Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Also, the Browns grey masks are just... wrong.

I understand the grey facemask on their 3rd alternate/throwback uni and the fact that it was originally for their 60th anniversary, but that has come and gone and the allotted time has passed where they are allowed to go back to the white facemask. No idea why they are keeping it.

This iconic uni needs it's white facemask back ASAP!!

8976110-large.jpg

This uniform set had a grey mask for decades before the switch to white. It looks ten times better with a grey mask, and so it shall remain.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the grey facemask on their 3rd alternate/throwback uni and the fact that it was originally for their 60th anniversary, but that has come and gone and the allotted time has passed where they are allowed to go back to the white facemask. No idea why they are keeping it.

8976110-large.jpg

This uniform set had a grey mask for decades before the switch to white. It looks ten times better with a grey mask, and so it shall remain.

What they really need is them long sleeves like what Marion Motley n' em used to wear back in the day. Hell--they can even bring back the old-school Chucks. THAT would be something to see in this day and age. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8976110-large.jpg

Just about every team had a grey facemask back in the day too...so what. Orange and grey look horrible together (i.e. Phoenix Suns). The following pic is how the Browns should look and need to go back too.

ozzie-newsome-si-cover.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Actually, colors like orange and brown work really well with gray. Just because Phoenix butchered it doesn't make that false.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, colors like orange and brown work really well with gray. Just because Phoenix butchered it doesn't make that false.

Just looks horrible on the Browns helmet when compared next to a Browns helmet with the white facemask....especially when they wear all-white like in the picture of HoF Ozzie in the pic above. Will be interesting to see what they do in 2012.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Actually, colors like orange and brown work really well with gray.

Can't say I agree with you there. IMO, gray/silver looks better with "cool" colors like blue or green, as opposed to "warm" colors like orange or brown.

For example...

uw1whwij2ph1judzpgfotkoyj.gif

This helmet is perfect. The gray really pops and doesn't look muddled like it does with the Browns' helmet.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You guys may not like brown, orange, and gray together, but go out in any fashionable adult environment or just go to any nice men's shop in early-to-mid autumn and you're going to see a lot of dark orange, brown, and gray. A nice orange v-neck under a dark brown suede jacket worn with charcoal or even medium gray trousers (possibly even with a brown window-pane pattern). Oh yeah - that's the stuff.

I'm probably as anti-gray facemask as anyone on these boards. Hate them. But I can't deny that even though gray isn't one of their colors, and it therefore breaks my personal rules regarding helmet design, the gray just looks nice against the orange shell and brown stripes. Now if they'd only lose the white stripe!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys may not like brown, orange, and gray together, but go out in any fashionable adult environment or just go to any nice men's shop in early-to-mid autumn and you're going to see a lot of dark orange, brown, and gray. A nice orange v-neck under a dark brown suede jacket worn with charcoal or even medium gray trousers (possibly even with a brown window-pane pattern). Oh yeah - that's the stuff.

I'm probably as anti-gray facemask as anyone on these boards. Hate them. But I can't deny that even though gray isn't one of their colors, and it therefore breaks my personal rules regarding helmet design, the gray just looks nice against the orange shell and brown stripes. Now if they'd only lose the white stripe!

Well, if the Browns decide to go with the tie and suit look as their next uniform, I suppose we'll have to accept it. ^_^

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Actually, colors like orange and brown work really well with gray.

Can't say I agree with you there. IMO, gray/silver looks better with "cool" colors like blue or green, as opposed to "warm" colors like orange or brown.

For example...

uw1whwij2ph1judzpgfotkoyj.gif

This helmet is perfect. The gray really pops and doesn't look muddled like it does with the Browns' helmet.

That's a bad example, though, because the helmet uses grey. Grey would NATURALLY work in this instance.

It's where I sit.

If the Browns had grey anywhere else on their jerseys, it would be great, but without it, it doesn't look as good.

But then again, would grey look good on the rest of the jerseys?

No in my opinion.

Here's an idea... brown facemasks? Just a thought :P

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I disagree with that. I mean, gray doesn't clash with brown like black does, but khaki pants would go much better with the outfit above. I also agree with Lights Out that gray generally doesn't go well with earth tones. Maybe the Browns helmet would look better if they used a lighter gray, maybe it's the shade of orange they use, but I far prefer the old helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I say this as someone who's been critical of teams that go back to grey facemasks after years of wearing coloured versions....

What if there was a rule that just made grey facemasks mandatory? That would solve the debate, wouldn't it? The argument is that since you can make facemasks any colour you should coordinate it with the rest of the uniform. Hence the dislike of grey facemasks among some people if the team doesn't include grey or silver in their colour scheme.

If a new rule outlawed coloured masks, however, then the facemask would go back to being just a piece of equipment that's not supposed to be colour coordinated. So the fact that it wouldn't be in most cases wouldn't be seen as an issue.

Sort of like hockey skates.

I say this as someone who's been critical of teams that go back to grey facemasks after years of wearing coloured versions....

What if there was a rule that just made grey facemasks mandatory? That would solve the debate, wouldn't it? The argument is that since you can make facemasks any colour you should coordinate it with the rest of the uniform. Hence the dislike of grey facemasks among some people if the team doesn't include grey or silver in their colour scheme.

If a new rule outlawed coloured masks, however, then the facemask would go back to being just a piece of equipment that's not supposed to be colour coordinated. So the fact that it wouldn't be in most cases wouldn't be seen as an issue.

I won't cry over the grey facemask if and when this happens. :P

Peyton-Hillis-Madden11-360.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I won't cry over the grey facemask if and when this happens. :P

Peyton-Hillis-Madden11-360.png

I hope Payton Hillis gets it. Not only has Vick already been on the cover (2004) but an EAGLE has also been on the cover (McNabb, 2009). Also, I say the Browns' player should get it because it's not like the team could be any more "cursed" than they are now....

But really, I just think grey facemasks for most teams in football period are just a cop out or just kind of half assed, ya know? If it's not a throwback or if your not the Cowboys, Raiders, Giants, or 49ers.... or Eagles, it's just copying.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I hope Payton Hillis gets it. Not only has Vick already been on the cover (2004) but an EAGLE has also been on the cover (McNabb, 2009).

I hope Hillis gets it too. And McNabb was on 06 there by the way :grin:

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived