2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

New Broncos HC John Fox names Kyle Orton starting quarterback over Tim Tebow.

Tebow is going nowhere in Denver, fast!

Orton may be the starting quarterback, but by the end of the season, Tebow will be the ending quarterback and Neck Beard will be on clipboard duty...again.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Broncos HC John Fox names Kyle Orton starting quarterback over Tim Tebow.

Tebow is going nowhere in Denver, fast!

And that would mean something if the Broncos were playing this Sunday. This has no baring on the actual depth chart come September. All of Fox and Elway's comments about Orton so far have simply been what they need to say about a guy while still on the team. There will still be a QB competition. This article elaborates on how non-committal that is.

Fox: Orton is our starter right now

For the 3rd year in a row Rex Ryan believes the Jets will win the Super Bowl. Him saying that phrase has lost all meaning to me.

Would you prefer your team's coach saying "My team isn't winning the next Super Bowl!"?

No, but this time he went Namath. From The New York Times:

===

“I guarantee we’ll win it this year,” Ryan said at his news conference in Lucas Oil Stadium, causing a stir among media observers sedated by a day of by-the-book interviews with coaches and prospects.

===

That's just stupid.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's not stupid, it's Rex. This is what he does. He wrote it on Mort's bus last year. He's full of bluster and the sports media love his fatmouthing, so it's not going anywhere.

Eventually, I think he's going to be right one of these years. I really hope he isn't, because if you think he's insufferable now, wait till he actually has a ring! Good grief.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

For the 3rd year in a row Rex Ryan believes the Jets will win the Super Bowl. Him saying that phrase has lost all meaning to me.

Would you prefer your team's coach saying "My team isn't winning the next Super Bowl!"?

They say it every year here in Browns country.

BB52Big.jpg

No I'm just saying, he's guaranteed it 3 years straight, and to be honest it gets annoying how cocky he is when he hasn't won a thing. If Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Mike McCarthy, or one of those guys who actually has won says something cocky, I'd understand.

No I'm just saying, he's guaranteed it 3 years straight, and to be honest it gets annoying how cocky he is when he hasn't won a thing. If Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Mike McCarthy, or one of those guys who actually has won says something cocky, I'd understand.

You know, he's coached his team to the Conference Championship game the last two seasons. He's the only coach in the NFL who can say that. Methinks he does have a small right to be cocky.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know, he's coached his team to the Conference Championship game the last two seasons. He's the only coach in the NFL who can say that. Methinks he does have a small right to be cocky.

To be honest you can't count his first year when they made it. If the Colts didn't lay down for them they wouldn't have made the playoffs. And this year they had one of the easiest schedules in the league. (Bills twice, Browns, Bengals, Lions, Vikings, Texans, Broncos). I'm not saying that they're not a good team, but they can't talk like they've been there.

To be honest you can't count his first year when they made it. If the Colts didn't lay down for them they wouldn't have made the playoffs. And this year they had one of the easiest schedules in the league. (Bills twice, Browns, Bengals, Lions, Vikings, Texans, Broncos). I'm not saying that they're not a good team, but they can't talk like they've been there.

You know, even if the other team pulls their starters, it's not guaranteed you'll make a comeback, so lets give the Jets some credit here. And we should also give them credit for winning on the road in the playoffs twice in both seasons. That's not exactly a walk in the park. For contrast, your Cowboys haven't won a road playoff game since the 1992 season.

Also regarding said schedule, the Bengals and Vikings were playoff teams the previous season, and the Texans and Broncos were supposed to be in the playoff hunt. Its not the Jets fault those teams fell apart.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I guess, but you can't deny that they should have lost at least a few of those games. (Browns, Lions, Texans, Broncos). And you can't say something like they can close games out or they're a clutch team because 2 of their wins were a direct result of penalties (Broncos, Steelers).

They're gonna make the playoffs, and they'll probably win a few playoff games. But this team will never win a title.

And Payton, Tomlin, and McCarthy have gone seasons without even making the playoffs. In a league in which 50% of the playoffs teams flip each year, Rex is doing pretty good so far in a league built on randomness.

Tomlin got to the Super Bowl this season on a 3rd place schedule. Payton took the Saints to the Super Bowl after an 8-8 season and a 4th place schedule and he was 7-9 the season before that.

And Payton, Tomlin, and McCarthy have gone seasons without even making the playoffs. In a league in which 50% of the playoffs teams flip each year, Rex is doing pretty good so far in a league built on randomness.

Tomlin got to the Super Bowl this season on a 3rd place schedule. Payton took the Saints to the Super Bowl after an 8-8 season and a 4th place schedule and he was 7-9 the season before that.

But they actually made the Super unlike Rex who choked in the Championship.

When Manny was talking and being annoying everyone said it was Manny being Manny, this is Rex being Rex and i do think Manny won a title......... I guarantee you the Jets will win a super bowl before the cowboys.

They have... the Jets won Super Bowl III :P

I saw, I came, I left.

When Manny was talking and being annoying everyone said it was Manny being Manny, this is Rex being Rex and i do think Manny won a title......... I guarantee you the Jets will win a super bowl before the cowboys.

They did... the Jets won Super Bowl III :P

Haha I should've said another superbowl.

They're gonna make the playoffs, and they'll probably win a few playoff games. But this team will never win a title.

Since the NFL playoffs tend to be a bit of a crapshoot, I'm not quite sure why you can guarantee the latter in light of the former.

Today, we are all otaku.

They didn't choke they lost choking is what the Cowboys did vs the Seahawks a few years back.

Not really, the Seahawks were favored in that game and were at home. You can't call dominating a game, and losing on the final play a choke. That was an awful choice of game by you, because if you would've said vs. the Giants in 07 then I would've admitted they choked.

Archived