2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

091017_JDW_VTGT_0483.jpg

Virginia_Tech_NC_Stat_Star_s640x387.jpg

Any confirmation on whether or not this will be the full time set? I mean, seriously. They should dump the other set, keep the Pro Combat around for "special occasions," and the white helmet for the same purpose. Yeah, they look like LSU in maroon & orange, but it's still a classy look for the Hokies & one that they should adopt full time.

Flame, I'm with you on that TCU set. It's proof positive that when used correctly Nike's experimental elements can really add to a look.

Yep. It's proof that you can go modern & edgy without putting piping everywhere &/or putting mismatched colors together. It really made for an awesome look. Not too often that you can go into a game vs. Wisconsin & have the better looking uniforms, but they did it.

What could I have done in the last 3 days that could possibly make you guys hate me this much, I mean I haven't done anything intentionally wrong in the past 3 days, have I?

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

091017_JDW_VTGT_0483.jpg

Virginia_Tech_NC_Stat_Star_s640x387.jpg

Any confirmation on whether or not this will be the full time set? I mean, seriously. They should dump the other set, keep the Pro Combat around for "special occasions," and the white helmet for the same purpose. Yeah, they look like LSU in maroon & orange, but it's still a classy look for the Hokies & one that they should adopt full time.

I've never seen that VT set before. Very nice. This should be their primary set, easily.

I didn't mind VT's Nikefied uniforms but I absolutely love the throwbacks, and I think they looked good with the multiple helmets.

Maybe they should drop one of the white helmets and make the orange helmet a regular part of the rotation.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think that VT should get rid of the modern unis, keep the LSU copies but add the Orange helmet and Orange jersey and pants to the rotation.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I think that VT should get rid of the modern unis, keep the LSU copies but add the Orange helmet and Orange jersey and pants to the rotation.

No. No orange pants. An orange jersey would be great, but I think sticking to just white pants would be great.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No. No orange pants. An orange jersey would be great, but I think sticking to just white pants would be great.

Well at least add maroon pants

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

What's wrong with just white pants?

They get boring when you see them week after wee...OOOOHHHH SHINY!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They get boring when you see them week after wee...OOOOHHHH SHINY!!!

Well, they do have two different sets of white pants. They wear the solid white pants at home and the maroon-orange-maroon striped pants on the road.

Just look at this quick mockup of how great a white helmet, red jersey and orange pants look together

EA.jpg

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Nothing. What's wrong with multiple pants?

@Jahgee: No. Way too much white.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nothing. What's wrong with multiple pants?

In some cases, they work. See Arizona, Virginia and Clemson. However, with Virginia Tech, the two pairs of white pants work really well and shouldn't be changed. An orange jersey would work well, as would keeping the orange helmet, but more pants would be unnecessary.

Yes, you are.

I hope the rumors of them returning to the Schnellenberger/Johnson-era uniforms are true.

Yes, you are.

I hope the rumors of them returning to the Schnellenberger/Johnson-era uniforms are true.

You think that these hurricane-hit.jpg

are greater than these RackMultipart.19775.0_display_image.jpg?1261204040

I do agree that a return to the 80's unis would be the best for them, but if they stay modern, they should go back to the beauties that I posted links for.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

No, I don't think their current uniforms are better than the early 2000s ones. I was disagreeing with your assertion that they should go back to the early 2000s uniforms, as they should go back to the 80s uniforms instead. Wearing throwbacks full-time worked great for Virginia Tech and it'd work really well for Miami.

IMO, what Miami has right now is just fine. It's not too crazy, but at the same time it's modern and fits the direction that Miami has been headed in with the visual identity of their football program. Considering it is a Nike school, I know the look isn't gonna stay forever so I guess it really doesn't matter if I like it or not, since it'll be replaced shortly. :P

But I guess if Miami were to change, I think an updated version of the Mid 80s/Early 90s Miami look would be nice. Hint hint, wink wink. :P

Archived