2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mwc-tcu-football.jpg

18bd048ce36ef54d8b70552bf59a4c07-getty-106049302rr060_rose_bowl_ga.jpg

69773280-tcu-horned.jpg

The more I look at this uni, the more I get kinda disappointed that they didn't just turn this into a brand new set. The frogskin texture for the numbers was genius, and I think that it would've translated very nicely into a purple jersey, and even more so in a white one. Good grief, a purple-white-purple set with this type of uniform would've been incredible.

Oh well. :(

They sortof are. TCU saves purple/black/purple for big bowl games (win vs. USC, win vs. Boise St., win vs. Wisconsin) or games where the other team has disrespected them before the game.

lg_mitchell_ap_01.jpgPJ-AS696_SP_BOW_G_20091208184713.jpg

TCU is getting new uniforms this season that will have purple, white and blacks and purple, white and black bottoms. They will always be paired up as follows however: purple/black, white/white, black/purple. The team used to wear purple tops at home with white or black pants and white shirts on the road with purple pants but the team lost some big games (at TTU, at SoMiss, and at SMU) and Coach Patterson is superstitious so he said no more white/purple.

I haven't seen one up close, but it is my understanding that the new uni set has frog skin on the numbers. The new helmets also have frogskin, which I love.

6409969.jpeg

199449_936190180303_9212695_43760255_1074486_n.jpg

Heck, Nike is selling frog skin numbers in their team catalog now.

I think Miami's Pro Combats from last year with their regular white helmet would be abetter option

That would look terrible! 80s unis are the best for the U.

And 2nd is the early new millenium look

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

What's wrong with just white pants?

Nothing. What's wrong with multiple pants?

The possibly of monochrome maroon or monochrome orange.

Monochrome maroon wouldn't be that bad. Monochrome dark colors are usually fine. Monochrome orange however...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Monochrome maroon wouldn't be that bad. Monochrome dark colors are usually fine. Monochrome orange however...

I disagree.

I disagree.

We'll agree to disagree then :grin: .

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Just look at this quick mockup of how great a white helmet, red jersey and orange pants look together

EA.jpg

No. White helmets look bad with any color pants other than white (colored pants are acceptable on the road). White helmets have a generic quality to them, so you have to match the pants to make it look like the white helmet was designed. In the pic you posted, it looks like the helmet should be either maroon or orange. With the white helmet, it looks like the team helmets got lost in transit and the equipment manager went to Sports Authority, bought white helmets and slapped the decals on the morning of the game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Virginia Tech did adopt the throwbacks all year last season, the only time they wore anything different was the Pro Combats in the 1st game. I love their throwback uniforms, they are 10 times better then these uniforms, but I think it could use a update (scroll down), or they should at least put their current VT logo on the collar. And no to the White/Maroon/Orange combo, the orange helmets weren't that bad IMO but those pants look awful.

And I agree that TCU's rose bowl uniforms were a beauty, much much better then their new uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

they are 10 times better then these uniforms

Those uniforms weren't all that bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

they are 10 times better then these uniforms

Those uniforms weren't all that bad.

I liked the number font, that was it. When they wore all maroon, the jerseys would become so dark because of sweat that they looked black, and then the maroon pants had orange piping while the maroon jerseys had white piping. They were pretty mismatched, I think the throwback uniforms look a lot better.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Those VT unis that Flame posted give me hope that Nike will be able to do the Colts and Jets' striping better then Reebok.

Which is why I'm all for Nike going to the NFL. They may have some of the most out-of-the-box designs in college football (for better or worse), but they can at least do some damn shoulder stripes correctly (given how players wear their jerseys today).

Those VT unis that Flame posted give me hope that Nike will be able to do the Colts and Jets' striping better then Reebok.

Which is why I'm all for Nike going to the NFL. They may have some of the most out-of-the-box designs in college football (for better or worse), but they can at least do some damn shoulder stripes correctly (given how players wear their jerseys today).

No, they can't. Their's just look less crappy than Adidsas'. Is that the best we can hope for? Relatively less crappy?

No, they can't. Their's just look less crappy than Adidsas'. Is that the best we can hope for? Relatively less crappy?

Pretty much. It's either that, stick with Reebok or go to Under Armour or Russell.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

247816_10150213858629706_45710364705_6875100_4380273_n.jpg

Pretty much. It's either that, stick with Reebok or go to Under Armour or Russell.

& considering those options, I'm perfectly fine with Nike. :P

Just look at this quick mockup of how great a white helmet, red jersey and orange pants look together

EA.jpg

That's a bad look.

EDIT: I guess I should explain why: Too many colors going on here & it doesn't flow together, which is a must when you've got a color combo like maroon & orange. It's mostly the orange pants that throw it off. The white pants would make it look fine, though.

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

247816_10150213858629706_45710364705_6875100_4380273_n.jpg

While it is very douchbabby (if that's even a word) it's true. That being said, GET RID OF THE F***ING CARBONITE HELMETS!

The term is "douchebaggy."

Archived