2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sign is INSIDE the practice facility. It is meant to reinforce Chip Kelly's message and philosophy about how the team approaches the game. Just like Notre Dame's "Play Like A Champion Today", it is meant as inspiration for the players. Whether they've won a title or not is irrelevant. The coach wants to make sure everyone on the team buys into the his philosophy and believes that they will win a title as long as stick to the plan, keep their heads down, and work hard. This sign is just helping to reinforce that. Its motivational. They aren't being braggy douchebags, this is INSIDE THEIR OWN PRACTICE FACILITY.

Sorry to interrupt the great conversation though, y'all can continue to s*** on Oregon now.

Man, Chip Kelly sucks are personally motivating his charges. He needs to rely on posters that retcon history and clothes to get players to do anything. And he gets paid how much to do this again?

*puts Oregon tea party on speed dial*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They aren't being braggy douchebags, this is INSIDE THEIR OWN PRACTICE FACILITY.

The latter does not preempt the former.

If Arizona put up a sign inside our practice facility that said ":censored: the world, you're better than all of them," then they would be braggy douchebags and liars, much like Oregon, regardless of the fact that only the players and coaches would see it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If you watched the game, Oregon outplayed Auburn throughout the game, but couldn't score in the redzone (or tackle Michael Dyer). We knew we were the better team, so the PR tried to make their lose look like a victory (they failed).

I watched the game, and I don't think Oregon outplayed Auburn at all. It was pretty even. Then again, I have no rooting interest in either team and am not an Oregon homer. And if you can't score in the redzone or tackle a running back, then you didn't "outplay" them.

I don't know how I missed that comment. Oregon did not outplay Auburn in any way. Auburn played just about their worst game of the season and it was still never in doubt. And I like Oregon and hate Auburn.

Beardown, you can't make fun of the Ducks when your team hasn't even made it to the Rose Bowl

Yes I can. I can make fun of whoever I want.

Sure you can. We also have the right to call you an idiot.

Well, maybe the others do. You? Not so much...

You, of all people, have absolutely no room to act all high-and-mighty about Spleen's posts, when he's essentially the Oregonian version of you.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If you watched the game, Oregon outplayed Auburn throughout the game, but couldn't score in the redzone (or tackle Michael Dyer). We knew we were the better team, so the PR tried to make their lose look like a victory (they failed).

I watched the game, and I don't think Oregon outplayed Auburn at all. It was pretty even. Then again, I have no rooting interest in either team and am not an Oregon homer. And if you can't score in the redzone or tackle a running back, then you didn't "outplay" them.

I don't know how I missed that comment. Oregon did not outplay Auburn in any way. Auburn played just about their worst game of the season and it was still never in doubt. And I like Oregon and hate Auburn.

I did not know that this was a "gameplaying thread" but rather a uniform thread. If you care to still b!tch from the 2010 season, there are man threads within Sports In General to do so.

Also, spleen, if you have integrity try to still complete this thread.

Is Oregon really lying?

Yes. The championships they have won (oh, they've won five Pac-10 titles, that's so amazing!) pale in comparison to the accomplishments of real traditional programs. In comparison, Oregon is most definitely not a champion.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The sign is INSIDE the practice facility. It is meant to reinforce Chip Kelly's message and philosophy about how the team approaches the game. Just like Notre Dame's "Play Like A Champion Today", it is meant as inspiration for the players. Whether they've won a title or not is irrelevant. The coach wants to make sure everyone on the team buys into the his philosophy and believes that they will win a title as long as stick to the plan, keep their heads down, and work hard. This sign is just helping to reinforce that. Its motivational. They aren't being braggy douchebags, this is INSIDE THEIR OWN PRACTICE FACILITY.

Sorry to interrupt the great conversation though, y'all can continue to s*** on Oregon now.

just seems to me the sigh isnt up to Kelly's standards. but i guess he had a large part of it? i have a lot of respect for Coach Kelly and what hes done there at Oregon, a LOT of high school and college coaches are taking notice of their practices. i think "win the day" should be on a large sign inside their facility. i love that motto

EDIT - nevermind, im an idiot. i get the sign now :P its actually quite good

EDIT 2 - some of you have this Oregon thing backwards. the uniforms are reflective of their culture and brand. thats what design is. communicate a message about WHO you are or want to be. you dont change a uniform and declare yourself an "outlaw" brand archetype. it starts at the core. the product. the brand identity represents it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I did not know that this was a "gameplaying thread" but rather a uniform thread. If you care to still b!tch from the 2010 season, there are man threads within Sports In General to do so.

Also, spleen, if you have integrity try to still complete this thread.

My team went undefeated and won the rose bowl. I don't have anything to ***** about. I was just responding to something someone else said.

Is Oregon really lying?

Yes. The championships they have won (oh, they've won five Pac-10 titles, that's so amazing!) pale in comparison to the accomplishments of real traditional programs. In comparison, Oregon is most definitely not a champion.

You aren't gonna win this one, man, so move one. A uniform that has numbers outlined in school colors and if you win a championship, you are a champion. The banner is stupid, but Oregon didn't say they were national champions.

(oh, they've won five Pac-10 titles, that's so amazing!)

And how many PAC-10 titles has Arizona won again?

Just one, though it was shared.

Actually, I do have a right. I can say whatever I'd like on here as long as the mods have no problem with it. Is it the complete opposite of tactful? Yes, but I've long since given up on trying to gain any sort of favor around here, as I know it's just not possible.

Can we ban any of these turds that are having pissing matches about their schools that don't apply to uniforms?

To keep it on topic, if there was ever a school that should have a grey facemask for their helmet, it's Kentucky.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Archived