2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

The term is "douchebaggy."

how do you say it in the past tense? my guess would be douchebaggeous, used here in an exchange

Friend 1: "Yo man, I'm sorry I got you fired by stripping at your office and saying that you brought me here to do that."

Friend 2: "Yes, that was very douchebaggeous of you to do something like that."

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kevin W. is Paul Lukas in disguise.

No, I think baseball stirrups look weird.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

247816_10150213858629706_45710364705_6875100_4380273_n.jpg

Tradition has an infinitely greater number of MNCs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

247816_10150213858629706_45710364705_6875100_4380273_n.jpg

Tradition has an infinitely greater number of MNCs.

Well, since they have never won a championship, I guess it's traditional for them to not know how to win one. The more Oregon tries to change, the more they stay the same. Oregon, embraces tradition!

"tradition practices at half speed"

i dont see how that fits in to Oregon. they've got the fastest offense in the country because of the way they practice. i believe their best record for most plays run in 30 mins during practice is somewhere around 28. thats hustle for 30 straight mins of football.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i dont see how that fits in to Oregon. they've got the fastest offense in the country because of the way they practice. i believe their best record for most plays run in 30 mins during practice is somewhere around 28. thats hustle for 30 straight mins of football.

They are saying that since they are so high speed they are non-traditional.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Sounds like you answered your own question. Tradition practices at half speed. Oregon practices at full speed.

See how the rest of the items don't fit into Oregon's brand of football?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I never had a reason to hate Oregon until I saw that sign, and the poster about "changing the game"

they are so stuck up Donald Duck's and Phil Knight's butts right now.

"Tradition Never Changes, Champions Do"?????? Ok...how do you explain this?

mark-ingram1.jpg

ERDRSTEOFRVWJCX.20080108072702.jpg

Vince%20Young.jpg

ohio-state-celebratesjpg-ec71a5efa5552d2b_large.jpg

Very high correlation with national titles and old school uniforms. take that!

How in the hell did none of y'all post a picture of Michael Dyer gashing through those Ducks in the 'ship game to support that argument???

All that full-speed practice sure didn't help them slow him down...

(And to the point stated above, Auburn = another SEC team)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

How in the hell did none of y'all post a picture of Michael Dyer gashing through those Ducks in the 'ship game to support that argument???

michael-dyer-p1.jpg

:D

Yep, tradition must be doing something wrong.

michael-dyer-p1.jpg

:D

Yep, tradition must be doing something wrong.

clearly ;D

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I never had a reason to hate Oregon until I saw that sign, and the poster about "changing the game"

they are so stuck up Donald Duck's and Phil Knight's butts right now.

"Tradition Never Changes, Champions Do"?????? Ok...how do you explain this?

mark-ingram1.jpg

ERDRSTEOFRVWJCX.20080108072702.jpg

Vince%20Young.jpg

ohio-state-celebratesjpg-ec71a5efa5552d2b_large.jpg

Very high correlation with national titles and old school uniforms. take that!

I have very mixed feelings about his sign right now. For one, it's true up until the last line. We may be Pac-10 champions, but we can't make this sign until we are national champions. However, I believe that Chip Kelly really is changing the way football is played. Never before has anyone ever played that fast with this much success before. I also think this sign is a case of sour grapes. If you watched the game, Oregon outplayed Auburn throughout the game, but couldn't score in the redzone (or tackle Michael Dyer). We knew we were the better team, so the PR tried to make their lose look like a victory (they failed). Oregon just needs to know how to handle the spotlight. You have to realize that we have had almost no success until very recently, so this is all very overwhelming to us. Still, put this sign up in about 1-3 years (when Oregon eventually wins a national championship) and then they can brag.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You weren't the better team. You lost.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No one's saying the uniforms won the game Lights Out. We're using the fact that traditionally clad teams have won so many National Championships to dismiss Oregon's ridiculous sign that seems to imply that they're "champions" because they were all of these uniform combinations.

In this case it's the agents of modernity, via the Oregon/Nike PR department, trying to imply that the uniforms influence what happens on the field.

I didn't get that impression at all. I read it as them making fun of all the hand-wringing from fans of "traditional" schools over their ever-changing uniforms.

It was the last line. "Traditions don't change. Champions do." You look ridiculous saying that when, save for Miami in 2002, the traditional programs have won National Championship after National Championship. You look ridiculous saying that when you (Oregon) have yet to win a National Championship.

Archived