Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

One color numbers are very underrated. If the rest of the uniform has more than one color, single-color numbers (as long as they're the darker of the colors on the white jersey) can actually enhance the look of the other detail. There's also something to be said about single-color twill numbers just looking... "tougher" (for lack of a better term.) I think that if they had a lot of red white and blue trim along the sleeves and collar, single-color royal blue numbers would be just fine.

Packers, Raiders, Giants, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, LSU... yup, I think we can find a lot of examples of teams that would agree with you.

Not all of those teams look good with the single colored numbers though.

Also, single color != block. The single color thing can work with a custom modern font just as well as it does with a block font. I do not think that single-color numbers are automatically "retro" or "throwback".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One color numbers are very underrated. If the rest of the uniform has more than one color, single-color numbers (as long as they're the darker of the colors on the white jersey) can actually enhance the look of the other detail. There's also something to be said about single-color twill numbers just looking... "tougher" (for lack of a better term.) I think that if they had a lot of red white and blue trim along the sleeves and collar, single-color royal blue numbers would be just fine.

Packers, Raiders, Giants, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, LSU... yup, I think we can find a lot of examples of teams that would agree with you.

Yes, but except a few jerseys which don't feature any white (Raiders, Michigan, USC, LSU) and the Giants' unis which barely feature red at all, all of those teams have primary colored jerseys paired with secondary colored helmets and/or pants. A blue jersey paired with white pants and a white helmet needs to feature the secondary color, even if it appears in the stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkASNejt3s

Looks like you can see the new Bills uniforms at the 0:13 mark.

Did you find this yourself, or see it on another board?

so far twobillsdrive.com forums and the bills official forum are blowing up with this news.

also I BILLieve ESPN has confirmed these are the real deal.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Definitely a major upgrade from their CFL uniforms. Sure some details need to be fixed, but its aesthetically much better than before.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Confirmation post by ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28310/promo-video-leaks-buffalos-new-uniforms

And here's a clearer screenshot from Buffalo Rumblings:

jersey1_large.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Confirmation post by ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28310/promo-video-leaks-buffalos-new-uniforms

And here's a clearer screenshot from Buffalo Rumblings:

jersey1_large.jpg

Well, someone's losing their job over that goof. :P

I'm really bummed that they went with the gray facemask as well. The white helmet with charging buffalo and blue facemask was one of my favorite all-time helmets. I'm also hoping that there will be red number outlines and you just can't make them out in this video. If not, that's two things that will keep this uniform from being one of my favorites in the league. But it's still a massive upgrade.

I'm more concerned about the blue pants over blue striped socks than the grey facemask. I'm suprised others haven't felt the same. Otherwise, I am very happy about what is coming down the road from One Bills Drive.

Well we've heard that they have more than one sock option, plus they haven't even been released yet so it's a little premature to be concerned about this now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Boo hoo! Another grey facemask, for all the people who complain about the modern uniform cuts, one would think an "old school" staple would be appreciated.

Boo hoo! Another post whinging about other posters rather than putting forward an affirmative position on the uniforms.

Boo hoo! Another grey facemask, for all the people who complain about the modern uniform cuts, one would think an "old school" staple would be appreciated.

Boo hoo! Another post whinging about other posters rather than putting forward an affirmative position on the uniforms.

+500 for your use of the highly underused and underrated verb "whinging." No, friends, that's not a typo; it's throwback English and so very, very apropos to the subject at hand.

Seriously, I don't know if you intended to do that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Well done!

PS - On topic, overall I do like the update but would have preferred to see a blue facemask. At least the Bills have a history of changing up the masks based upon popular opinion. Remember that the original red domes featured blue cages for a brief period of time.

+500 for your use of the highly underused and underrated verb "whinging." No, friends, that's not a typo; it's throwback English and so very, very apropos to the subject at hand.

Seriously, I don't know if you intended to do that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Well done!

PS - On topic, overall I do like the update but would have preferred to see a blue facemask. At least the Bills have a history of changing up the masks based upon popular opinion. Remember that the original red domes featured blue cages for a brief period of time.

This wasn't liked by the fans? It was probably before my time, but picturing in my head what I think it might've of looked like, it seems like it would been a nice look.

This wasn't liked by the fans? It was probably before my time, but picturing in my head what I think it might've of looked like, it seems like it would been a nice look.

jim-kelly-buffalo-bills-under-center-action-autographed-photograph-3370372.jpg

bufg.png

Yep, full intent. Can't take full credit; my wife is English, and my ex-wife Australian, and "whinging" is a strong, vital word in the Queen's English.

I did edit my post, since I fear I might have mis-read his intent, but I'm chuffed you noticed. :D

Gray facemask......?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!! :mad:

Wow, Kenny's mom got pretty hot.

You know, I rather watch a series with these guys...

SouthparkFamily.jpg

than their inspiration...

Edit: Oh, oh, next post is #100, I better come up with something good....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Archived