Was This Going to be the Super Bowl XLV logo?

knnhrvy16

Hey guys, all apologies if this has already been covered, but I was doing a quick google search of Super Bowl XLV, just out of curiousity to see if there were any other logos or logo concepts out there, and this was on the first page:

SUperBowlXLV-2-2.jpg

It looked pretty professional and well done to me, and it got me wondering if this may have been a legit option for the Super Bowl. I know it had to have been made a while ago, because the date of the game is obviously wrong. Does anyone by chance know about this logo?

In my opinion, it's WORLDS better than the real deal.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

i like that one its 12452 times better then the one they are using now

Except that it's not.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Fan concept, and no. In no way is this logo better than the actual one. Maybe the concept could be salvaged, but the execution is not good.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

I don't think it's THE best logo I've seen, but I certainly prefer it over the current one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That looks nice. I like the flag incorporation; it really flows.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

That looks nice. I like the flag incorporation; it really flows.

Except it seems to incorporate the Scottish flag more than the Texas flag

Haha, took me a second to see what you were talking about. Didn't catch that the first time around.

That's a horrible mistake.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

This logo showed up in today's TMQ illustration on ESPN.com (check the Cowboys Stadium jumboscreen at the top).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This a far from NFL quality. The only thing that makes this better from the actual logo is that they incorporated some color into it. Aside from that, there in nothing positive to take from this concept.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived