because it is not a fully enclosed facility. It's more like a giant umbrella over a traditional outdoor park.

It looks like a mall.

I wonder if they'll open it for old folks exercise hour during away games. Charge $5 a head (billable to Medicare of course) and you've got a pretty good source of income.

That reminds me, does the Metrodome still offer concourse roller-skating on Tuesdays?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That reminds me, does the Metrodome still offer concourse roller-skating on Tuesdays?

http://www.roller-dome.com/

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is there still going to be an aquarium behind the plate?

Yeah there is, Split into two sections.

There will be a 3rd base aquarium, a center portion, and a 1st base aquarium.

Supposedly there will be beautiful fish in those sound and bullet proof aquariums.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

is there supposed to be actual MARLINS in the tank? or just regular little fish?

Not trying to be smart, but Marlins are gigantic fish compared to normal aquarium fish. If we actually kept marlins in the tanks they would probably have to be the size of a large house to not violate any kind of law or animal rights groups. Even then they would probably be to small. Most marlins are atleast 6+ feet.

Archived