2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

all i would ever ask for as a fan is that the striping on the helmets, pants, and jersey matched. i was really surprised that for a bcs program that had some success (completely discounting the hwsnbn years) with an athletic department that can pretty much print money that we spent last season mismatched like that. i thought it was pretty embarassing myself.

edit: the pic you posted isn't showing up, so here's another link

1103362.jpg

I think it is really sad that adidas can't even make shoulder stripes look good on computer-generated images.

The shoulder stripes aren't the problem. The drop shadow numbers on the other hand...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i would ever ask for as a fan is that the striping on the helmets, pants, and jersey matched. i was really surprised that for a bcs program that had some success (completely discounting the hwsnbn years) with an athletic department that can pretty much print money that we spent last season mismatched like that. i thought it was pretty embarassing myself.

1103362.jpg

I think it is really sad that adidas can't even make shoulder stripes look good on computer-generated images.

The shoulder stripes aren't the problem. The drop shadow numbers on the other hand...

The shoulder stripes are so bad I didn't even notice the drop shadows.

1103362.jpg

I guess adidas is taking pride in the fact that the jerseys stretch so much that they warp all design elements so much that there will never be a straight line on a jersey ever again

1103362.jpg

I guess adidas is taking pride in the fact that the jerseys stretch so much that they warp all design elements so much that there will never be a straight line on a jersey ever again

I thought hoped the shoulder stripes were like that because they were trying to show the curvature in the jersey.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Have you no sense of decency Nike, at long last? I know Boise's uniforms were already Nikefied but this is taking things to a whole different level.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These are a downgrade, especially helmet-wise. It's hard to tell but it looks like they got rid of the god-awful half horse head from the pants. But 4 jerseys, 4 pants, 2 helmets? Why is boise the new oregon?

It could be the lighting, but is that a gradient I see on the blue jersey's numbers? I'm almost positive their pro combats from last year didn't have a gradient on the numbers. Also, because of the way these pictures were taken, it's very hard to tell if they still have that one contrasting sleeve color thing going on. Hopefully, not.

These are a downgrade, especially helmet-wise. It's hard to tell but it looks like they got rid of the god-awful half horse head from the pants. But 4 jerseys, 4 pants, 2 helmets? Why is boise the new oregon?

It could be the lighting, but is that a gradient I see on the blue jersey's numbers? I'm almost positive their pro combats from last year didn't have a gradient on the numbers. Also, because of the way these pictures were taken, it's very hard to tell if they still have that one contrasting sleeve color thing going on. Hopefully, not.

Looks like on the grey jersey the sleeve on the right (from our POV) is blue.

I actually kind of like them, to be honest.

6fQjS3M.png

Looks like on the grey jersey the sleeve on the right (from our POV) is blue.

I actually kind of like them, to be honest.

That looks like the overlapping white jersey to me. The one sleeve look had the right arm colored in for Pro Combat, so idk.

103938497.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E60EBFF3F1CC03D35FA26433D7EAC1F81E94D9356CE881D8B3F06BF04B24B4128C

Other than the gray uniforms (though I can live with those), not bad at all! Can't wait to see them on the field. I'm not sure the white helmet belongs there, because that was leaked last season and was rumored to be worn with the monochrome orange uniform against Fresno, but it never materialized.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yes, did you not see their bowl uniforms?

If I do recall correctly they wore all of those jerseys last year...the blue was the bowl game, gray was the season opener, and since you can't see the shoulder detail the orange and the white could have been their regular away and the all orange alt they wore last year.

Those jerseys aren't bad. The helmet is atrocious though.

For once, we agree on something :grin: . They need to fill in the Bronco and get rid of the gray jerseys.

If I do recall correctly they wore all of those jerseys last year...the blue was the bowl game, gray was the season opener, and since you can't see the shoulder detail the orange and the white could have been their regular away and the all orange alt they wore last year.

When a team wears a gray jersey, it inevitably looks like they're supposed to be wearing white but someone mixed the laundry before washing it. Just dingy.

k6ZkT.jpgDavon+Morgan+Boise+State+v+Virginia+Tech+V0m2uy6rMrsl.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I feel the exact opposite. The helmet is the only good part.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Other than the grey uniform, this is at least an upgrade... I hated Boise's piping on the last uniforms.

But, I hate the combination of blue, grey, and orange. Anyone who thinks the blue and grey looks good on that blue field is out of their mind! No one can argue blue, orange, and white looks better.

but, I could definitely live with these...they look like a simpler design, and the number gradient is kind of neat.

I really like this update. I'm actually glad that they are sticking with silver, it sets them apart from all those other orange and blue teams(and looking like the Broncos as they did a few years ago). The gradient numbers aren't really needed but the gray alt looks sharp and is dark anough to not look like a dirty white jersey. The helmet however, looks bad. White looks out of place now and that horse head is just too big, it even looks bigger than last years pro-combat. It will just look weird on revo's and revo speeds. Just shrink the logo and put it on a blue helmet and it's good to go.

maehl.png

I feel the exact opposite. The helmet is the only good part.

Granted we're not getting a full view of the jerseys, but they look simple and clean enough. Solid colours, decent custom font, no crazy panels, piping, or mismatched sleeves. The grey jersey and the gradient numbers on the blue jersey need to go, but as far as Nike's experimental looks go the jerseys seem pretty low key.

The helmet on the other hand? Well it's an ugly horse logo to start off with, and it's way to big. Finally, the white on white logo/shell thing they have going on isn't winning me over. If it turns out the logo's only on one side of the helmet it may be the ugliest in NCAA football.

Archived