Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

:P

OK... you can stop that anytime now.

Stop what? I'm not the one to officially spoil it...Madden 12 did. When I created the 2011 template and put the Bills on my main page, I didn't think anyone would notice or really looked at that page. Once they did, I had to deny that that's what they were going to resemble. The cat is out of the bag now.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these Madden screenshots are the real deal then I say job well done. They took the best of the throwback look and took the superior modern logo to create a truly sharp look.

Finally, the Bills look right again.

First off, if Johnny's rendering is correct and he helmet has thin white stripes between the red and blue, therefore not matching the pants, that is a terrible choice.

Going with no outline on the numbers is inexplicable. This recent trend of teams not outlining numbers is bush league. The two uniform sets these jerseys were based off of had red outlines, yet these don't? It's bad design.

My biggest thing is that they are stupid for making blue pants. I don't care how good they look with the white jersey. We are going to see blue monochrome garbage by week 8, and eventually the players will probably move to wearing blue mono at home fulltime. Players can't be trusted to pick good uniforms and therefore shouldn't be given many options.

Also, why the :censored: would they make blue pants without making white socks? Pairing the blue pants with the blue socks is inexcusable.

Overall, the Bills had a great idea, and of course improved their look greatly, but they still dropped the ball. So much potential, yet they botched so many parts of it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

First off, if Johnny's rendering is correct and he helmet has thin white stripes between the red and blue, therefore not matching the pants, that is a terrible choice.

My biggest thing is that they are stupid for making blue pants. I don't care how good they look with the white jersey. We are going to see blue monochrome garbage by week 8, and eventually the players will probably move to wearing blue mono at home fulltime. Players can't be trusted to pick good uniforms and therefore shouldn't be given many options.

Also, why the :censored: would they make blue pants without making white socks? Pairing the blue pants with the blue socks is inexcusable.

I can't 100% confirm the thin white stripes on the helmet. When I first saw them in December, the helmet was far enough that I couldn't make it out (same applies to the jersey collars). I'm kinda pissed that Madden 12 leaked this. My original template on Wiki wasn't 100% exact cause I didn't want to be the spoiler, but I made it close enough that all it took were a few minor adjustments. Damn Madden 12 :cursing:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Didn't Madden also reveal the Seahawks green jerseys to the world?

Yea....but thankfully most thought it was an April Fools Joke that carried over into the game. They've also spoiled the 49ers white pants in Madden 11. I guess in this era of technology, you just can't keep the lid on. I suppose the Giants throwback is going to be spoiled next....I hope not. <_<

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Didn't Madden also reveal the Seahawks green jerseys to the world?

Yea....but thankfully most thought it was an April Fools Joke that carried over into the game. They've also spoiled the 49ers white pants in Madden 11. I guess in this era of technology, you just can't keep the lid on. I suppose the Giants throwback is going to be spoiled next....I hope not. <_<

White 49ers pants? And now that the Bills set has been leaked, can you show us what the uniform looks like with the few alterations you mentioned?

Those white 49ers pants in Madden 11 weren't right to me. It had the logo in the stripes and black, which is nowhere else on the uniform but the logo.

Also, those Bills uniforms are pretty epic.

Those were part of the uniform set from Reebok when they switched last season. Madden 11 wasn't wrong for putting them in there I suppose, but it kinda ruins the shock value when the 49ers do bust them out. Same thing happened in Madden 07 (I think that was the one) when they had the Browns with brown pants as their primary road uniform set. When the Browns got new uni's in '06, the brown pants were part of the set, but they didn't wear them until a preseason game in 2008 (against the Giants) and then made them their official away uni's in 2009. Its not like Madden knows when a team will make the decision to wear them and they are right for putting them in, just ruins it for when they do wear them further down the road. Oh well...bottom line though, Madden 12 should've done a better job of holding off the Bills uni's until Buffalo had their unveiling party.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Those white 49ers pants in Madden 11 weren't right to me. It had the logo in the stripes and black, which is nowhere else on the uniform but the logo.

Those were part of the uniform set from Reebok when they switched last season. Madden 11 wasn't wrong for putting them in there I suppose, but it kinda ruins the shock value when the 49ers do bust them out. Same thing happened in Madden 07 (I think that was the one) when they had the Browns with brown pants as their primary road uniform set. When the Browns got new uni's in '06, the brown pants were part of the set, but they didn't wear them until a preseason game in 2008 (against the Giants) and then made them their official away uni's in 2009. Its not like Madden knows when a team will make the decision to wear them and they are right for putting them in, just ruins it for when they do wear them further down the road. Oh well...bottom line though, Madden 12 should've done a better job of holding off the Bills uni's until Buffalo had their unveiling party.

Or Buffalo should have considered when Madden stuff usually comes out so they could better plan their release. It's not like they didn't know Madden had them; they told Madden what they would look like.

Or Buffalo should have considered when Madden stuff usually comes out so they could better plan their release. It's not like they didn't know Madden had them; they told Madden what they would look like.

Communication is key.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

We are going to see blue monochrome garbage by week 8, and eventually the players will probably move to wearing blue mono at home fulltime. Players can't be trusted to pick good uniforms and therefore shouldn't be given many options.

Its the players game, son.

And its 2011.

Put the crying towel down.

We are going to see blue monochrome garbage by week 8, and eventually the players will probably move to wearing blue mono at home fulltime. Players can't be trusted to pick good uniforms and therefore shouldn't be given many options.

Its the players game, son.

And its 2011.

Put the crying towel down.

1. Yawn

2. You use an apostrophe when pluralizing jersey, but not when showing a possession of players? Do you even know what apostrophes do, or do you think adding them at random spices up a sentence?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If this is the direction they're going I'm not digging the look. I understand the tradition of the team, but the look is just not working for me. I don't like the stripes, on the sleeves and especially on the socks, it looks like they're stuck in a 70's/80's time warp. And why a gray face mask, why not a blue or red one, so it can actually match the uniform.

If this is the direction they're going I'm not digging the look. I understand the tradition of the team, but the look is just not working for me. I don't like the stripes, on the sleeves and especially on the socks, it looks like they're stuck in a 70's/80's time warp. And why a gray face mask, why not a blue or red one, so it can actually match the uniform.

To me, it's a perfect blend of the Jim Kelly and OJ Simpon eras. They wanted to tapped into both and it is a success. My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that I think the blue facemask would've looked better over the gray. But to be honest, the grey works well. LOVE these uni's!!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

To me, it's a perfect blend of the Jim Kelly and OJ Simpon eras. They wanted to tapped into both and it is a success. My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that I think the blue facemask would've looked better over the gray. But to be honest, the grey works well. LOVE these uni's!!!

If that was their intention to combine the eras, then in that regard they did a pretty good job. Although teams that go with a gray face mask in this day and age tend to leave me shaking my head. I honestly can't think of one team that looks good with it. It really dampens the overall look of the uniform in my opinion.

Problems with the new set (provided Madden was accurate):

1. Single layer numbers with no outline (not only would it look better with a red outline, but both eras they combined had a red outline). This is the most inexcusable blunder;

2. No blue facemask (although grey doesn't look bad, this was a no brainer);

3. Blue pants (which will lead to ridiculousness of a traditional look messed up with blue monochrome);

4. Not making white socks to pair with blue pants (the OJ era blue pants were paired with white socks, too);

5. Thin white stripes added to helmet so it doesn't match the pants (possible);

6. Silly wordmark below collar.

Hopefully they come to their senses and at least add the red outline and drop the blue pants/add white socks after the first season. Those seem minor enough, though I imagine the helmet won't be altered for a long time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived