New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

is there supposed to be actual MARLINS in the tank? or just regular little fish?

Not trying to be smart, but Marlins are gigantic fish compared to normal aquarium fish. If we actually kept marlins in the tanks they would probably have to be the size of a large house to not violate any kind of law or animal rights groups. Even then they would probably be to small. Most marlins are atleast 6+ feet.

I guess I was thinking lil baby marlins when I asked that question. or maybe I'm drunk. either way, in hindsight... makes sense

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify, I didn't receive a cease-and-desist letter; I chatted on the phone with their investigations department - they were asking about the source of the leak and I knew as much as they did, during this phone call they asked me to remove the images. I probably could have declined at which point I'm assuming a cease and desist would have been coming my way.

Seems like they're being as cool as they can be all things considered. Reality though is that they're trying to put the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube, and as well all know that's simply not going to happen.

nav-logo.png

True, but they can minimize the damage by having the leaked logos removed from the most prominent sports logo site.

Can't totally fix the problem, but can maybe help stop the spread.

So the Marlins logo is like herpes?

Herpes hurts less than the new Marlins logo.....

Just to clarify, I didn't receive a cease-and-desist letter; I chatted on the phone with their investigations department - they were asking about the source of the leak and I knew as much as they did, during this phone call they asked me to remove the images. I probably could have declined at which point I'm assuming a cease and desist would have been coming my way.

Seems like they're being as cool as they can be all things considered. Reality though is that they're trying to put the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube, and as well all know that's simply not going to happen.

Hell they should be happy the leak happened. That way they can see the overwhelmingly negative response to their Grand Theft Marlins logo and maybe reconsider it (or change it) before the official name change next month similar to say what the 49ers did in the early 90's.

Hell they should be happy the leak happened. That way they can see the overwhelmingly negative response to their Grand Theft Marlins logo and maybe reconsider it (or change it) before the official name change next month similar to say what the 49ers did in the early 90's.

I doubt it will be changed. It takes a lot of time, money and effort to put together an entire "logo package," or w/e terminology you want to use. Just because some people on a message board moan and complain about one of the logos doesn't mean it will get changed.

I mean, there was just as much hatred and complaining, if not more, about the "standardized" Super Bowl logos, and so far that hasn't changed. In fact, the last time I can even remember a logo being changed due to widespread outcry was the Gap logo and the death of the Buffaslug.

Not to mention several initially hated logos, such as the 1997-present Broncos logos, were later accepted after they became associated with winning teams. Not saying that will be the case here, but say the Marlins do win a World Series in the next few years. I imagine the logos and overall look will suddenly become more appreciated.

Notice how teams that won wearing a certain look, such as the Blue Jays and D-Backs, later get criticism when they switch away from them into something else.

I doubt it will be changed. It takes a lot of time, money and effort to put together an entire "logo package," or w/e terminology you want to use. Just because some people on a message board moan and complain about one of the logos doesn't mean it will get changed.

I mean, there was just as much hatred and complaining, if not more, about the "standardized" Super Bowl logos, and so far that hasn't changed. In fact, the last time I can even remember a logo being changed due to widespread outcry was the Gap logo and the death of the Buffaslug.

Difference is that it's not just one a random message board that people are pissing and moaning. Marlins fans are none too happy with it. And teams tend to listen to their fans since they're the ones buying the gear with said crap logo on it. That's why that disaster of a Niners logo got changed. It wasn't the press reaction, it was the fan reaction (though the press reaction didn't hurt either).

Regardless, I still doubt it will be changed anytime soon. Maybe it will last a couple of years at the most, but the Marlins are a corporation. It doesn't make any sense to waste all that time and money only to scrap all your work before it's even shown off to the public.

I say let's wait to see the entire package, not just one logo. I think there's a good chance the leaked logo may look a lot better when it's applied to the rest of the template. There are many logos I initially disliked until I saw how they all formed part of the bigger picture, and then I ended up liking them.

Difference is that it's not just one a random message board that people are pissing and moaning. Marlins fans are none too happy with it. And teams tend to listen to their fans since they're the ones buying the gear with said crap logo on it. That's why that disaster of a Niners logo got changed. It wasn't the press reaction, it was the fan reaction (though the press reaction didn't hurt either).

The thing is that the Marlins fanbase isn't all that large. The ones dedicated enough that they're upset over the loss of the old identity are so small in number that the Marlins can avoid alienating them a little.

That's true, as well. From the looks of things, the Marlins, despite their two world championships, have never seemed to draw much of a fan base. And would that fan base have even shown themselves recently if it wasn't for the announcement of the logo change?

Regardless, I still doubt it will be changed anytime soon. Maybe it will last a couple of years at the most, but the Marlins are a corporation. It doesn't make any sense to waste all that time and money only to scrap all your work before it's even shown off to the public.

I say let's wait to see the entire package, not just one logo. I think there's a good chance the leaked logo may look a lot better when it's applied to the rest of the template. There are many logos I initially disliked until I saw how they all formed part of the bigger picture, and then I ended up liking them.

Got any examples? Just curious is all.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Didn't like the new Nationals roundel or the recolored Wizards logo until I saw them actually on the uniforms. Also combined with the updated scripts, I ended up liking them because the overall package was quite nice.

Didn't like the new Nationals roundel or the recolored Wizards logo until I saw them actually on the uniforms. Also combined with the updated scripts, I ended up liking them because the overall package was quite nice.

Not to nitpick, but you wouldn't have seen the recolored Wizards logo on the new uniforms, because it is not on the new uniforms.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The thing is that the Marlins fanbase isn't all that large. The ones dedicated enough that they're upset over the loss of the old identity are so small in number that the Marlins can avoid alienating them a little.

Touche

Archived