Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Can't agree with you - gray looks worlds better than the white.

brownshelmets.png

Agree to disagree.

I'll take the white.

I'll allow them to do retro gray as soon as they remove that ridiculous 'AL' patch.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll allow them to do retro gray as soon as they remove that ridiculous 'AL' patch.

I hate the "AL" patch with a passion. Al Lerner is the one that allowed Modell to leave Cleveland. Art signed the paperwork to move the Browns while on Lerner's jet. Al Lerner didn't bring the Browns back...the NFL already guaranteed the Browns were coming back even before the move. Lerner just had the deepest pockets....that doesn't deserve respect. His son is a joke too. The ONLY initials that should ever be associated with the Cleveland Browns is Paul Brown.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I hope Payton Hillis gets it. Not only has Vick already been on the cover (2004) but an EAGLE has also been on the cover (McNabb, 2009).

I hope Hillis gets it too. And McNabb was on 06 there by the way :grin:

Oh, right....

madden06_box.jpg

I actually had this. It's just been a while....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

(Getting sidetracked to the Browns in a Bills thread...sorry!)

Keep in mind that the Browns' facemask color is a fairly standard Gray:

ClevelandBrowns_PML1_2007-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Initially in 2006, they came out with a darker Gray for the facemask graphics, but changed it to a more standard shade in 2007.

I've posted something similar before, but how about using the shade of Orange from the Browns' current "Vintage" logo, and pair it up with a new shade of Brown for the stripes and facemask that is reminiscent of the former "Seal Brown" - not the custom Reebok color they're currently using. (Which is practically Black.)

ClevelandBrowns_PropHRQ1_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

A Google search led to this message board post that had this pic:

5533662800_70458093b5.jpg

Can we get some confirmation or denial on this?

Hmmm....I could see the real product being something similar. I wouldn't be suprised if the sleeve stripe colors were reversed, the numbers were white outlined in red, and the colors on the buffalo were reversed. The overall design itself, I could definetely see being used.

(Keep in mind, I have absolutely NO inside information, this is just total speculation and opinion.)

Those things look like the offspring of the early-80s Bills uniforms and the 1993 Patriots uniforms:

47-23258-Y.jpgbledsoe93sl-1.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I'm a Bills season ticket holder and will be attending the Draft Day party. I asked my ticket rep if the jerseys would be unveiled then and was told that the unveiling is scheduled to take place in June.

darnit

is this confirmed?

hope not! break out the new stylezzz!!

True. What exactly did Al ever do to earn such a tribute? Arrange for Modell to move the team and put up guaranteed zero-risk money for its replacement.

Or, in a word: nothing.

The patch is insulting to the legacy of George Halas. And I hate that bastard to this day.

Papa Bear dedicated over 60 years of his life to the Bears' franchise. Lerner, a whopping four.

"AL" was worthy of a temporary black & white helmet sticker, at best.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm a Bills season ticket holder and will be attending the Draft Day party. I asked my ticket rep if the jerseys would be unveiled then and was told that the unveiling is scheduled to take place in June.

darnit

is this confirmed?

hope not! break out the new stylezzz!!

What kills me is that even when I saw these new uni's back in December, they had to know a lockout was looming. Why not just wait until 2012 when all of the smoke has cleared? Now they're gonna have their top pick holding a jersey that won't even be seen on the field in 2011. But then again, Buffalo could pull a fast one and have the new home uni in NYC this Thursday.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

True. What exactly did Al ever do to earn such a tribute? Arrange for Modell to move the team and put up guaranteed zero-risk money for its replacement.

Or, in a word: nothing.

The patch is insulting to the legacy of George Halas. And I hate that bastard to this day.

Papa Bear dedicated over 60 years of his life to the Bears' franchise. Lerner, a whopping four.

"AL" was worthy of a temporary black & white helmet sticker, at best.

2149106863_ee5734906b.jpg

^ This was the perfect tribute to Al Lerner for the year he died and it then shold have gone away for good and NOT placed on the left sleeve for every season afterwards.

On a side note...love this uniform prior to thier change in 2006. The stripes are smaller and have a nice brown stripe in between the white and orange. Now they are too big and just looks cheap.

And then there's that beautiful WHITE facemask!!!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

peyton-hillis.jpg

I'm probably gonna get killed on here for not noticing this at all, but HOLY CRAP THAT'S STILL THERE?! Yeah, that is pretty damn ridiculous, & Cujo nailed it: It should've been a temporary helmet sticker at the most. I still can't believe they kept the "AL" longer than a season. Wow.

Also, put me in the white facemask camp. The Browns still look good with a grey facemask, but it was a downgrade from the white facemask.

peyton-hillis.jpg

I'm probably gonna get killed on here for not noticing this at all, but HOLY CRAP THAT'S STILL THERE?! Yeah, that is pretty damn ridiculous, & Cujo nailed it: It should've been a temporary helmet sticker at the most. I still can't believe they kept the "AL" longer than a season. Wow.

Also, put me in the white facemask camp. The Browns still look good with a grey facemask, but it was a downgrade from the white facemask.

It'll probably stay there as long as the Lerner's own the team. And the NFL is just as guilty as Modell and Lerner for the move. Personally I wish they'd just given the original team's players back when Cleveland came back, but oh well! As far as Buffalo, the sooner they ditch their current unis the better

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

(Getting sidetracked to the Browns in a Bills thread...sorry!)

Keep in mind that the Browns' facemask color is a fairly standard Gray:

ClevelandBrowns_PML1_2007-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Initially in 2006, they came out with a darker Gray for the facemask graphics, but changed it to a more standard shade in 2007.

I've posted something similar before, but how about using the shade of Orange from the Browns' current "Vintage" logo, and pair it up with a new shade of Brown for the stripes and facemask that is reminiscent of the former "Seal Brown" - not the custom Reebok color they're currently using. (Which is practically Black.)

ClevelandBrowns_PropHRQ1_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I like it but would suggest white!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

You guys may not like brown, orange, and gray together, but go out in any fashionable adult environment or just go to any nice men's shop in early-to-mid autumn and you're going to see a lot of dark orange, brown, and gray. A nice orange v-neck under a dark brown suede jacket worn with charcoal or even medium gray trousers (possibly even with a brown window-pane pattern). Oh yeah - that's the stuff.

I'm probably as anti-gray facemask as anyone on these boards. Hate them. But I can't deny that even though gray isn't one of their colors, and it therefore breaks my personal rules regarding helmet design, the gray just looks nice against the orange shell and brown stripes. Now if they'd only lose the white stripe!

True statement. Personally I think orange and grey or silver is the most underrated/underused color combo. Only Syracuse basketball off the top of my head. They don't do it great, but I still love those colors together. It's like an autumn leaf against a gloomy October sky. If the color combo appears in nature, that's a dead giveaway that it's a good one. You don't see much navy blue and black in nature.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You guys may not like brown, orange, and gray together, but go out in any fashionable adult environment or just go to any nice men's shop in early-to-mid autumn and you're going to see a lot of dark orange, brown, and gray. A nice orange v-neck under a dark brown suede jacket worn with charcoal or even medium gray trousers (possibly even with a brown window-pane pattern). Oh yeah - that's the stuff.

I'm probably as anti-gray facemask as anyone on these boards. Hate them. But I can't deny that even though gray isn't one of their colors, and it therefore breaks my personal rules regarding helmet design, the gray just looks nice against the orange shell and brown stripes. Now if they'd only lose the white stripe!

Well, if the Browns decide to go with the tie and suit look as their next uniform, I suppose we'll have to accept it. ^_^

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011 Cleveland Browns!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived