2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Those jerseys aren't bad. The helmet is atrocious though.

I feel the exact opposite. The helmet is the only good part.

Granted we're not getting a full view of the jerseys, but they look simple and clean enough. Solid colours, decent custom font, no crazy panels, piping, or mismatched sleeves. The grey jersey and the gradient numbers on the blue jersey need to go, but as far as Nike's experimental looks go the jerseys seem pretty low key.

The helmet on the other hand? Well it's an ugly horse logo to start off with, and it's way to big. Finally, the white on white logo/shell thing they have going on isn't winning me over. If it turns out the logo's only on one side of the helmet it may be the ugliest in NCAA football.

They need to give it a blue facemask as well. don't mind it being big, but they need to fill in the logo. But look on the bright side, they could have had the logo out line be silver, which was the original plan.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i would ever ask for as a fan is that the striping on the helmets, pants, and jersey matched. i was really surprised that for a bcs program that had some success (completely discounting the hwsnbn years) with an athletic department that can pretty much print money that we spent last season mismatched like that. i thought it was pretty embarassing myself.

edit: the pic you posted isn't showing up, so here's another link

1103362.jpg

I think it is really sad that adidas can't even make shoulder stripes look good on computer-generated images.

that's because these are technically sleeve stripes

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

These are a downgrade, especially helmet-wise. It's hard to tell but it looks like they got rid of the god-awful half horse head from the pants. But 4 jerseys, 4 pants, 2 helmets? Why is boise the new oregon?

It could be the lighting, but is that a gradient I see on the blue jersey's numbers? I'm almost positive their pro combats from last year didn't have a gradient on the numbers. Also, because of the way these pictures were taken, it's very hard to tell if they still have that one contrasting sleeve color thing going on. Hopefully, not.

Yes, did you not see their bowl uniforms?

If I do recall correctly they wore all of those jerseys last year...the blue was the bowl game, gray was the season opener, and since you can't see the shoulder detail the orange and the white could have been their regular away and the all orange alt they wore last year.

No, they didn't. Only the blues. The other uniforms are different (in several ways), not the least of which was the template. These are the new Nike Speed machine template that was only worn by 3 teams in bowls last year and is only now otherwise available. TCU and Purdue will also be wearing these this season.

I hate Boise as much as the next guy but these are sharp

fvahk9.jpg

2469kl5.jpg

4lpqvm.jpg

r1n41x.jpg

Those were supposedly leaked on twitter

Not a fan of the gradient or the left sleeve being a different color, but the jerseys aren't bad at all.

DAT HELMET THO

I hate asymmetrical design elements in football. I hate gradients. That's pretty much all I can say about these.

I completely agree with you, throw in the ridiculous helmet design and these are a miss in my book. Since their Fiesta bowl overtime victory over Oklahoma like 5 years ago or whenever that was, Nike has put Boise's uniforms in free fall.

These are a downgrade, especially helmet-wise. It's hard to tell but it looks like they got rid of the god-awful half horse head from the pants. But 4 jerseys, 4 pants, 2 helmets? Why is boise the new oregon?

It could be the lighting, but is that a gradient I see on the blue jersey's numbers? I'm almost positive their pro combats from last year didn't have a gradient on the numbers. Also, because of the way these pictures were taken, it's very hard to tell if they still have that one contrasting sleeve color thing going on. Hopefully, not.

If I do recall correctly they wore all of those jerseys last year...the blue was the bowl game, gray was the season opener, and since you can't see the shoulder detail the orange and the white could have been their regular away and the all orange alt they wore last year.

No, they didn't. Only the blues. The other uniforms are different (in several ways), not the least of which was the template. These are the new Nike Speed machine template that was only worn by 3 teams in bowls last year and is only now otherwise available. TCU and Purdue will also be wearing these this season.

Gray jersey was worn vs Virginia Tech. I hope those orange jerseys are never paired with the orange pants. Hope the gray pants never make the field either. And I don't mind the larger logo but only if it were on both sides of the helmet and shrunk so it's about the size of the Michigan Panthers logo used to be

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gray jersey was worn vs Virginia Tech. I hope those orange jerseys are never paired with the orange pants. Hope the gray pants never make the field either. And I don't mind the larger logo but only if it were on both sides of the helmet and shrunk so it's about the size of the Michigan Panthers logo used to be

A grey jersey was worn vs. VT, but it wasn't that one.

10-0907_VT-Boise+State.jpg

fvahk9.jpg

The 2010 version had a blue sleeve, numbers outlined in silver, a badge-shape at the neckline and were the old cut. The 2011 version has gray sleeves on both sides, numbers outline in orange, oval-shape badge at the neck and are speed machine template.

They've already gone orange/orange:

4ce77a0478330.image.jpg

But not in the new uniform which is what I think was being pointed out. These were last years standard uniform

I'm obviously very aware of that (see the post before that).

fvahk9.jpg

The 2010 version had a blue sleeve, numbers outlined in silver, a badge-shape at the neckline and were the old cut. The 2011 version has gray sleeves on both sides, numbers outline in orange, oval-shape badge at the neck and are speed machine template.

ok...those call outs definitely make sense now...the blue material overlapping the right side of the gray made me think it was the vt jersey but that was the wrong side that had blue...nonetheless look out for some wacky combos like white helmet, gray jersey, orange pants...yikes!

fvahk9.jpg

ok...those call outs definitely make sense now...the blue material overlapping the right side of the gray made me think it was the vt jersey but that was the wrong side that had blue...nonetheless look out for some wacky combos like white helmet, gray jersey, orange pants ...yikes!

:puke:

Is it possible to give a uniform a negative score? Because that would earn it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I hate Boise as much as the next guy but these are sharp

fvahk9.jpg

2469kl5.jpg

4lpqvm.jpg

r1n41x.jpg

Those were supposedly leaked on twitter

A Boise Fan says "These are a huge upgrade from last years piping disasters." The white jersey is the best looking.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

New vid from NCAA 12...Colorado in throwback silver...Utah in black pants. Seems to be pretty modest changes to the Utah's uni template (pant stripes all the way to the waist, more black accents, etc). Can't tell if the Utes font is still Univers as it's still so damn tiny...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I hate asymmetrical design elements in football. I hate gradients. That's pretty much all I can say about these.

I completely agree with you, throw in the ridiculous helmet design and these are a miss in my book. Since their Fiesta bowl overtime victory over Oklahoma like 5 years ago or whenever that was, Nike has put Boise's uniforms in free fall.

To be fair, the Fiesta Bowl jerseys weren't very good either. I like their new look better than that chunky, block number, drop shadow bleh that they wore the year they built Oklahoma.

Still, these aren't great either. And why is no one freaking out about the addition of grey to the Boise St uniforms? People blew their tops when Oregon added grey.

And why is no one freaking out about the addition of grey to the Boise St uniforms? People blew their tops when Oregon added grey.

Boise State may have added grey, but their uniforms will still feature team colours prominently. There are entire Oregon Ducks uniform sets that don't contain the colours green or yellow.

To be fair, the Fiesta Bowl jerseys weren't very good either. I like their new look better than that chunky, block number, drop shadow bleh that they wore the year they built Oklahoma.

Still, these aren't great either. And why is no one freaking out about the addition of grey to the Boise St uniforms? People blew their tops when Oregon added grey.

I feel the same about those Fiesta Bowl jerseys. They didn't stand out, they were just cookie cutter jerseys. All their unis up until the last three years have been basic cookie cutters. I think no one has freaked out about the gray because it was introduced last year. But I think they should never, ever wear the gray pants. And definitely not an all gray uniform. And I think Boise State is happy to get as many new unifr=orms as Oregon because they feel it proves they are becoming a national power.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Aside from the hideous pro combat rivalry uniform, boise's grey replaces white, which isn't a school color. When Oregon uses grey, it does so at the expense of school colors.

And why is no one freaking out about the addition of grey to the Boise St uniforms? People blew their tops when Oregon added grey.

Boise State may have added grey, but their uniforms will still feature team colours prominently. There are entire Oregon Ducks uniform sets that don't contain the colours green or yellow.

No, there is one set, that would be the national championship set. Even that had a form of greenish yellow which was just a combo of the 2 colors.

Archived