2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

This F'n thread is completely un-readable, mostly due to the efforts of two Pac10 slapweiners from two different schools. Is there anyway we can get news on actual new uniform announcements in individual threads so we don't have to slog through this inteminable Oregon (with occasional, no-one-cares-or-asked-for-it mentions of Arizona) bitch-fest? Then we can let this thread go on it's merry way, just checking in every once and a while, to see what the special Ed section is up to.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This F'n thread is completely un-readable, mostly due to the efforts of two Pac10 slapweiners from two different schools. Is there anyway we can get news on actual new uniform announcements in individual threads so we don't have to slog through this inteminable Oregon (with occasional, no-one-cares-or-asked-for-it mentions of Arizona) bitch-fest? Then we can let this thread go on it's merry way, just checking in every once and a while, to see what the special Ed section is up to.

Good call. So does anybody know of any schools expected to get new unis this season (even if we don't have pics yet)?

Good call. So does anybody know of any schools expected to get new unis this season (even if we don't have pics yet)?

still waitin on an official release from Maryland.... and South Carolina for that matter.

90758391980.gif

If you watched the game, Oregon outplayed Auburn throughout the game, but couldn't score in the redzone (or tackle Michael Dyer). We knew we were the better team, so the PR tried to make their lose look like a victory (they failed).

Odd. The game I saw was the one where Auburn's defense jammed the Nikettes repeatedly, rammed the ball up their feathered necks and made the "Fastest offense in the universe" look awfully slow. I knew you get a lot of crap about being a homer, but that's just plain old drool bib kind of stupid. Oregon was lucky to keep that game close.

My apologies for piling in on this thread hijack. Couldn't resist the stinkbait.

I lol'd big time!

yeah...this thread is burnt out. or...has been. I'd like teambuilder to come out already so we can start talking about stuff!

The sign is INSIDE the practice facility. It is meant to reinforce Chip Kelly's message and philosophy about how the team approaches the game. Just like Notre Dame's "Play Like A Champion Today", it is meant as inspiration for the players. Whether they've won a title or not is irrelevant. The coach wants to make sure everyone on the team buys into the his philosophy and believes that they will win a title as long as stick to the plan, keep their heads down, and work hard. This sign is just helping to reinforce that. Its motivational. They aren't being braggy douchebags, this is INSIDE THEIR OWN PRACTICE FACILITY.

Sorry to interrupt the great conversation though, y'all can continue to s*** on Oregon now.

just seems to me the sigh isnt up to Kelly's standards. but i guess he had a large part of it? i have a lot of respect for Coach Kelly and what hes done there at Oregon, a LOT of high school and college coaches are taking notice of their practices. i think "win the day" should be on a large sign inside their facility. i love that motto

EDIT - nevermind, im an idiot. i get the sign now :P its actually quite good

EDIT 2 - some of you have this Oregon thing backwards. the uniforms are reflective of their culture and brand. thats what design is. communicate a message about WHO you are or want to be. you dont change a uniform and declare yourself an "outlaw" brand archetype. it starts at the core. the product. the brand identity represents it

Great posts (well, the edited parts, especially part 2). And the Win The Day sign and logo are plastered all over the practice facility and football stadium, I don't think that will change as long as Chip is in charge.

still waitin on an official release from Maryland.... and South Carolina for that matter.

and Utah...and Hawaii...UA sure is taking their sweet time...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

and Utah...and Hawaii...UA sure is taking their sweet time...

They had to wait and see what Nike was doing, so they could copy it. ;)

It seems as though somebody got a hold of one of OK State's new football helmets with the matte finish.

OSUHelmets.jpg

Wow, that does not look good at all. I am not a fan of matte, but it looks especially bad with a shiny facemask of the same color. The only time where I think matte even kinda works is with baseball helmets (since they wear woolish hats) and with helmets paired with retro uniforms (that were origianlyl worn with leather helmets).

I don't really get the appeal of matte helmet paint. It looks like the coating on a chalkboard.

Same reason people today like all the other ugly stuff they do: because it's different.

agreed, lets do a new thread for each uniform/logo change

I agree. I hate these omnibus threads. I'd rather see a new thread for each new uniform change as well so each change can be discussed in detail.

I honestly tried w/ Boise State's but you poeple graveyarded it

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I agree. I hate these omnibus threads. I'd rather see a new thread for each new uniform change as well so each change can be discussed in detail.

To be fair, the second post in that thread was "to the graveyard this goes", posted by, umm.....YOU.

To be fair, the second post in that thread was "to the graveyard this goes", posted by, umm.....YOU.

That's cause the Arizona slapweiner posted the link in the first post and I figured ":censored: it,may as well cut my losses and admit my mistake"

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Don't listen to the Arizona slapweiner (if that's a word) then, I don't think anyone does at this point.

I have a question, is OK State getting new uniforms to go along with the new helmet, or is it just the helmet? Images might have been posted earlier but no way in hell I'm going back to sift through the wreckage of this thread.

Archived