2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

"tradition practices at half speed"

i dont see how that fits in to Oregon. they've got the fastest offense in the country because of the way they practice. i believe their best record for most plays run in 30 mins during practice is somewhere around 28. thats hustle for 30 straight mins of football.

Oregon doesn't even have the fastest offense in the country. That would be OU (IIRC). Most offensive plays/game and plays/ToP IIRC.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami's uniforms may not be traditional, but I would call them a traditional powerhouse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I didn't get that impression at all. I read it as them making fun of all the hand-wringing from fans of "traditional" schools over their ever-changing uniforms.

It was the last line. "Traditions don't change. Champions do." You look ridiculous saying that when, save for Miami in 2002, the traditional programs have won National Championship after National Championship. You look ridiculous saying that when you (Oregon) have yet to win a National Championship.

Thank you for that elaboration, Ice Cap. I didn't realize this would actually have to be explained...but I was wrong, haha

Miami's uniforms may not be traditional, but I would call them a traditional powerhouse.

Agreed, Miami has modern uniforms but they are still a traditional program. And like everyone has said it is very dumb for Oregon to put that sign up, because I can't think of a National Champion in recent memory that doesn't have great tradition. I guess you could try to argue that Auburn or Florida doesn't have many National Championships but they are still powerhouse teams every year with tons of tradition.

Now looking at those Kentucky uniforms, are the away uniforms silver? It may just be the lighting effects, I actual loved the uniforms they have been wearing but these look alright.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Agreed, Miami has modern uniforms but they are still a traditional program. And like everyone has said it is very dumb for Oregon to put that sign up, because I can't think of a National Champion in recent memory that doesn't have great tradition. I guess you could try to argue that Auburn or Florida doesn't have many National Championships but they are still powerhouse teams every year with tons of tradition.

Now looking at those Kentucky uniforms, are the away uniforms silver? It may just be the lighting effects, I actual loved the uniforms they have been wearing but these look alright.

I hope they aren't silver. that would be SFSS. Boise didn't need it. Washington State certainly didn't need a silver alternate, but I guess it's a pass for them.

But Kentucky is blue and white, and their current overall look is incredible. Very underrated in my book. The stupid jersey stripes could be changed, but adding silver could really kill it. I doubt those are road uniforms...likely just alternates.

If you watched the game, Oregon outplayed Auburn throughout the game, but couldn't score in the redzone (or tackle Michael Dyer). We knew we were the better team, so the PR tried to make their lose look like a victory (they failed).

I watched the game, and I don't think Oregon outplayed Auburn at all. It was pretty even. Then again, I have no rooting interest in either team and am not an Oregon homer. And if you can't score in the redzone or tackle a running back, then you didn't "outplay" them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Overall, I can appreciate what Nike was trying to do in spinning that negative (Oregon's loss) into a positive in order to cast more of a spotlight on the program's overall success in even making it into the 'ship. That is, up until that last line. That one jumped the shark.

Ultimately, I really don't think Oregon's success (and let's be real here, they have accomplished a significant amount of success ever since Joey Harrington's Heisman campaign introduced the lot of the world to Oregon football in the first place) is going to influence any half-well known school east of the Mountain Time zone to want to get all crazy innovative with designs/colors/what have you, at least to the extent that Oregon and now Boise State have. If anything, it'll influence other manufacturers to wanna play keep-up, if not leap-frog--and we've already seen that out of UnderArmour with the vapor-trail-ish gloves & cleats they came up with for South Carolina, & pretty much their own version of Oregon with Maryland athletics. I think that's where the real influence will be seen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Beardown, you can't make fun of the Ducks when your team hasn't even made it to the Rose Bowl

Yeah, but I don't think his team is claiming to have won a Rose Bowl either. :P

I get that Oregon is calling themselves "champions" in terms of their Pac-10 Titles in the past two seasons, but no one can argue against how pretentious it seems.

Both of the Oregon posters I've seen with all of this "change" crap are doing nothing but displaying an element of insecurity.

Is Oregon insecure? No, and they have a great brand, but still...that billboard is so very out of line in terms of accuracy and claims. It's embarrassing.

Beardown, you can't make fun of the Ducks when your team hasn't even made it to the Rose Bowl

Yes I can. I can make fun of whoever I want.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sure you can. We also have the right to call you an idiot.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know it's all about the money and marketing but I seriously hate it when teams change their uniforms every year or every other year. How can you expect to keep an identity with so many changes year after year? And I blame this mostly on Nike with some of the ridiculous Pro Combat uniforms. Each team should have one, not one every single year because they absolutely ruined Miami with last years.

Well, maybe the others do. You? Not so much...

Explain to me how Oregon isn't changing things though. Sure we still have the traditional uniformed teams out there but teams are quickly starting to add 4, 5, 6 uniform combinations. And in every article about these uniforms guess who is brought up, Oregon. Oregon is now known for their uniforms, which have "pushed the envelope" so to say and have pissed off many a traditionalist for their quirkiness.

As for the champions thing, we are Pac 10 champs 2 years in a row, we didn't get the big title but oh well, we still were champs of something. I don't see the problem in bragging about winning a very tough conference. Other teams brag about conference championships.

Well, maybe the others do. You? Not so much...

No he can. By your logic if you can do anything then he can too. Double standards are lame.

Explain to me how Oregon isn't changing things though. Sure we still have the traditional uniformed teams out there but teams are quickly starting to add 4, 5, 6 uniform combinations. And in every article about these uniforms guess who is brought up, Oregon. Oregon is now known for their uniforms, which have "pushed the envelope" so to say and have pissed off many a traditionalist for their quirkiness.

As for the champions thing, we are Pac 10 champs 2 years in a row, we didn't get the big title but oh well, we still were champs of something. I don't see the problem in bragging about winning a very tough conference. Other teams brag about conference championships.

It's because we did it in a very in your face way, even though we lost the national championship. Plus, the Pac-10 wasn't exactly the best conference in the nation last year. Just wait a few years. We'll get our chance.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know i'm adding to this forum going off topic, but personally i don't see that sign as a big deal. I don't think it was meant for the whole world to see. It looks like it's just a sign that only the players can read when coming in from practice. I think if anything it's just motivating them so that their whole non traditional style of football (fast pace/ modern uni's) will result in a championship. Also if it was put to deliberately send a message to other teams than it would make sense i guess in regards to other pac 10 teams such as usc and ucla with traditional uniforms and not being champions.

I dunno, i could be wayyyyy off here but that's what i interpreted from the sign.

Bragging about insignificant championships is solely the province of Alabama fans. If Oregon purports to have these National Championship aspirations, don't call yourself a champion until you've actually won one.

/LOL Indiana Hoosiers OLD OAKEN BUCKET CHAMPIONS!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

anyone seen these?

newkentuckyfootballunis.jpg

the helmets look like a mixture of shiny and matte but it is hard to tell from that picture. facemask looks gray/gunmetal. same gray color on the sleeve and collar cuffs too.

is kentucky changing uniforms every 1-2 years now?.

Archived