Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

haha...they just gave Dareus their old jersey from last year.

But who cares?

In a couple weeks, the "jersey photo" will be all but forgotten. They're only ever seen in career retrospective galleries unless the player is a Leaf-level bust.

The photo certainly isn't worth moving an unveiling date for.

When is the unveiling date?

I heard 6/25.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't EA Sports usually show a screen cap of the players in the uniforms of their drafted teams? You'd think that'd be the first sight of the new bills digs unless they unveil before that.

Yea I'm sure Dareus will be in the new duds this week on madddn

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Doesn't EA Sports usually show a screen cap of the players in the uniforms of their drafted teams? You'd think that'd be the first sight of the new bills digs unless they unveil before that.

potd 10/20/12

potd 10/20/12

They should've handed Marcell Dareus the new uniform...oh well we'll have to wait...

I was thinking they should at least give him the throwback jersey. Closer than the monstrosity they made him handle.

87Redskins.png

A red jersey as alternate?

As the late Lou Saban would say ... "For the love of Pete, I surely hope not"!!

The new set appears to be a bright royal blue, the throwbacks aren't a bright blue, more of a Colbalt.

The Grazing Bison is still extremely popular with most of the fans, so I would expect the throwback to remain as the alternate.

A red jersey as alternate?

As the late Lou Saban would say ... "For the love of Pete, I surely hope not"!!

The new set appears to be a bright royal blue, the throwbacks aren't a bright blue, more of a Colbalt.

The Grazing Bison is still extremely popular with most of the fans, so I would expect the throwback to remain as the alternate.

I believe someone who has seen the new unis posted that they were, in fact, the darkers blue. Being that the only real differences between the new set and the throwbacks will be the sleeve stripes and helmet logo, keeping the throwbacks would be as pointless as the Browns' throwbacks. If the Bills want to wear an alternate, they should wear the Super Bowl era jerseys. The red helmet and socks would at least contrast a little more with their regular home set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I believe someone who has seen the new unis posted that they were, in fact, the darkers blue. Being that the only real differences between the new set and the throwbacks will be the sleeve stripes and helmet logo, keeping the throwbacks would be as pointless as the Browns' throwbacks. If the Bills want to wear an alternate, they should wear the Super Bowl era jerseys. The red helmet and socks would at least contrast a little more with their regular home set.

The BILLS are trying to finally get away from red helmets, not stay with them.

There's a big difference between merely placing players jersey numbers on the sides of a bare orange helmet, and switching from a leaping Bison to a grazing one. Marketing-wise the BILLS have too big of a demand for team apparel that has the '62-'73 grazing Bison.

Not a good comparison. The Red helmets can come back years from now in a throwback, but right now we're trying to move away from that.

The Madden '12 tease looked like the 90s blue like on Thurman Thomas', not the '65 throwback blue. Hope that someone is right about what they saw.

21_spiller_throwback_jersey_back.jpgj3217.jpg

The blue on the throwbacks is the same royal blue they currently use in the logo and uniform, and it's the same royal blue that will be used in the new uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The blue on the throwbacks is the same royal blue they currently use in the logo and uniform, and it's the same royal blue that will be used in the new uniform.

True. (At least it is for the currents and throwbacks; I can't speak for the new ones.). Since the NFL started identifying Pantone Textile colors in 1997, the Bills have used two different shades for their Royal Blue:

BuffaloBillsBlue_2001_TEX_SRGB.png <---> BuffaloBillsBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

Yes - that is the most horrific Pantone Textile color description ever..."Surf the Web". Embarrassing. The NBA uses this color for all Royal Blue teams as well...

The Madden screencap looks like it has the uniforms from the Joe Ferguson era.

Ferguson2.jpg

Correct. Those are the uniforms on which the new ones are supposedly based.

Pretty off topic, But here is a pic of top pick Marcell Dareus holding up the old jersey with his new #99

MDareus_4292011cm_0591--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

I never minded this uni, but the away/white version was just flat out hideous.

Funny, I always thought the white uni looked better. Granted, it looked like a hockey jersey, but at least the piping didn't seem as random, and the two different blues was less noticeable (only in the numbers)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived